Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I have a few questions before I buy, if anyone could answer I would very much appreciate it.

My only XP with COV is the Minivolt, which I don't care for because of sleep mode/auto off. Does the Wraith have any such "features"?

Powers off chipset after x minutes?
Delayed firing after sleep/deep sleep?

Not terribly concerned with Temp mode, but would be nice if it works as intended, any comments on it?

And finally the bundle listed @ Ecigcity lists 60ml included, is that a choice of any 60 on the site or specific brand? Could not find anything on this so I assume any 60 on site.

Walter Ego

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wild West
I have only been using this for a little over a day so not much experience.
"My only XP with COV is the Minivolt, which I don't care for because of sleep mode/auto off. Does the Wraith have any such "features"?

Powers off chipset after x minutes?
Delayed firing after sleep/deep sleep?"

I have not noticed any delay and it doesn't sleep.

'Not terribly concerned with Temp mode, but would be nice if it works as intended, any comments on it?"

I have dual SS316 Claptons and TC works pretty well but I have to set the temp at 475 to get the vape I like. YMMV

"And finally the bundle listed @ Ecigcity lists 60ml included, is that a choice of any 60 on the site or specific brand? Could not find anything on this so I assume any 60 on site."

The instructions said I should put the MG and Flavor in the comments box, I never saw that as I was checking out so I just skipped it. They sent me 6mg Mango by Naked, it's pretty good I'm happy. Also I received 2 batteries.:thumbs:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Just ordered mine, been waiting for a decent regulated squonker that didn't cost to much, and didn't like the kanger's, this is a killer deal with the free juice and battery, not many places seem to have this mod yet, and be surprised if any can beat this deal.

Last edited:

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    SE US
    They haven't started offering spare bottles have they? Can't wait to land my grubby hands on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just wish all these guys coming out with squonkers would just use the REO or Italian style bottles instead of all these hard to get proprietary bottles.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2013
    Earth
    Agreed, spare bottles are a must for this thing. Squonk bottles do tend to develop horizontal cracks that will start to sweat out juice over months of use, eventually break.

Question: watched the video and didn't see any stealth option. I like my steam crave squonker just fine as a regulated mod, but I cannot stand how regulated mod's screens glow so damn bright. I'd like to be able to turn it off when I'm using it... I just think screens are obnoxious lighting up every damn puff when you don't need them after adjusting.

Thanks

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Mine turned up today, 1st time I have used ecig city, but was impressed with them, good deal and even with free shipping, they shipped 2 day priority.

I love the finish of the mod, not a fan of the atty, but I knew I wouldn't be, as not a DL cloud chaser, do have a freakshow mini, but wasn't happy with that either, so on the hunt for a decent MTL BF atty now.

6wFVg4w.jpg

dPYcSbF.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Wraith arrived. That's SUPER fast - ordered Monday, delivered Thursday? Dang. Kudos to "Vape Street" - and the sale is still on - with "Summer16" it's like $59.95 for a Wraith.

First impressions - feel free to respond, and keep in mind: I almost exclusively vape mech squonkers - this is an excursion for me!

1 - EXCELLENT feel and finish. It's just nice to hold and look at. No finish flaws, smooth, SOLID (heavy) feel to it.

wraith1.jpg

2 - First "kit" where I looked it over and decided to actually use the atty.

Went "off" my usual a LITTLE bit, building something I thought suitable AND in my happy zone: it's sloppy, but landed just where I wanted, and is vaping just how I imagined it would: SINGLE, centered, dual-parrallel, SS316L, 28g, 3mm, 7-wraps for 0.4 ohms. Not a lot of wick - cuz I can squonk, right?

And boom - the atty is doing pretty good! - airflow adjustment WORKS with real range. And it's small, so it's kicking flavor. It seems like you could open it up and do clouds-bro, no problem.

BUT - since it's built for, and delivering, a nice juicy swamp-vape - I'm getting a lot of condensation back on TOP of the spit-guard thing. I don't think it's removeable. If not, I may swap out for an atty that doesn't collect a puddle near my mouth - I can fix a build so it doesn't spit too much...
    (Also can't see in there - so I did already squonk too much, and spill a little juice out the airholes)

3 - As I guessed, vaping how I do, 80 watts is gonna be fine for me. I'm vaping under 40 right now. I probably WILL experiment - throw a 0.2 Clapton in there and see what's what - but I've tried before and have never enjoyed anything under 0.4. Those builds tend to need more air than I like - but I'll see - plus I'm curious if the "powerful mode" overcomes bigger build "heat-lag".

BUT - The menu system is a little hinky. Maybe it's me - not used to HAVING a menu - but it's not all that intuiting to click "up" to change to a Memory Setting, then click "down" to change the watts. But I'll get used to it...

4 - Please someone tell me if it's just me - but the battery cover seems slick, until you actually have to put a battery in. I tried 2 different ones in case the VTC4 was long or something, but it's the same with an LGHG2 - the thing is HARD to CLOSE. Like VERY difficult. I thought I was going to break the door. And I DID accidentally push like all the buttons while I was struggling to get the battery door closed - I was also worried I'd dry-fire it - because I was putting in the first bottle of juice as well as the battery (it's the battery that's tight) - and had the atty on already...

5 - The bottle...well...it's a little TOO SOFT. Funny - because all my other squonkers got IMPROVED with new softer bottles - but this bottle just SQUISHES, and doesn't have enough "pull" to pop back into shape, and pull excess squonked juice back down. It does...just slowly. I'll get used to it... And hopefully super squishy doesn't mean "gonna wear out and leak soon".

That's it - overall, very pleased with it - it's definitely a good deal - not many regulated squonkers around - let alone for $60 - and gives me something to fiddle with, and learn to tweak for my use, for quite some time. It's not going to shift me from an overall preference for mech squonkers, but I'm pretty sure I AM going to use it regularly...

LOL - I picked black. Again. heheh.
    wraith2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread