Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I picked it up a couple of weeks ago when they arrived here in Canada. It is possible that there might have been a problem with the paint and changed it on a new run. Mine definitely has the flat black rubberized coating you find on many things.

The retailer I picked this up from has no more in stock and is not planing to get more. I was given the option of returning it for store credit or keeping it with a $25 discount on my next order.

I'd loose the original shipping cost and the return shipping if I send it back. So I'll just keep it, get a wrap for it and apply the $25 credit to an OBS Crius Plus.

Quite disappointing... also CoV is pretty much unreachable, and I'd probably have to send the unit back to China for exchange. :glare:
It definitely seems like something is going on with whatever paint they used,i've seen a few people mention chipping and peeling now.Mine sort of feels a little like a rubberized finish,but i can't really tell for sure.It is really smooth,and like i said mine has a little shine to it,definitely not flat,but not gloss either,so i would say like a satin finish.If mine does start to flake or peel,like you,i will either try and find a wrap for it,or tape everything off and do a better paint job on it.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm hoping to pick one up next weekend since there are typically alot of sales.
Those that have one, does it accommodate 24mm like the tsunami without overhang?
I plan to get more bf rda but currently just have the velocity and tsunami. I have a hard time justifying paying more for the rda than the mod lol.

Reactions: rangerrobin

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have a regular Tsunami not the 24, here is the Velocity Mini that I use on mine now.
brwYQsWl.jpg

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Those that have one, does it accommodate 24mm like the tsunami without overhang?
I plan to get more bf rda but currently just have the velocity and tsunami. I have a hard time justifying paying more for the rda than the mod lol.
Haha, I'm with ya, but I have an Odin V2 on mine! ;)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I don't have the Tsunami,but i tried the 24mm rda that came with my Coppervape mod,and yes 24 will fit perfectly on the Wraith,it comes right to the edges,but there is no overhang.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I like the looks on the white one. But the peeling paint problem is scaring me away, quite honestly.
Maybe it's better to wait for a nice DNA60 squonker, considering it will offer reduced size as well.
Now were talking, a DNA60 squonker would be perfect IMHO.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Well i was just about to ask what the verdict was but i see the paint cant stand up to a month or two plus off brand chip and limited material options and no at home updating. . Guess im out unless they're going for under $40 without rda . Anyone got any suggestions for dna60/75 single battery that isn't he therion which is big and. Well. Ugly .

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
This is the one I'm keeping an eye on for now.

Is it out? If not when ?

There is a person on ebay selling the white ones for $37.80 with the rda.
Authentic Council of Vapor Wraith 80W Squonker Starter Kit

I sent a lot of detailed questions to cov. They clearly didn't bother reading the full emails , which were long but well enough constructed and direct. The answers weren't impolite , they just didn't answer half of what i asked part of which was about current stock circulation and their fixes. What i learned was

They changed the finish. Adding hardener to try and stop the peeling / rubbing iff. If yours is damaged you send a photo then they decide if it qualifies to be replaced

Does he white not have issues ? With finish?

How is the temp control for stainless on it ? 326 i assume only ? O manual tcr rigt ? and is there a size comparison around for some other sort of common mods ?

Thats so cheap
Cheap Enough price but despite loving white mods i don't really think it loos great in white though it wont ever go out with me. But for his price I'm in.

Returns not accepted. Listed as generic brand. Reseller rating is low for ebay. Hmmm

on't care about the rda at r all. Unless its something amazing but I'm predominantly a single coil mtl vaper

Thanks guys!!

Ps. $35 here also cali

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Cou...sid=p2056116.c100408.m2460&varId=501469285220

Last edited:
Reactions: b.m.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Reactions: TrollDragon

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I just picked one of these up at a local B&M. Looking forward to building it and trying it out.
    ....EDIT....

Ok, this is my first 'squonk' mod and I've never used a RTA before so this is all new. I ended up with a white one. Fits in the hand nice. The menu took a bit to get used to but was able to dial it in for a 0.7ohm 28AWG Ti coil fairly quickly. (I put in a single coil)

My first build I used Rayon however @ 450F setting it was getting noticeably singed (brown) so I pulled the Rayon and used Silica rope. Not sure if this thing has "dry coil" protection or not. My Rayon might not of been dripping wet but primed enough where it would not singe on other mods. Humm...

I can't stand the ginormous drip tip. Its like taking a draw on a soda pop bottle or something. Yuck. I find myself constantly removing the lid to check the wick/coil and how much juice is on it. I can't seem to get a consistent vape from it.

I see that squonkers try to solve two different issues:
    1. how to keep a drippers wick wet
    2. how to carry around 15ml of juice in the mod
    I usually vape 7mg-24mg juice, unflavored mostly and sometimes < 5% flavoring just to mix things up. Dripping to me would be a royal PITA since I'm not chasing flavor but rather a nicotine fix and my collection of RTA's serve that use very well.

The problem I see with the 15ml bottle is that you'd have to carry extra batteries around to make use of it. Sadly this mod does not have USB charging so in my mind the extra capacity is useless without the charging or mah to make use of it.

While I think of trying another build on it (maybe dual coil this time) I did order a velocity clone for it. Maybe I'll like it more.

....edit2....

Ok, to be fair I put another build on, 26AWG this time (hopefully the crappy grub screws will bite the thicker wire better), 6 wraps, 0.40ohms and tried Rayon again keeping the tails fairly short and fluffed them and folded them under the coil near the juice hole.

This setup works like I'd expect. Even at 380F and 20W I'm clouding up my living room. Nice consistent vape. Still don't like the drip tip or the single 18650 battery life but I'm a squanking!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread