Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Day2 of my first squonker:
    30014564913_d0e50795b9.jpg

and the build:
    30531340432_843eedb592.jpg

I've settled on having 2 or 4 air holes open and swapped out the tank with one filled with 7mg to replace the 3mg I was using. I plugged in a fresh LG brown this AM. Unlikely I'll be able to drain the 15ml bottle on one battery but I'm actually getting used to this thing. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well the Atty SUCKS. The holes are oblong, hard to get the wire under the screw. So I modified one of my TOBH for bottom feed, works good.

TOBH.BF.jpg

I installed a .9 ohm SS 316L dual build to try temp control, only problem is it fires at 50 watts, way to high for me. Anyone know how to reduce the watts in temp control mode? All I can adjust is the temp, and even at 220F it fires at 50 watts. Thanks

Reactions: TrollDragon

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Adjusting power is dependent on which button you push first.
    • I believe if you push the "UP" button it will scroll through the three temperature memories. If you push the "DOWN" while "Mx" is flashing you then can adjust the temperature of that memory. (using both up/down buttons)
    • The power setting is accessed by pushing the "DOWN" button first. Once activated you can then use both UP/DOWN to adjust the wattage in temp mode. Just fire to lock.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Adjusting power is dependent on which button you push first.
    • I believe if you push the "UP" button it will scroll through the three temperature memories. If you push the "DOWN" while "Mx" is flashing you then can adjust the temperature of that memory. (using both up/down buttons)
    • The power setting is accessed by pushing the "DOWN" button first. Once activated you can then use both UP/DOWN to adjust the wattage in temp mode. Just fire to lock.
    Thanks a Bunch :)
    I'll give it a try once I get home.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Yeah, the Wraith RDA really leaves a lot to be desired. You can get better performance out of it with a dual 24g+ build and some power behind it, but then a different squonker would be required to fire it... ;) I look at the Wraith atty as a possible source for a BF pin as opposed to a usable RDA.

Seeing that the TC is limited to 50W on the Wraith, CoV should have really designed a decent single coil RDA to include with it. One that's not 11mm+ across the posts... :facepalm:

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I look at the Wraith atty as a possible source for a BF pin as opposed to a usable RDA.
    Yea the Atty it comes with does suck, but I like the Wraith. I took out the BF pin from the atty, but the insulator does not seem to want to come off, guess I will have to try it in another atty to see if it will fit. :)

I guess I am different when it comes to TC. I have a SS316L 30ga dual coil build, 10 wraps, comes in at .87Ω. I have it set to 20 watts and 220F. I can vape till the cotton turns white and it cuts me off, then I squonk, no dry hit and it does not burn the cotton. :w00t: So for me, all good. :thumb:

I converted a TOBH dripper to a BF atty and it is working great (just ordered 3 more on clearance for less than $10 with shipping), so I am good for a while. Also just got an Origen clone that I am going to try on it with a SS build, (if I can fit it in that little thing, only 16mm & 2 post :facepalm:)

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Day3 - I have some other atty's for it. Here's the Wreath with a "Transformer" mounted:
    30664591036_2e1e608365.jpg

and the build:
    30069526764_542d021d73.jpg

this is my 2nd build on the "Transformer", my 1st one used the Velocity deck which forces use of the tall cap which seems to not have any air flow adjustment. The coil above is mounted directly on the deck.

I'm a bit concerned with the "Transformers" deck "nipple" as it (like the Velocity clone I bought) is not flush with the deck so the bottle won't completely drain any excess juice Squonked onto it.

The transformer and velocity both sit taller than the stock atty. Oddly I'm starting to like the included atty more. (I still don't like the drip tip)

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    COV Wraith - 1 week later

• the included RDA kinda grew on me however I've settled on a Velocity clone with BF pin. The top of the drip tip is much further away from the coil on the included RDA and I like the AFC better.
    • While 3 clicks will lock the mod however 5 clicks only produces a "power off" message without actually powering off the device. Not a real show stopper (the lock function seems to work)
    With Ti-01 the Wraith vapes in TC fairly well. I can vape my rayon wick nearly dry (vapor production falls off a cliff) and a quick squeeze replenishes. My small single coil build works well with a mere 20W however if I flood the wick (over squonk) 30W is needed to get the coil up to vaping temperature (set point) with in reasonable time.

As with any 18650 mod I burn through 2 or more batteries a day. I think it would be way cool if someone released a 26650 BF mod as the dual 18650 squonkers don't appear to be shirt pocket friendly.

This device may of given me "the bug" as I have 3 different other squonkers currently on order. ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    While 3 clicks will lock the mod however 5 clicks only produces a "power off" message without actually powering off the device. Not a real show stopper (the lock function seems to work)
    When the Power Off screen appears, press + or - to actually power off the Wraith.

Every time you power cycle the Wraith, it will ask you New/Same coil on the first fire. I just click 5 times to turn it on, hit the fire button, then hit - and vape away.

Yes the Wraith has a really poor battery life, it must have a 75% efficiency rating. :lol:

Reactions: Burnie

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    When the Power Off screen appears, press + or - to actually power off the Wraith.

Every time you power cycle the Wraith, it will ask you New/Same coil on the first fire. I just click 5 times to turn it on, hit the fire button, then hit - and vape away.

Yes the Wraith has a really poor battery life, it must have a 75% efficiency rating. :lol:

Ok thanks for the tip - pushing the "-" button did power it off.

I would wager that the Wraith is no more or less efficient than other single 18650 mods, I have a few and they all fairly close +/- the same battery life.

Hence why I was switching to dual's and 26650 mods. I can go all day and then some on those. (I even have a dual 26650!)

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2015
    North Carolina
    Well the Atty SUCKS. The holes are oblong, hard to get the wire under the screw. So I modified one of my TOBH for bottom feed, works good.

View attachment 610611

I installed a .9 ohm SS 316L dual build to try temp control, only problem is it fires at 50 watts, way to high for me. Anyone know how to reduce the watts in temp control mode? All I can adjust is the temp, and even at 220F it fires at 50 watts. Thanks

I'm converting a Tobh to and was wondering how does the juice get up through there?? Does the bottle tip fit In the cutters slot and lock into place or do I have it wrong

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I'm converting a Tobh to and was wondering how does the juice get up through there?? Does the bottle tip fit In the cutters slot and lock into place or do I have it wrong
    The juice goes from the bottle, through the hole in the 510 on the mod, then around the o-rings on the TOBH (where you cut them) and into the bottom of the deck. The bottle tip never touches the RDA. Once you take the TOBH apart, you will see how it works.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2015
    North Carolina
    The juice goes from the bottle, through the hole in the 510 on the mod, then around the o-rings on the TOBH (where you cut them) and into the bottom of the deck. The bottle tip never touches the RDA. Once you take the TOBH apart, you will see how it works.

Yea I've already took it apart and have the 2 piece insulator already out...I meant when it is notched does the squonker bottle squirt the juice up through the notched part???

The removable 510 screw is solid and the positive post is to except for the coil wire hole..am I missing something??

I'm asking how would it not leak and would there be clearance issues...idk how it wouldn't leak down the bottle

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Yea I've already took it apart and have the 2 piece insulator already out...I meant when it is notched does the squonker bottle squirt the juice up through the notched part???

The removable 510 screw is solid and the positive post is to except for the coil wire hole..am I missing something??

I'm asking how would it not leak and would there be clearance issues...idk how it wouldn't leak down the bottle
    Normal Squonk atomizers have a hole in the plus pin for the liquid to flow to the atomizer base, you are modifying the TOBH so the liquid flows up the side of the plus pin, instead of through a hole in the plus pin, to the atomizer base. That's the best I can explain it.

Reactions: Adam harris

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Do you mean leak around the outside of the bottle? The Wraith's 510 connection pin is surrounded with a silicone cup so all the juice is contained.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2015
    North Carolina
    Thank you guys it makes sense now. I didn't realize the 510 on the Wraith had a hole in the pin..so by modifying the Tobh it's squirting through the 510 on the Wraith and up through the gap on the Tobh..and it doesn't leak because the 510 on the wraith is incased by a silicone cup..so it has no choice but to move the juice through the gap on the Tobh..

Have you noticed on the modified Tobh that it's alot easier to squonk on than the stock atty

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread