Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Have you noticed on the modified Tobh that it's alot easier to squonk on than the stock atty
Seems about the same to me. I only nipped the o-rings about the size the hole would be in the center pin, so that could be why. I wanted to leave as much o-ring as possible for insulating purposes. Also on the center pin and screw, I marked them with a marker before I took it apart, so I would know where to grind them, so when I put it back together the flat spots would line up with each other. Might not be necessary, but that's how I did it. :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I really don't care much for 3 post RDAs, the E-Phoenix Resurrection is the only 3 post that I use on the Wraith. It has a nice big juice well to reduce on squonking. :D

3kwWK2nl.jpg

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Seems about the same to me. I only nipped the o-rings about the size the hole would be in the center pin, so that could be why. I wanted to leave as much o-ring as possible for insulating purposes. Also on the center pin and screw, I marked them with a marker before I took it apart, so I would know where to grind them, so when I put it back together the flat spots would line up with each other. Might not be necessary, but that's how I did it. :)

Good call on lining it up and marking it. Could I just cut a 1mm slot in the insulator and then line them up manually,mark the post, or would the positive post spin out of place.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Good call on lining it up and marking it. Could I just cut a 1mm slot in the insulator and then line them up manually,mark the post, or would the positive post spin out of place.
It really does not matter, I just like things to line up, but the juice will flow up even if the holes are 180 degrees out, there is only one way the juice will go, UP. :) I just have OCD about everything lining up.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
It really does not matter, I just like things to line up, but the juice will flow up even if the holes are 180 degrees out, there is only one way the juice will go, UP. :) I just have OCD about everything lining up.
Ok awesome I'm ocd to lol

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
FYI
I am using these bottles in the Wraith and they are working fine for me.
$2.82 E-liquid Refiller Bottle for Electronic Cigarette (10-Pack / 10mL) 10-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I just hope the tube and top never break as I have not seen replacements for them.

Thank you for finding those. I picked up these for replacement bottles. I have not tried them yet.

Just an FYI, if anyone has a CopperVape, the bottles look the same, but there is just enough of a difference that the juice leaks down the side of the bottle and not out the squonk hole.

For RDA, I settled on an Origen Little 16mm. On day 2 with this setup and still loving it.

31314621295_01f79323d8_z.jpg

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Thank you for finding those. I picked up these for replacement bottles. I have not tried them yet.
It's luck really :rolleyes: I had gotten these back in 2013 (had to search back on FT to find the link of the ones I got), had a test mix in one, and decided to see if it would work in the Wraith, and it did. Have been using it 2 evenings (which is when I use the Wraith), and no leaking so far. :thumb: I hope they are still the same ones as I did get them 3 years ago :facepalm: I'm going to order them again on my next FT order, but I have 1 in transit, and another waiting to ship, so it may be closer to the end of the month before my next order. :w00t:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just an FYI, if anyone has a CopperVape, the bottles look the same, but there is just enough of a difference that the juice leaks down the side of the bottle and not out the squonk hole.
May be that you just got a bad bottle.I use my 10ml bottles that i use for my diy juice,in both my Wraith and my Coppervapes,and have never had any leaking issues using the same bottles in both mods.10ml bottles from any diy supply will work in both of those mods.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
May be that you just got a bad bottle.I use my 10ml bottles that i use for my diy juice,in both my Wraith and my Coppervapes,and have never had any leaking issues using the same bottles in both mods.10ml bottles from any diy supply will work in both of those mods.

That could be. You never know with Fasttech

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That could be. You never know with Fasttech
Or any other supplier for that matter haha.I have around 100 bottles i've picked up over the last couple years,and have had a few that the top was off just enough that either the little nipple tip or the screw on cap wouldn't fit,and those were bought from U.S. sellers,although i'm sure they were most likely made in China.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
how's everyone's paint holding up? anyone have a black one from FT? curious if they're selling the newer ones with the "hardened" paint job....

So Far mine is holding up very well. I ordered mine back in July and since I got the Origin Little 16 a couple of months ago, it has been the daily driver.

I have some paint chipping around the squonk hole, on the front bottom at the battery door, and all the paint is gone under the addy. I also have a chip by the screen. The Sticker has not pealed on mine.

I have had no issues with the connections or the board on this either. Rock solid as far as I'm concerned.

I do have a VT Inbox in the mail and depending on how I like that mod, this one may end up as a secondary in the rotation.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
So Far mine is holding up very well. I ordered mine back in July and since I got the Origin Little 16 a couple of months ago, it has been the daily driver.

I have some paint chipping around the squonk hole, on the front bottom at the battery door, and all the paint is gone under the addy. I also have a chip by the screen. The Sticker has not pealed on mine.

I have had no issues with the connections or the board on this either. Rock solid as far as I'm concerned.

I do have a VT Inbox in the mail and depending on how I like that mod, this one may end up as a secondary in the rotation.
that's encouraging, thanks.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
how's everyone's paint holding up? anyone have a black one from FT? curious if they're selling the newer ones with the "hardened" paint job....
Did not get a black one from FT, but my black one is doing well (several months now and used regularly). I did get a whit one from FT (a couple of months old and also used regularly), and not paint issues. I did place a thin O-ring between the Mod and RBA.

Reactions: nelsonm64

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have both,and the Inbox is by far a better mod in my opinion.I like my Wraith,but the battery life has been horrible in mine since i got it.I've been lucky to get maybe 4 hours before my battery was dead,with the inbox,i get almost an entire day with the same wattage,coils,etc.The only issue i have had with the Inbox,is the magnets seem a bit week on the door,so a few times it has popped off while i was squeezing the bottle if my finger hit the side of the hole.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I have both,and the Inbox is by far a better mod in my opinion.I like my Wraith,but the battery life has been horrible in mine since i got it.I've been lucky to get maybe 4 hours before my battery was dead,with the inbox,i get almost an entire day with the same wattage,coils,etc.The only issue i have had with the Inbox,is the magnets seem a bit week on the door,so a few times it has popped off while i was squeezing the bottle if my finger hit the side of the hole.

Good to hear that the battery life is better! That was the big reason I wanted to get something with a DNA Board in it. I have looked at a lot of high end stuff with the same board, but this was both the most affordable and would get to me the quickest even though it is coming on the Slow Boat.

I did hear about the door from Todd in his review, but I figured I could live with it. How is the included RDA? I ordered an OL16 for mine but I am curious as to how the included one preforms.

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread