Looks like the eRoll is being killed off, what are you planning to switch to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Alchemist Z5 looks intriguing and is new so might perform well.

Anyone heard of Emilie?

Emilie has been available for a while but doesn't seem to have caught on. Seen a glowing video review by a UK vendor who was enthusing about it being a 'game changer' ... but strangely enough isn't trading anymore. Another positive review was from a site that mostly seems to review herbal vaporizers. The only honest sounding review I found from the ecig community came from someone who won an Emilie in a competition and said that the vapour and flavour was lacking: 3Avape eMili PCC Kit Review | Thailand Vapers

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Interested to read your review on the z-5. Did anyone see any replacement parts for it? At least the atomizers. The kit is cheap enough to just order another kit if needed. I am curious to know how it performs compared to the eroll
$2.07 Alchemy Z5 Replacement Coil Head - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And one of the pics shows that milescadre is right, that the threading is 808. I might want to just buy the top and see how it works on an 808.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Really hope this z-5 thing pans out to ok. Just ordered the last of the eroll-c (black) batteries from rocky mountain vapor..they only had 3 left..totally wicked was out of stock, joyetech USA still is out of stock. I wonder if they are keeping the original eroll around? Has any one tried volt? I see they have blank cartridges and seem to get decent reviews. I'm just trying to think of something else that is small, had a PCC and is cheap to use

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Are you sure they didn't mean the "Emini" and not the "emilie"?

Emini is the original eroll made by Ovale. It's exactly the same as the Joyetech one.

Actually it's spelt EMILI and made by Elego. I guess it's a beefed-up clone type of the Ovale Emini that you mention (albeit button operated), and still seems available on Alibaba.

HTB1Pb4PFVXXXXX4aXXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg

Here's a YouTube review from last year (I had to use the subtitle/CC function):

The reviewer seems pleasantly surprised by performance although his drags are between 6-10 seconds long, and it looks like he is having to work at it.

And when I searched to see if the Ovale Emini was still available anywhere (seems not) I found this upgrade:

220_large_original-ovale-emini-duo-eroll-c-slim-electronic-cigarette-svapo-ezig-3.png

However the kit costs GBP 70.00 which is more expensive than some high-end e-cigs!

http://uk.ovaleeurope.com/e-mini-duo.html

No reviews out yet that I can find.

Reactions: Racehorse

Andy Morris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
West Yorkshire UK
It does look like Ovale and Joyetech do a lot of re-branding between them.

http://uk.ovaleeurope.com/products/spare-parts/emini.html looks very familiar

Is the Ovale e-mini-duo button operated or automatic? If its automatic, it could cover the same functionality as the eroll with the mega PCC - A days charge and more than one charging at a time. Could this be the new eroll?

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I emailed ovale USA. They said they are currently over stocked on eroll-c kits but will be ordering the duo once that stock has depleted. So it does look like this is the updated eroll..but us in the USA will just have to wait. Would cost way to much to order from over seas. I do wonder if the atomizers are the same etc..I could see myself ordering it overseas anyway lol.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I asked Joyetech UK (where I'm based) if there are any plans to discontinue the eRoll-C in order to launch their version of the Emini Duo and here is what they said:

At the present moment, we do not have any plans to replace the eRoll-C with an upgrade at all. We are not owned by Joyetech in China and are operated by a company called UK Vapour Brands Ltd so we are not sure if Joyetech themselves are planning a sequel as of yet.

Kind Regards

Customer Service

As uncertain as this may sound, and unless there are legalities or other factors involved, it would be uncharacteristic of Joyetech China not to release an update for the eRoll-C since Ovale have already released one for the Emini in the form of Emini Duo.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
It looks like it is a different atomizer and different set up all together. Found it from a greece website. Here is the link. http://www.ovale.gr/product/220/emini-duo-kit-black?id=220&lang=en
So it's bigger than an eroll/emini:
Ecigarette Length x Width: 100mm x 9.2mm
PCC Length x Width x Depth : 105mm x 65mm x 12.5mm
But not much more capacity for batteries and tank, although more PCC battery capacity (and space for 2nd ecig):
Capacity: 105mAh
PCC Capacity: 2000mAh
Voltage: 3.7V
Resistance: 2.2Ω
Tank Volume: 0.6ml
Type: Automatic (no buttons)
And expensive:
This kit contains one complete e-cigarette.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
just a quick update, I cant do a full blown review on the z5 because I just had my wisdom teeth yanked out. However, the limited chance I got to try it was surprisingly plesant. I'd put the performance very close to a mini pro tank 2. Even on a 80/20 vg/pg juice, it wicks very well and tastes amazing. I'd say the batteyr is the size of a 510 battery (like a Fin cig, or Blu tank), PCC charges the battery pretty quickly, PCC takes a bit to charge tho. cant say the life of the 100 mah cell, but it seems solid so far.

Reactions: Oldskool

Oldskool

Oct 3, 2015
Quick heads up. Tecc have 4 left in the the yoyo at £11.55 I just got 2 and a load of eroll carts.

Not an advert - I am an old time forum user, just can't remember my username.

I've also bought an alchemy z5 and some atomizers for it from fastech and I am really looking forward to a comparison. It was whilst browsing fastech and reading a review about another mini ecig with pcc I found out about teccs sale.

I really want to get an ovale mini duo, but at £70 for a single ecig they must be having a laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread