Loose battery on Kangertech Subox Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
i had to go out in the garage and get my super small flat head screw driver and a small hammer to unwedge it, the pin is kind of at an angle when the spring is fully extended. thank you !

Your welcome. Glad it got things working. I think the pins in the kbox mini are twisting slightly when theyre dropped with batterys in them.

Also check your battery looks ok, no dents or scratches to the wrapper.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I have the exact same problem right now with my kangertech subbox mini. What is this wiggle trick what do you wiggle? Helpppppp please

Hello @cmck8712. Welcome to the forum.

Its the negative pin at the top of the kbox mini, try and grab it with your fingernails and give it a wiggle.

Also try putting your thumb flat on the stuck pin and try turning clockwise or anti-clockwise a little to see if it'll unjam it.

Last edited:

cmck8712

Oct 6, 2015
Hello @cmck8712. Welcome to the forum.

Its the negative pin at the top of the kbox mini, try and grab it with your fingernails and give it a wiggle.

Also try putting your thumb flat on the stuck pin and try turning clockwise or anti-clockwise a little to see if it'll unjam it.
@opticruby. Thank you so much for your prompt response.
The pin was so flush with the housing and jammed that I ended up taking out two little screws under the battery and taking the vape apart completely and resetting the spring pin. Now my kangertech is working better than ever! Thanks again for the help. No need to despair anyone who sees this it is quite fixable and a common problem.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
@opticruby. Thank you so much for your prompt response.
The pin was so flush with the housing and jammed that I ended up taking out two little screws under the battery and taking the vape apart completely and resetting the spring pin. Now my kangertech is working better than ever! Thanks again for the help. No need to despair anyone who sees this it is quite fixable and a common problem.

Your welcome. I'm glad you got it working. Your right it is common and very fixable.

NickSchuster

Oct 16, 2015
The wiggle worked!!! yeay! massive thanka to everyone! all is right in my world again. lol
Hey, I'm also quite new to vaping and I have the exact same problem with my subox mini. It fell off a table and one of the metal things seems to be pushed in and jammed. Could you maybe specify where and what to "wiggle". Thanks :)

Treborsmug

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2014
Dallas Texas
Since we're here on fix issues on the Kanger Box. Some people have gotten the E1 error code. I did. Here's the fix.
Here's the trick. Install the battery in the BoxMod. Leave the cover off. Turn sideways. Using your thumbs, hold down all three buttons at one time at the same time slide the battery toward the negative (breaking connection) then release (reconnecting). This will reset the processor and reestablish function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread