Loose battery on Kangertech Subox Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick fix for those who find this thread. Right above the negative spring, is the two magnets for the battery door. If you stick a skinny knife in between the magnets and top part of the battery compartment, the spring will pop out.

You're welcome.
You're a genius! I'm making you an honorary Dr of Vapology!

Thanks!

Reactions: ts1152

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
haha WOW! there sure-is a LOT of people whom hadn't said anything prior to this thread, popping-in to say that they have or HAD this same exact issue. I've never had the issue so bad that my battery wouldn't connect, but as I type this, my top connection IS jammed on 1 side, that-is, i cannot get it to fall... It seems to be jammed on the right side, but all of my batteries do make connection. should it ever get jammed where I cannot get it to fall, I will certainly try the wiggle or the knife tricks. it's a great mod, and I can understand a small issue like this popping up. the spring IS of high quality, and it's a better design than the old fashioned springs... but the fact that this post is jamming is NOT good. if u have the time, contact a to let them know this is happening, so that they can perhaps change the inner design so this wont happen to new customers! I'm going to as-well!

ENJOY your vape journeys!

Reactions: Stephen1520

Dr.No.

Jul 18, 2013
in front of a PC
Last edited:

BrooklynKev

May 2, 2016
I too had this issue after mine fell around one foot or so from my bed. The spring loader did end up clicking into place, but over the past month or so it stopped working. My solution may seem a bit unorthodox, but it works! What I did was I placed a dime directly in between the battery and the connector on the negative side of the battery (it fits in there perfectly!)

The unit works perfectly and the dime doesn't cause any overheating or other issues, actually the battery doesn't get nearly as warm during charging as it used to!

If all else fails and another drop completely disables the spring loaded connector, the dime trick will get you up and running again!

FallenSilence83

Jul 27, 2016
Quick fix for those who find this thread. Right above the negative spring, is the two magnets for the battery door. If you stick a skinny knife in between the magnets and top part of the battery compartment, the spring will pop out.

You're welcome.

Confirmed. Would not have thought of doing that on my own. Thanks so much!

Jewellz

Nov 27, 2016
This thread just saved me!!! I too dropped mine from the side of bed...it fell a foot maybe.... Then didnt work..battery was loose. After scouring the floor looking for something that may have fell out.... I googled.. And sure enough my top connector was flush.. I had to stick a thin thin metal into the gap and POP the connector popped out! Its actually supposed to be out the full space to fill the gap so the battery is tight.. GREAT THREAD. THANK YOU!! Back to vaping! Was MADDDD I just got this thing 2 days ago!!! First time vaper. Awesome.. Happy happy girl here

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
This thread just saved me!!! I too dropped mine from the side of bed...it fell a foot maybe.... Then didnt work..battery was loose. After scouring the floor looking for something that may have fell out.... I googled.. And sure enough my top connector was flush.. I had to stick a thin thin metal into the gap and POP the connector popped out! Its actually supposed to be out the full space to fill the gap so the battery is tight.. GREAT THREAD. THANK YOU!! Back to vaping! Was MADDDD I just got this thing 2 days ago!!! First time vaper. Awesome.. Happy happy girl here

Glad it worked out for you. I think this thread has saved a few kbox mini's negative pins.

Also a very big welcome to the ECF forum. Glad to have you here and vaping with us!!!

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013

Hi @Jewellz and welcome to ECF. Glad you found the answer to your problem here. I hope you continue to participate in the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread