Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
You just need to hang in their, you are still very much addicted to analogs, maybe it's time for some new gear and new juice. It makes me smile when people complain about losing flavour in their vapes, so they go back to smoking, yummy, that tastes better ;)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I switch flavors two or three times a day. I have one-- cinnamon-- I hit only in the car. I usually do peppermint at the house in a tank, plus I keep a dripper rigged for clove, and I'm trying to work out an apple and a strawberry-banana and a grape. Trying a dripper sounds useful. Get plenty of fluids. And don't give up!

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfluegel

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
I switch flavors two or three times a day. I have one-- cinnamon-- I hit only in the car. I usually do peppermint at the house in a tank, plus I keep a dripper rigged for clove, and I'm trying to work out both an apple and a strawberry-banana and a grape. Trying a dripper sounds useful. Het plenty of fluids. And don't give up!

This is off topic and for that I apologize... Do you just use the clove flavor alone or mix it with something?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
This is off topic and for that I apologize... Do you just use the clove flavor alone or mix it with something?
No, I mix it with sweetener. I was doing 18% clove, 8% sweet, 6mg nic, which works great in a 60/40 or 50/50 PG/VG mix for +ohm and is clove-y enough to numb your lips, but I find it too powerful for subohm. I'm still mixing it out to find what I want, and right now am vaping 14%clove, 3%sweet and 3mg nic. That gets me to 20/80. Next time I buy nic, I'll get 100% VG base. That will give me more room to maneuver.

EDIT: flavors from Flavor Apprentice.

Reactions: Denvap0r

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
You might want to check with your doctor to see if you might be having sinus problems.

Most of what we taste comes through our sense of smell. If there is a sinus issue, the taste in vaping seems to be the first to go. Ever have a bad cold and nothing tastes right? Same thing here but more subtle and greatly affects the taste in vaping.

A couple of things I do, besides keeping well hydrated, I mix a very strong menthol to help open my sinuses when they seem clogged. Also I have a couple of tobacco juices that when exhaled nasally seem to burn out my nasal passages to help.

Reactions: Puff2K

Bezo

Feb 9, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
It can, sub ohms from my experience work better with pure vg, the pg becomes much to harsh for me.

From what your saying though, I would say it could be any of these 3.
-low quality juice
-possibly the cotton wicks, ( maybe try silica? )
- or vapers tongue.

or possibly a mix of all 3.

one last question though... are you still smoking while vaping?

I stopped smoking 3 days ago. Only vapor now. Do you think I should try higher vg like 80 to 100?

Last edited:

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
So crazy thing. I filled the same juice I have last couple of days, ate a banana then all the sudden I could taste the raspberry in my juice...water and brushing didn't do much but a banana did it? Coincidence? Lol
Things like that have happened to me too, after eating something I can suddenly taste again. Lol who knows how this works. :)

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Vaper's tongue, try eating a cinnamon red hot or using a menthol juice to kick it...or swish Listerine mouthwash... Or even putting echinacea oil on your tongue can help.. Or if all those sound too intense, vaping a citrusy sour juice can help too. It will pass w time I promise.
Fwiw, once I was well past the vaper tongue phase, I also had this problem on my drippers for weeks, til I figured out I had hot legs on my coil and the overheated Kanthal was drowning out the taste of my juices. I moved em closer to the posts and voila. Instant heaven. Loll

Bezo

Feb 9, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
Vaper's tongue, try eating a cinnamon red hot or using a menthol juice to kick it...or swish Listerine mouthwash... Or even putting echinacea oil on your tongue can help.. Or if all those sound too intense, vaping a citrusy sour juice can help too. It will pass w time I promise.
Fwiw, once I was well past the vaper tongue phase, I also had this problem on my drippers for weeks, til I figured out I had hot legs on my coil and the overheated Kanthal was drowning out the taste of my juices. I moved em closer to the posts and voila. Instant heaven. Loll
Just ordered a watermelon menthol juice but ill try the mouth wash thing too thanks.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yes, the dreaded vapors tongue. That's why I always tell new vapors to find 2 or 3 juices they like and switch often. Since you stated that both your juices are fruit flavors, I believe that may be a little part of your problem. Try putting some creamy desserts in your rotation and see if that helps, also like everyone said plenty of water should help too.

JamesTFlowers

Jul 25, 2011
Texas
Since my Vape brothers and sisters gave you all the good answers here is my not so good answer (but it sometimes works). Kinda like eating that bit of ginger between bites of sushi, you can fill a cup up with fresh coffee grounds and smell it between flavor switches (clearing the smell pallet if you will). I have seen this done a lot when people are trying different juices. Granted, this is not as good a suggestion as the others have made, but I wanted to include it just for completeness sake.

Good luck my friend,
J

So I made it 3 months vapeing only late last year then got soooo frustrated not getting the flavor as when I started That i started smokeing again until 3 days ago when I tried again. Now its happening all over again. Tasted flavor day 1 and 2 but today every juice tastes flavorless! Ive rebuilt dozens of coils and numerous wick techniques. Even got a billow v2 hopeing to change it up. .5 ohms or 1.5ohms, 10watt or 30watt nothing except random dry hits. Looseing my mind here....coils new and fireing perfect. Less cotton or more dosnt seem to matter either. Currently have a .7ohm dual coil on my billow and a twisted .8 single on my original subtank. Im using a 1pv4S.

I dont know if I can suck it up that long or at all again! What can I do??

Are you using Kanthal? if so get some Ni200 wire and use temp control function on the IPV no more dry hits and excellent flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread