LorAnn Flavors- COLOR CODED Complete Ingredients List

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiackid

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Falcon Lake
Is there an "updated list" here...supposedly NONE of Loranns' flavs contain diacetyl https://www.lorannoils.com/c-178-faqs-tips.aspx#diacetyl
I was lookijng @ a recipe page that had they're butter-rum listed & made me wonder - I could have picked one up yesterday.
I ended up w/1 bottle of apple because all the others weren't in the green/safe category.
Thanks

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I downloaded and unzip the file at post 14 fine. However id also like to know if there is an updated list. The only other issue is i am red/green colorblind so reading this existing one is going to be a HUGE challenge.

I do appreciate all the work that went into it tho. Its an excellent guide.

Dan did a really great job of listing the oil-based flavorings in post #51. Here it is again -

No of all the Loran flavorings (81) only 15 are oils, they are as follows:

Almond Oil
Anise Oil
Cinnamon Oil
Clove Oil
Ginger Oil
Grapefruit Oil
Lemon Oil
Lime Oil
Nutmeg Oil
Orange Oil
Pepermint Oil
Spearmint Oil
Tangerine Oil
Wintergreen Oil (Artificial)
Wintergreen Oil (Natural)

If you ordered any of these then you ordered oil based flavorings. If not then you are good. Don't sweat the small stuff, life will go on.
Hope this helps,
Dan

I'm going to add one to Dan's list. Although Key Lime is soluble (at least in VG) it trashed a 1cc syringe when I measured it - the plunger seized in the the syringe barrel. Thought maybe it was a fluke and trashed another syringe testing my theory :)

Really tasty stuff, but a syringe isn't the way to measure it.

I live about two miles from the Lorann factory and they're really nice folks over there. No sales tax since it's a food product and I don't have to pay shipping - and if they don't have what I want in their small retail display they're happy to pull it from the back for me. They did ask me once what I did with the flavoring and I got to blow a big cloud of vapor in their office :D

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I can't count the number of times I've referenced this thread. The flavors with coloring are so dangerous and sometimes you just can't find enough info online to make an informed decision. But you also don't want to overlook any flavors either. A great list!

--Prof Daffy

Hey ProfessorDaffy,

Would you be kind enough to explain what is meant specifically when you say "so dangerous", please? I'm wondering if that means more dangerous than tobacco. If so, or even if not, what are the dangers with these colourings exactly?

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Read through the whole thread - great info!

Still not 100% sure about the oil thing. Some are not really oils, some people have used the 'known' oils (peppermint, other thread) and some say that only vegetable oil in particular is bad. But the most confusing for me is from Lorann's web site itself which states that for their super strength flavors:

A Little Goes a Long Way with LorAnn's Super Strength Flavors! Our super strength flavors, also known as candy oils or candy flavors, are not oil-based and contain no vegetable oil. The term "candy oil" refers to a type of flavor that is concentrated and undiluted. These flavors are 3 to 4 times stronger than grocery store extracts.
LorAnn's super strength flavors:
No Artificial Sweeteners
Sugar Free (except Canadian Maple & Maple)
Gluten Free
Contain No Vegetable Oils
Certified Kosher by Star-K (Except Canadian Maple and Horchata)

I'm interested in trying the clove flavor - does anybody have any updated info for super strength line?

EDIT: Also, my search also came up with several posts on how to 'blend' oils with alcohol - so confused :(

Last edited:

chrisvapo

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2013
ohio
new to diy so bear with me....i vaped alot of redbull from dekang when i first started and the juice was blood red so there had to be coloring right? i had no negative impact from redbull ie on my attys or lungs......but that doesnt mean they are harmless just because i didnt feel anything right away...idk..... one question about oil such as lemon or peppermint from lorann...u guys all say dilut w alcohol but there are no % do i add equal parts alcohol and oil or less or more/

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i dont understand why we have to make these lists and follow special rules. please forgive my ignorance. wouldnt you think that a company that makes flavorings would have a disclaimer on the website (or at the very least, on the bottle), that would say "do not inhale" if its not good to inhale?
i know that the vendors designed the flavorings for food, but they know we're vaping them. perhaps they are pretending not to know we're vaping them? i just dont understand how a vendor can sell something without a warning if a warning is warranted. please help.

Also, is it just lorann that uses oil, or do other flavoring vendors use oils too? i happen to really enjoy citrus vapes. do all citrus flavorings contain oil? i really like FW's Ecto Cooler. i really hope its not bad for me. i started vaping like everyone else, to get more healthy, not less. :(

looks like i may have found an answer! :) i found this on the FW website for ecto:
"Details
Ecto Cooler Type Water Soluble Flavoring. Ingredients: Natural and/or Artificial Flavoring, Propylene Glycol and Alcohol. USP Kosher Grade Flavoring. Usage Rate .25 to .50 All Flavoring Diacetyl Free! No Refunds on Flavoring."
woohoo! im overjoyed. although, the flavoring is orange in color and also separates to form a thin, dark orange layer on top. however, when mixed, the liquid does not separate. but i do shake it religously anyway.
im glad i found this thread, now i can be more knowledgable in my flavoring choices in the future.

Last edited:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
There are a bunch of issues here.

- Even if a flavour says it is an 'oil', that description is meaningless, because it is also an industry term used for some types of flavouring that aren't oils in any way.

- Aromatherapy uses oils, and they have been inhaling them for a hundred years or more. As far as I am aware it is not considered a bad idea.

- Pure peppermint oil probably is indeed an oil. It works fine in LR atties and doesn't gunk them up; it works fine in SR atties @ 5 volts and doesn't gunk them up. YMMV of course. My atties last for months; if I don't get 3 months from an atty I figure I've been robbed. One atty, one flavour though; and rotating 3 or 4 flavours throughout the day means the atties don't get caned hard as well. If you want to use flavours that are widely different, in the same atty, one after the other - then you might be going about it the wrong way. In that case, it won't work.

- How you dilute something like peppermint 'oil' is up to you. PG might do it, but I use plain vodka - drop for drop: 1 drop peppermint, 1 drop vodka. That is the flavour mix which is then added to the liquid. It works just fine in 'oily' VG :)

- Don't inhale paraffin or mineral oils, they really are bad news (leads to lipoid pneumonia or 'paraffin lung', the fire-eater's occupational disease). Also said to be possible from ghee, the Indian purified butter (some babies there get paraffin lung due to being force-fed on ghee apparently). There are oils, and oils...

- The amount of 'oil' flavourings we inhale in e-liquid just won't do any harm. My opinion anyway, decide for yourself. I have super-sensitive lungs and can vape a tobacco + peppermint 'oil' in VG till the cows come home. I can't touch vanilla, cinnamon, or lava stuff.

- Only the individual counts. Just try it out and see for yourself. There is a factor 10 difference in taste, effects of anything, nicotine tolerance, and everything else most likely.

- If you want to play safe, then just use Flavour Art products from their vaping range. They have clinical researchers working on their products, testing them, and publishing the results. Maybe other manufacturers do this but I haven't seen the data. FA support vaping fully. This wasn't always the case, and they did make some mistakes in the past. The past is the past. They moved forward, perhaps others did not. At least FA put money back into vaping, which is something to consider.

- Any flavour that is a very dark colour, like coffee for baking, has colourings in to tint the cake. This is probably not a great idea to vape. A coffee for vaping is clear or nearly so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread