Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
An example of flavors that are insoluble in water, are those that contain oils. Oils are unhealthy to inhale.
LorAnn oils belong in the kitchen, not in our DIY e-liquids.
sure, but just 'cause oils are water insoluble doesn't mean everything that's water insoluble is an oil

And, for that matter, just cause something is called an "oil" doesn't mean it is a lipid or mineral oil, e.g. many essential oils and esters are quite volatile.

What is wrong with something that is alcohol or VG soluble? I mean, I know that say the active ingredient in one of my favorite herbs isn't water soluble but is fine to inhale.

Last edited:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
sure, but just 'cause oil are water insoluble doesn't mean everything that's water insoluble is an oil

And, for that matter, just cause something is called an "oil" doesn't mean it is a lipid or mineral oil, e.g. many essential oils and esters are quite volatile.

What is wrong with something that is alcohol or VG soluble? I mean, I know that say the active ingredient in one of my favorite herbs isn't water soluble but is fine to inhale.
e.g. peppermint oil (menthol, menthone, 1,8-cineole, methyl acetate, methofuran, isomenthone, limonene, b-pinene, a-pinene, germacrene-d, trans-sabinene hydrate and pulegone) can be vaporized without any concern, but is water insoluble.

I've vaped essential oil of bergamont just fine... the grade I have is so volatile it evaporates in seconds from my skin. I use it with homemade black tea extract for... Early Grey, of course. Have had the same in my shisha (hookah) for years and years

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I think you'll find that since mineral and vegetable oil inhalation might cause a lung issue that folks tend to think it means all oils and don't differentiate even though mint oils, except for wintergreen, have never been known to cause much of an issue.

There is also a solvent that is often found in berry flavorings that plays nice with just about everything except polycarbonate plastic, so since flavoring with this in it doesn't dissolve well in water and folks seem to extrapolate that what is bad for polycarb must be bad for everything else.

So from non-logical extrapolation and lumping all oils into one category, you have the notion that water soluble is the only way to go.

There is even a forum manager on here that vaped nothing but mint oil based juice for 9 months straight and said so on here that did not change the minds of oil=bad folks, so I'm pretty sure the notion is here to stay regardless of facts.

Traxex

Moved On
Apr 17, 2014
Shenzhen, China
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I am glad that you posted this. Even though I am not as concerned as others about the ingredients - it is good to know what flavors contain ingredients that are insaluble or is hard to breakdown.

BE concerned. Just as a prime offender, diacetyl will cause permanent lung impairment, on the level of emphysema but with a popcorn smell, with long-term exposure in the single-digit ppm.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Just cause vaping is less than a decade old doesn't mean people won't get permanently impaired by being ignorant.

This "Whatever, it's still way better for you than smoking" attitude is TBPH asinine, cause I smoked cigs for 15 years and had nothing bad really happen to me. I don't want to know what happens if you vape conventional custard flavors for that long or longer.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
TBH I'm getting a pretty creamy vape rt now from a nice cigar NET with a little Vanillin on top. Obviously not the most healthy choice either, I suppose. But I just really dig it in a 0.6ohm twisted kayfun build on a 350-sized mech. I feel like I'm actually smoking a nice blunt cigar that I can inhale.

Once I get my new supplies Ima really get to it.

What was my point again?
:D

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
i picked up the caramel and butterscotch and English toffee today just at a local place on impulse waiting for good supplies for inawera to come online but the caramel color in the butterscotch and carmel has me sad.. :( idk if its worth risking using them now from whats been read i have seen kind of mixed feelings. anyone that can help confirm? i have been sifting through threads so i just thought id post

thanks guys, as said before great thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread