Loranns at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I have two Walmarts. One discontinued it. One had a display on an end cap that had like 40 different flavors. Double pack for $2.00. Almost half the price of what Hobby Lobby is selling it for. A great way to try them. But you left out the most important part...

They're in the craft sections where you find wedding cake decorating stuff.

Have we not learned yet that you must look where the band-aids are to find the glycerin?

Speaking of Lorann I was on their website like 30 seconds before I saw this post. I want to try some new flavors. Any take on these...

Amaretto
Blackberry
Brandy
Bubble Gum
Caramel
Cinnamon Roll
Clove Oil
Cotton Candy
Honey
Keoke Coffee
Mint Chocolate Chip
Pineapple
Raspberry
Sassafras
Tangerine
Tropical Punch

I can give you a few hints on my experiences....

Anise Oil - tastes like Good & Plenty Candy. My favorite flavor...period.
Spearmint - Like Wrigleys gum, but a little goes a long way. You can't buy a juice that taste more like Spearmint than this.
Orange - Again, a VERY little goes a long way. Add it to your grape or cherry (one drop at a time and taste, it's that strong) and it give it an acidic quality that makes it taste more like a soda.
Cherry - Could be a little more "wild cherry" for my taste. I wanted something bolder. It's in the middle for me, but great to have in the mix.
Creme de Menthe - Heaven. A very light mint flavor that's not overpowering like menthol e-liquid. Subtle but works
Root Beer - Accurate, but not very strong. Add to much and you've got an atomizer killer. Also, heavily colored. Will turn juice black. I avoid it (which is why I was looking at Sassafras).
Butter Rum - like a Lifesaver. A definite winner.
Watermelon - to light of a flavor, but a good one to throw in the mix to give an underlying sweet taste and aroma.
Butterscotch - Didn't work for me. Prefer butter rum.
Grape - Also very dark. Not super strong, but the coloring can be an atty problem if you use too much.

That's all I can think of right now. And, yes, they were all purchased at Wal-Mart.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. 1 part grape, 2 parts cherry, 1 part watermelon. Pass it on.

AnnaCoop

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Northeastern Oklahoma
I have two Walmarts. One discontinued it. One had a display on an end cap that had like 40 different flavors. Double pack for $2.00. Almost half the price of what Hobby Lobby is selling it for. A great way to try them. But you left out the most important part...

They're in the craft sections where you find wedding cake decorating stuff.

I made sure to tell everyone that that's where they were in my first post. :)

Anna

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I made sure to tell everyone that that's where they were in my first post. :)

Anna

Sorry, noticed that after the fact. You know how it is, by the time you reach the third posting you've already forgotten the first one! We cartoon ducks only have a 6 minute attention span.

The little black duck begs your forgiveness. :oops:

--Prof Daffy

D

darth väper

The Wal-Marts here in Minnesota dont carry any Loranns-nor can they be found at Michaels, or Jo-Ann fabrics...They only have Wiltons (which is quite weak-and flavors are very limited) I did however find a couple candy/bakery supply stores that carry a pretty good selection of Lorann flavors...I have also seen them on eBay reasonably priced as well.

ExDee

Moved On
Oct 13, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis
  • Reason: Underage Poster

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Question. 1 Drop of the oil for every how much of pg/vg of liquid?

It depends on the liquid. Some are stronger than others. I tend to find the flavors that smell real strong in the bottle vape real strong. You always want to start with a small sample. Never make 30 ml of anything you're not 100% sure of. Start with 2-3 ml.

If it's an oil you probably don't want to use it. Only water soluble.
If it's got dyes there's a good chance it's going to clog your atomizer, especially if you use too much.

A good way to start is one drop per ml of final product. See if it's strong enough. Then increase. Might want to keep a little log or journal. You know, so you can reproduce your results.

I'd use say 2ml of 18mg juice. 6 drops of Lorann (depends on the flavor). And then fill to the 3ml mark with PG/VG. That way my end result is 3ml and the strength is 2/3 of 18mg or 12ml (my strength).

I once used too much Root Beer (which had a dye) and clogged an atomizer so bad I couldn't use it. The solution was to soak the atomizer over night in water. Dissolved all the juice and when it dried out it was as good as new again. So, don't be too afraid. But do have a spare atomizer on hand just in case. :)

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Do see the previous entry about color coding. It will tell you what has dyes and what is an oil.

ExDee

Moved On
Oct 13, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
THXTHX! but What do you mean by "2ml of 18mg juice" what is that?I'm very noob sorry. Just joined this week. Can you tell me all the ingredients in a liquid?

When you get juice it's in a strength. 18mg is considered high (like a regular cigarette). I vape 12 mg or medium (like a light cigarette). What you will actually settle on is up to you, but it's a good place to start. You don't have to cut it down in string, you can vape it as it, but it's a good economical way to stretch your juice and cut down the cost even more.

E-Liquid is usually Propylene Glycol (what they use in a fog machine), nicotine, and flavor. But it depends on who you get it and don't be afraid to ask. That's a very basic answer, but a good way to envision it. You'll find propylene glycol (or PG) in toothpaste and mouthwash. It's also used in most Lorann oils.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Sorry for the simplistic answer, it's 11:52 here an way past my bedtime.

ExDee

Moved On
Oct 13, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
All Walmarts are not created equal. I went to the local Walmart just outside of Charleston SC and couldn’t find LorAnns flavorings anywhere in the store. All they had was McCormick’s and those were all extracts. (Do extracts work as flavorings?) Anyway, I couldn’t find VG at this Walmart either.

bigfatguy

Aug 19, 2009
columbus, ohio
Yesterday I went to two Walmarts and two Michaels arts and craft stores in Columbus, Ohio--none of them had any Lorann flavourings. Checked at a Meijers across the street from one of the Walmarts - they had a four pack of fruit flavours (cherry, strawberry, grape, and watermelon) and two packs of orange oil. The Michaels did have Wilton flavours...but only a four pack of peppermint, cherry, cinnamon, and creme de menthe...I was very disappointed after hearing from so many the large selections available at their Michaels'...

Meijers also sold VG in the pharmacy--Humco USP 6 FL OZ (177 mL) for only $3.27!

zrb0529

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Hello, I'm an intermediate noob (been vaping about 2 months now) and I am now going to try to make my own ejuice...I have looked around and not found any definite answer so here's my question:

If I want to make nicotineless ejuice, do I just fill my cart with the LorAnn's or do I need to add water/pg/vg to the mixture before doing so?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread