Not open for further replies.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Yep, no offense to Drew, he knows its not just him all those items, doesn't matter which vendor, are garbage, juice leaking disasters.

I don't think the collosal is a product Drew makes - I think that's just a smoktek one, and those do have filler, it's just a clear wall. The second ones are like CE2's - no filler, just wicks hanging in the juice (silica I believe).

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I don't think the collosal is a product Drew makes - I think that's just a SmokTek one, and those do have filler, it's just a clear wall. The second ones are like CE2's - no filler, just wicks hanging in the juice (silica I believe).

True, I just wanted a bit of a disclaimer as not to be attacking any one vendor. Its not the vendors its the manufacturers, if you can call them that.;)

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Nothing to derail a topic like a little hardware discussion, eh?

We're all just considering what products Lorillard might decide to add to their lineup, right? :p

Thats exactly what were doing. Valacek made it clear that Lorillard was monitoring this thread. We'll call this R&D.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Nothing to derail a topic like a little hardware discussion, eh?

We're all just considering what products Lorillard might decide to add to their lineup, right? :p

Couldn't hurt for them to read this. ;) Seriously - the markup on these things is more than most people realize - especially since everything has to be replaced so often. And people are willing to pay more for a quality item that lasts and works well. BT would be making a colossal mistake to ignore the potential profits of the advanced-user market, the high-end market and refill liquid market!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Couldn't hurt for them to read this. ;) Seriously - the markup on these things is more than most people realize - especially since everything has to be replaced so often. And people are willing to pay more for a quality item that lasts and works well. BT would be making a colossal mistake to ignore the potential profits of the advanced-user market, the high-end market and refill liquid market!
I'm sure Lorillard has already considered buying Johson Creek...for several good reasons.
One would be that JC is now marketing the "step-up" for the Blu analog ... Vea (eGo).
JC's name would remain separate from Blu ... Lorillard would have the top name brand PV
as well as the #1 American juice company who also markets the eGo (Vea).

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA

A colossal mistake, indeed. Refill liquid is the key for me and, I dare say, a huge percentage of those who continue with e-cigs after the initial purchase. If the only option was prefilled cartomizers, I'd most likely quit vaping altogether and switch to Swedish Snus full time.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been using genuine Joye 510 standard resistance atomizers for my entire (almost three years) vaping career.
The one that lasted the longest so far was over 7 months of exclusive use, with a weekly dry burn.

I'll never buy anything but a genuine Joye 510 standard atomizer.
Mainly because I have no reason to buy anything else.
:)

And to keep this post on topic...
I'm sure Lorillard would not be happy with atomizers that lasted that long.
;)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm sure Lorillard has already considered buying Johson Creek...for several good reasons.
One would be that JC is now marketing the "step-up" for the Blu analog ... Vea (eGo).
JC's name would remain separate from Blu ... Lorillard would have the top name brand PV
as well as the #1 American juice company who also markets the eGo (Vea).

I think that would require one of those offers you can't refuse. JC doesn't sound interested in selling. They started a successful company doing something they enjoy.
Of course everything has a price and eventually people want to retire.

However I think there is something to JC coming out with Vea and them being tied to Blu which makes Vea the next step for Blu customers. I just don't think it will be a complete buy out even to the extent of Blu but more like a partnership for a while.

Also with all the paranoia about Lorillard buying Blu it wouldn't be a smart thing to make it a similar move. At least not until it's proven to be paranoia with Blu.

Docliv

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
North Las Vegas
Hi All,

Petrodus is correct: the hobby of e-cigs IS more than the habit of smoking.

The following reasons were taken from a survey of cigarette smokers as to why they choose to light up:

1. Social – part of a person’s smoking habit is social in nature. Maybe co-workers smoke and they want to fit in. Perhaps a parent smoked and so they decided it was acceptable. This “socialization” plays both ways – some learned behaviors are good, while others not so good.

2. Oral Fixation (need for sucking and/or chewing) – Every person has this need and it’s absolutely necessary as an infant. To some extent, this need continues into adulthood. Smoking satisfies this need.

3. Habit – If something is done frequently enough, it will eventually become a regular habit. This automatic pattern of behavior is true in certain situations. Perhaps you smoke after eating or upon finishing a task, making you feel comfortable and satisfied.

4. Self-medication – Nicotine also has a tranquilizing effect upon nervous feelings. It also has an anti-depressive effect, helping people stay awake in the short term. Smoking to relieve stress is a common reason for smoking.

5. Pleasure – Smoking does bring pleasure to many who partake in the habit because of how it attaches to nerve receptors and causes the release of dopamine in the brain, which in turn causes the smoker to feel pleasure.

6. Genetic – If you’ve had a long line of relatives and ancestors who smoked, you may be genetically pre-disposed to nicotine addiction. Like alcoholism and other diseases, some are more susceptible to this addiction because of familial traits.

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
Regardless of what juice goes into their cartos I refuse to purchase any BLU products until they improve them significantly and reduce the cost, which obviously will require a huge, huge market. Which would in-turn (if they are smart, which they are.) result in super high-quality standards. And I thought JC juice tasted bad? I guess taste is subjective to an extent though...And also I do not like being forced to buy VG. Anyhoo, for now I can and do get better products locally for 1/4 of the price. :)

Last edited:

Twisted

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
I know this is an old thread but I just talked with a Lorillard rep at my local gas station as she was hanging up Blu ads on the bottom of the light post, just like the cig ads. Didn't know about the purchase so came here to see wth.. after 3.5 years of vaping I did not think I'd see the day tobacco company's purchasing ecig stock. She said the other big tobacco company's are scrambling to jump on the band wagon.
Hope they don't foul things up for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread