Lost the long post I had typed. Will try again. I'm almost afraid to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
OH yeah, almost forgot...

I also will recommend at least trying the Boge LR cartos. "Boge" is the brand, "LR" stands for "low resistance" and that means that you will get a warmer and stronger vape, "carto" stands for "cartomizer", that's a cartridge with an atomizer built right in. (your eGo comes in three parts: battery, atomizer, cartridge... cartos replace both the atomizer and the cartridge).

Here's a company that has pretty good prices, cheaper shipping (but fast), and good descriptions for their products:
Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - Boge Cartomizers

As long as you buy stuff that says either "eGo" or "510" you'll have parts that are compatible with each other.

Again, Good luck! And just ask if you have a question. :)

Last edited:

sam.8

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hi and welcome. I think most of the posts have covered everything :) I'm a happy ego user and have been for two months now. I also recently got an ego kit for my dad and he's transitioning well. I would echo what many have said here and say getting normal cartomizers and some LR cartomizers is a good idea. Also a 510 drip tip. That way you essentially have three ways to use your device. Nice to have variety :)

Great group of people, I'm sure you will be a happy ego user in time as well. Good luck!!

meems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2010
Ohio
You will love your new toy! I wish I had saved the money on my reg 510 sticks...I was up to an eGo within weeks, the battery time is the selling point! I also have a couple of box mods & honestly, I pick up my eGo's the most..so you will be happy with your new purchase! I also agree with boge cartomizers, just make sure it is filled well, if you start to draw & it's salty or burnt, stop immediately & fill some more! Once you burn the filler, it's ick. I like to fill with a syringe, it gets the juice down to the bottom.

You'll probably be surprised at what flavors you end up preferring, and even flavors you can't live without today, you might not want in a month, that is all trial & error & probably the biggest part of the journey.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I'm back - feeling overwhelmed, but in a good way, due to the kind and caring posts that all of you have left for me.

Still feeling very emotional today, but I think it's because all of you have been so patient with me and I'm in a place where people aren't treating me like I am single-handedly going to destroy the earth and wipe out the entire human race because I made the foolish mistake of picking up that very first cig so many, many years ago. Obviously, you all know what I'm talking about, right?

Someone mentioned that I needed to make 2 more posts before anyone could PM me, so this will be one.

Last night someone asked what was coming in my kit, so I have copied and pasted it for all of you to see:

Joye eGo 2 Complete Electronic Cigarettes (2 Batteries, 2 Atomizer and 2 Covers). The latest in a long line of proven quality products manufactured by Joyetech. New Feature: Button Protector, now carry in your pocket without worry of accidental activation.

The Joye eGo manual battery provide extra long battery life and superior vapor production. The Joye eGo uses a high capacity 650 mah battery with a manual button that lights a LED light when in use. The Joye eGo Kit uses both high performance Joye 510 Mega atomizer, Joye 510 atomizers and Cartridges.

Test have shown that the Joye eGo's battery will last from 5-7 hours of heavy vaping and up to 48 hours for an average vaping on a single battery charge. Note: Battery life will vary depending on user.

The Joye eGo comes with a HIGH OUTPUT USB CHARGER allowing the batteries to charge in 1.5 to 3 hours.

The Joye eGo Starter Kit comes with:
1pc Carrying Pouch
2pc eGo/Joye 510 Atomizers
2pc 650 mah Manual Batteries
2pc Joye eGo Button Protector
2pc Joye eGo Atomizer Covers
1pc AC/USB Wall Adapter
1pc Joye eGo High Output USB Charger
5pc Prefilled cartridges (USA Mix 16mg)

As I said last night, I'm not sure exactly what all of this stuff is, but I took a chance with this (in black) and also got a 30ml bottle of USA mix 24 mg. (I think).

I did look at flavors and didn't realize that I could use "only" flavors without needing the "tobacco" mix too. That isn't correct, right?

Now I will post again - so I can receive PM's. Could someone explain how and where I find them here? Thanks. More to follow.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Good to see you posting again.

After you get your 5th post in and wait about an hour you can click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page and edit your settings to accept private messages. You'll also be able to click on a poster's name and a menu will pop up and you can choose to send a PM to that person.

Yes, juices come in many flavors and nicotine strengths. It's a pretty amazing thing when you find that "perfect" juice.

Your among your own kind here. We're former tobacco users, or weaned down tobacco users, and know of where your coming from. We were all new to this ourselves at some point.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You might like the tobacco flavor.

I guess never found one that taste like a cigarette. So I figured if it doesn't taste like a cigarette, what would taste good?

I like sweets so I tried Caramel. Great taste. Then Irish Cream. Fantastic. The Watermelon. Very Good.

Get another post and I'll PM you so you can get the hang of a PM. You'll see a notification at the top of every screen to the right of your name when you get PM's.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
Morning YaGotta. Looks like you got a good kit there. Yes, you can buy fruit flavors alone. You can even buy dessert flavors. There is just about every flavor imaginable out there. Even.....bacon and crab! YUCK!

When you receive a PM, a pop up box will alert you. Just click ok and your inbox will open in a new window (if you are using Windows). Or, at the top of the forum page, you will see 'Notifications'. Click that and click on your inbox. Thats all there is to it. Once you are in your inbox, posting there is pretty much the same as on the forum.

You have gotten some very good advice in this thread. Don't hesitate to ask questions. YOu got a great unit with the Ego. There are so many ways to use that set up. Good Luck!

dvsgrl

Mar 31, 2011
Triad, NC
Good Morning! Happy to see you back here! I agree with others about your choice of an ego. Love mine! For pm's-look up at the bottom left just under the ecf banner and you will see "private messages". This will all get easier, trust me! I'm no spring chicken myself and I figured it out! As you have already seen, the folks on this forum are the best!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Now I will post again - so I can receive PM's. Could someone explain how and where I find them here? Thanks. More to follow.

BTW - It takes the ECF about a day to upgrade your status once you are able to recieve PM's and to post outside of the New Members area. So give it a little time before you think that something might be wrong.

Mudder

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2010
Canada
Yougotta at the very top of the page, it says notifications. There will be a number there if you have any pm's. Click on that and then click on each message, you'll be taken to where they can be read.

You made a most excellent choice in your first ecig. Awesome job of that. No you don't need to vape just tobacco flavor. You can vape whatever flavor you want to try whatever nic level you want to try. Order sample bottles tho, cause they don't all taste so great, or might not be what you like. When you find what you like, then you can order bigger bottles of it. Whatever you don't like, hang on to, because you can pif them to someone who does, for something you like instead.

At any time you have a question, please just ask. That's what we are here for, and we are always happy to help. We've all been where you are.

Drink lots and lots of water when you vape, because vaping can dehydrate you. Your mouth and throat will get dry, and you might start coughing.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Can someone explain to me how to multiple quote on this site? I tried to do it last night but it didn't work like other sites. I clicked on "reply with quote", then went to the next page, clicked on it again for another post and the first one disappeared. So many people have said things here that I would like to respond to, but it would take all day (and drive all of you crazy) if I just kept doing one right after another. Even "patience" has its limits, right? :)

I believe at least 2 people here have offered to send me things and reading that alone was enough to get the tears flowing. I am a huge believer in "pay it forward" and hope to one day be able to do the same for others. My sincerest gratitude to those who have made offers and I may just take you up on that if I ever figure out what I'm doing here! :laugh:

I spoke with one of my adult children today and when I told her what I did yesterday her response was, "Mom, even if it turns out to be a waste of money, you wasted your money trying to do a good thing so hopefully we won't ever have to see you suffer like Daddy did. That would kill me." :(

I thought about what she said and she's right. I'm taking a leap of faith - in a direction that can only help me - not harm me - so that's a good thing. I do have a question I forgot to ask last night though. I'm assuming there's no way that the cost of this will drop to what it now costs for me to roll my own cigs (less than $2 a pack), but will the savings be at least half of what regular cigs cost (after the initial start up costs)?

That's 2 more posts, so am I good to go with the PM's?

Thank you all - so very, very much. I think I'm really going to like it here! :)

wazzup592

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Ohio USA
I am a new(er) vaper and believe me, at first glance it is EXTREMELY overwhelming. It took me about two weeks to fully learn and understand it all. If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to pm me, if for some reason I don't respond or something there is a live chat option here with people in it whp can help you with your questions as well, I could even meet you in there and we can talk back and forth and ill give you a run through of all the things e-cig related. I will get you to understand. Loki here at the forums helped me when I was new so I figure I could pass my knowledge around. Btw, the ego was a good first buy! Good job on that! Once you get the basic understandings, you will be able to understand what people in the forums are talking about lol, then you will grow from there. Its not as bad as it seems! I promise. You will be happier, better smelling, and healthier once you make the full transition into vaping, e-smoking, whatever you want to call it that makes the most sense to you. Vaping is all about personal preference and once you find your niche, you will ask yourself why you didn't make the switch sooner. Lets get you healthy!

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Using e-cigs CAN be very inexpensive, anywhere from the same as cigs to $20 a month or less.... it mostly depends on how much time and effort you put into it.

The most money is saved by those who mix up their own e-liquids (aka DIY), but even if you don't you should find vaping to me much less expensive than smoking.

For example, how much did you pay for your 30ml bottle of USA mix? Maybe $15? It will probably last you about 8-10 days.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
One of the very first threads I read when I landed here was lolady's intro thread. I think you would enjoy it (beware - it's long). I think the two of you might just have some things in common. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/186222-confused-old-lady-50-yrs-marlboro-reds-grateful-any-help-advice-recommendations.html

I'm off to find this thread and read it. Thank you so much for suggesting it!

I'll be back here soon. Will read that thread first and then wander around a bit to try to educate myself. :)

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
Welcome and you've made a great choice.
I'm 59 and was a 2 pack a day smoker for 45 years until Jan, of this year. I have many different e-cigs and mods and only recently bought an eGo to add to my collection, I wish that I had bought one in the beginning. It is one of my favorites giving great vapor and warmth, wonderful taste (I use tobacco flavors like Marlboro and turkish tobacco...even French Pipe and cigar because I LOVED my cigarettes and am not into fruits and mints, etc. Occassionally I do enjoy Snickerdoodle or chocolate covered donut, though) and a decent throat hit.
A low resistence atomizer will increase the throat hit but for ease I like dual coil mega cartomizers because I can fill them with my liquid and forget them ,,,just enjoy for around 4 hours before filling again or topping them off with liquid.

You've come to the right place here and you've made a great decision. My stepson started me on ecigs and he started with the eGo and to this day, it is the only one he uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread