Lost the long post I had typed. Will try again. I'm almost afraid to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm off to find this thread and read it. Thank you so much for suggesting it!

I'll be back here soon. Will read that thread first and then wander around a bit to try to educate myself. :)

And don't forget - when you have time, especially since there are a few of them - to read "lolady" blogs also. Personally, IMHO, although I may be biased - I think they're great . . .

You can find them here: E-Cigarette Forum - they gave lolady a blog and now look! - Blogs

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can someone explain to me how to multiple quote on this site? I tried to do it last night but it didn't work like other sites. I clicked on "reply with quote", then went to the next page, clicked on it again for another post and the first one disappeared. So many people have said things here that I would like to respond to, but it would take all day (and drive all of you crazy) if I just kept doing one right after another. Even "patience" has its limits, right? :)

If you check the icon to the right of "Reply with Quote" it will put a check mark on that post. Check all but the last post you want to reply to. Then on the last post, hit "Reply with Quote". It will take you to the "Advanced" section of the reply and you can reply to multiple posts. You can also use the "Preview Reply" to see what your reply looks like.

When I started, many members sent me things to try. It seems only fair to repay them by sending someone like yourself something.

DerekUrban

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Welcome to ECF! I was pretty confused too when I first started, but once you get your kit in front of you it will all come together, don't worry too much. You've made a great decision, one that is both healthy and delicious!

I suggest checking out the thread The Wonderful World of Vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs (Part 1 of 6) and the other 6 paged that go with it. It really cleared a lot up for me as I was trying to get into it all.

I LOVE the eGo, it's a pretty simple model with great results, a battery that lasts for days, and compatibility with just about anything. It's my current PV (Personal Vaporizer, AKA E-cig) and I'm really happy with it. You might want to check out some ejuice vendors, it's really easy to refill your Catridges/Cartos and makes vaping even cheaper, and the flavors are to die for. Just about anything you can imagine is possible. I suggest VaporBomb for general flavors, and BackWoods Brew for Tobacco related flavors. Imitation Cigarette flavors are (In my opinion) terrible, probably because cigarettes taste terrible (You'll see what I mean when your tastebuds come back!), but some Juice Chefs make great Tobacco Flavors if that's what your jonesing for - I'm actually vaping AppleWood Tobacco from Backwoods Brew right now!

Finally, I highly recommend checking out Doctor Vapor's Youtube Channel, it's extremely informative and mostly geared towards new Vapers, he helped me a lot in my early days.

Last edited:
Hi Yagota
My story is very similar to yours. I'm over 60 now and my wife is in bad health and had to quit smoking. She is on Oxy full time and so I quit to help her and myself before it is to late. My last analog cig was May 15 2011. I also went with the Ego type ecig. I started with pre filled carts and found out they realy don't help much with that craving for the tobacco, so I went looking for a juice that would help with that. I also smoked 1 1/2-2 pac's a-day of Marlboro Reds and needed some thing like that. I found that the 24mg/ml Jersey Vapes Marlboro was a fair place to start. I tried a few of the other tobacco liquids like RY4, 555, and a few others but the taste was to much like a cigar or pipe. I have been slowly working my way down on the Nic and I am now like 6mg/ml and doing ok. I hope to get to 0 mg soon and feel I will make it. I don't like the fruity sweet liquids to much but peach cobler is kind of fun some times. Just hang in there and take it one day at a time and you will achieve your goals. As you can tell I'm also new to this vaping thing and the ECF Forum. I found a lot of good info here and it seems that everyone here is very willing to help.
Good Luck
C

Last edited:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Hi, yagottawanna,

Looks like you got some great advice on a lot of stuff! I belong to over a dozen forums on different topics, and this is the best! It runs like a well oiled wheel, friendly and always sooo helpful. You'd better set up a new folder on your desktop for all of the links you'll want to keep track of, and shortcuts to different areas of ecf. You're going to be just fine!!

BTW, you are gonna love your eGo. I sure love mine!!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'm off to find this thread and read it. Thank you so much for suggesting it!

I'll be back here soon. Will read that thread first and then wander around a bit to try to educate myself. :)

ummmm, folks, that's it for awhile. By the time she gets through LOL's thread and discovers LOL's blogrants, it will be tomorrow till she can get back here...

But she'll be having some fun!

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
If you check the icon to the right of "Reply with Quote" it will put a check mark on that post. Check all but the last post you want to reply to. Then on the last post, hit "Reply with Quote". It will take you to the "Advanced" section of the reply and you can reply to multiple posts. You can also use the "Preview Reply" to see what your reply looks like.

When I started, many members sent me things to try. It seems only fair to repay them by sending someone like yourself something.

Dang, so that's how it's done! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
yagottawanna this is exactly where you belong!

You're probably not going to find something that tastes exactly like your cigarette brand, but you will find several things that taste better, and satisfactorily duplicate the other sensations.

My blog has a few rants that are specially intended for those of us who are beginning the transition to e-cigarettes at an age where moisturizer has ceased to be an optional element of our beauty regimen.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Absolutely, you are in the right place ! Great choice ! (No spring chicken here and I learned just fine !)

There are sections at the top of each forum...stickies..that are filled with information ! Very excited for you to receive your delivery !

Welcome !

We are all here for you !

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Hey! Welcome and Welcome Back

Lots of good people on this forum, guess you're finding that out.

I was the ONLY person in the world that couldn't stop smoking. I was convinced of that. Now, I'm on day 41 (had to look it up, I thought I was on day 38) and feel like a million bucks. No longer cough for an hour when I arise, no longer smelling like an ashtray.

You can do it and the people on this forum will help you

Congratulations on your buy, it's a great start

God Bless
Torque

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
yagottawanna this is exactly where you belong!

You're probably not going to find something that tastes exactly like your cigarette brand, but you will find several things that taste better, and satisfactorily duplicate the other sensations.

My blog has a few rants that are specially intended for those of us who are beginning the transition to e-cigarettes at an age where moisturizer has ceased to be an optional element of our beauty regimen.

I am honored that you popped in here to post on my thread. :) I read your very first thread that you posted here this morning and I laughed so hard I was crying. This time "good" tears - not the tears of sadness and frustration when I first jumped in here yesterday. You certainly have a gift - and when time permits, I'm going to read every single thing you have written to date.:)

I'm so anxious for my kit to arrive! Scared, but anxious. Hope there's not a bunch of little doo-dads I have to fiddle with as my hands aren't what they used to be. (Probably a second round of carpal tunnel - after having had both hands operated on a number of years ago.)

I hope everyone here remains as helpful as they have been so far - like when I place them in fear of reading yet another one of my posts because I've fallen into the well and "Lassie" is nowhere near to run for help.:laugh: We'll see.

Thank you so much for stopping in!:)

Harrygrowth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran

I hope everyone here remains as helpful as they have been so far - like when I place them in fear of reading yet another one of my posts because I've fallen into the well and "Lassie" is nowhere near to run for help.:laugh: We'll see.

Thank you so much for stopping in!:)

We're not going anywhere. There's a whole lot of people waiting to hear from you after your package arrives on Friday. We like success stories and you're about to be one.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm so anxious for my kit to arrive! Scared, but anxious. Hope there's not a bunch of little doo-dads I have to fiddle with as my hands aren't what they used to be. (Probably a second round of carpal tunnel - after having had both hands operated on a number of years ago.)

Hey there - "Yagottawanna" . . . I found a video over on You Tube by "Doctor Vapor" that I think is pretty good and has the basic information (it seems very clear and consices) about the "eGo-T" and "How to get started" and I think it would help you a little, especially the anxiety your feeling right now about the "Kit." Here is the link: YouTube - ‪DoctorVapor's Channel‬‏

(BTW, there are even more videos on "You Tube" about "eGo-T", however IMHO, I thought the information in this one would fit your needs . . . Well at least I hope it does)

Oh, and does anyone know whether or not it is Friday - YET . . . If not - can we push the "Clock" forward - PLEASE ! ! ! ! :yawn: I'm tried of waitin' for the :mail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread