Lost Vape DNA 60 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Look a couple of posts up, mine is the abalone version. I have not heard of any issues but also have not really been looking/paying attention if there were any. Mine has been working flawlessly for the past couple of weeks i've owned it.

Thank you!

I am so happy to hear how much you like it. I've got one coming in on Tuesday, but I think it might be delivered a day early.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
The Epetite has landed! It's gorgeous and it works like a dream come true! I think I need more than one of these little cuties!!

I have one of these teetering in my shopping cart at fasttech. Do you still heart it, JustWondering1? It seems like it would be similar in the hand to the pico, is that the case? Also, do all your atties screw down nicely on top? By which I mean, on my picos (and balrog and presa) everything I've tried tightens down nicely, but there's some issue with the eVic mini where my kayfun Minis sort of rock and never really make a flush connection with the mod unless I use some sort of spacer.

Is there anything you don't like about it?

(Asking all these questions, because it's more than I usually spend, except for my Provaris and my Piccoloid! Thus the teetering -- it's in, it's out, it's back in again. or maybe not. or...)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's a nice looking mod! For my vaping style the DNA60 isn't a viable option. I prefer a 200 or a 75.
I think this aimed at the doodle puffers, All the bells & whistles of a DNA on E-Scribe @ low wattages :)

A 60W board isn't so terrible if you vape in TC mode. My larger dual Clapton builds, 0.4 ohm, get a 75W preheat and 40W 450F. Following it device monitor it's well under 40W after the preheat, probably ~20W towards the end of the draw. It's still using an 18650, so hitting 60W for the preheat instead of 75 is no biggie, and not all that different from my DNA 75 mods anyway. The advantage I see over my 75 boards would be size. Nice and tiny for the pocket.

I'm still not in a rush to get one as at the current price it is sufficiently redundant with my stuff to make it unattractive. Maybe with the price dropping back a bit it could find its way into a new home.:)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I have one of these teetering in my shopping cart at Fasttech. Do you still heart it, JustWondering1? It seems like it would be similar in the hand to the pico, is that the case? Also, do all your atties screw down nicely on top? By which I mean, on my picos (and balrog and presa) everything I've tried tightens down nicely, but there's some issue with the eVic mini where my Kayfun Minis sort of rock and never really make a flush connection with the mod unless I use some sort of spacer.

(Asking all these questions, because it's more than I usually spend, except for my Provaris and my Piccoloid! Thus the teetering -- it's in, it's out, it's back in again. or maybe not. or...)

It's more than I've ever spent on a mod before, but it's my favorite mod. It's about 1/4 inch taller than the Pico, or about 1/8 inch taller than the top of the Pico battery cap. It's a wee bit wider and deeper than the Pico too. It is very comfy in the hand, and it is gorgeous. The chip works like a dream come true. It's not as incredible as the DNA 40 as far as battery life goes, but the battery life is very, very good. The fire button is flush, but it's very easy to feel it without putting your eyes on it, so you are not searching for it. I plan to buy at least one or two more of them.

One thing I was concerned about the first day is the fact that on the back side the panels are held on by magnets on one side and a hinge on the other. I worried that the hinge would give me trouble, but it doesn't at all. It's a very well made mod.

Go for it Tazzle!!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
A 60W board isn't so terrible if you vape in TC mode. My larger dual Clapton builds, 0.4 ohm, get a 75W preheat and 40W 450F. Following it device monitor it's well under 40W after the preheat, probably ~20W towards the end of the draw. It's still using an 18650, so hitting 60W for the preheat instead of 75 is no biggie, and not all that different from my DNA 75 mods anyway. The advantage I see over my 75 boards would be size. Nice and tiny for the pocket.

I'm still not in a rush to get one as at the current price it is sufficiently redundant with my stuff to make it unattractive. Maybe with the price dropping back a bit it could find its way into a new home.:)

Again it's all about how you vape! I like 100 watt preheat for 3 seconds to get that instant hit.
In TC you can go with a huge preheat # cause it is caped were ever you set the temp :) I can feel the difference between a 200 & a 75 watt board.
Small isn't the issue, there are a lot of DNA 75 mods that are as small or smaller than the EPitete, even a Vapor shark 200 isn't much bigger.

Reactions: Eskie

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
What is your 60 board in? I haven't been following the 60 that closely and this is the first mod I've seen that uses it. I have a DNA 75 VT75 which I like, and is fine for a single cell mod, although not nearly as small as the Petite appears (or have as nice panels as the LV, maybe I need to rethink a wrap for it:) ). I don't see myself getting one, but I'm still always happy seeing new solutions reach the marketplace.
I'm so torn between the alien 220 and the vt75. What are your thoughts on the vt75?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I have one of these teetering in my shopping cart at Fasttech. Do you still heart it, JustWondering1? It seems like it would be similar in the hand to the pico, is that the case? Also, do all your atties screw down nicely on top? By which I mean, on my picos (and balrog and presa) everything I've tried tightens down nicely, but there's some issue with the eVic mini where my Kayfun Minis sort of rock and never really make a flush connection with the mod unless I use some sort of spacer.

I forgot to answer your question about the wobbly factor. All of my tanks sit perfectly on the Epetite, with no wobble.

Reactions: tazzle

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm so torn between the alien 220 and the vt75. What are your thoughts on the vt75?

I really like my VT75. So far the finish has stood up to regular use outside the house, and the 26650 option gives me plenty of run time. The battery cap is a major downer, so I treat the mod as though it contained a Lipo and charge in mod. Which with a DNA board is good in my book. It's a trustworthy board for that as it was developed with internal Lipos in mind from the beginning. It holds really large tanks with no overhang (room for a 30 mm if I ever wanted to get nuts) and just plain works well.

The board is not as efficient as a 200/250, but it doesn't feel like a terrible limitation. It's also voltage capped, so it's not as "powerful" as say a 133 with 2 batteries. Having said all that, I did buy it on a great sale for $50. I probably would not have bought it at the original $100. As to the Alien, it's a way different mod and experience, but really good for what it is. I have one, use it in regular rotation, and am really happy with it. Even TC is not bad once you enter a proper TCR. I have been fortunate in not having the paint issues some folks have with early wear, so I assume it's a QC issue that hopefully is worked out by now on the newer releases.

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
Already loved the DNA40 predecessor back then, so this was a no-brainer for me. :)

esquare_abau9s5v.jpeg

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Small isn't the issue, there are a lot of DNA 75 mods that are as small or smaller than the EPitete, even a Vapor shark 200 isn't much bigger.

Really? Doesn't seem possible. The DNA75 board itself is nearly as tall as the whole Epetite mod.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Well I couldn't find any videos with a size comparison yet, But here are some specs.
EPetite
DEPTH 27 mm
HEIGHT 73 mm
WIDTH 45 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 190 g

VT75 Nano
DEPTH 24 mm
HEIGHT 82 mm
WIDTH 39 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 118 g

SDNA75
DEPTH 23 mm
HEIGHT 84 mm
WIDTH 44 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 138 g

As you can see these DNA75 mods are all most identical in size.
It's hard to make a mod smaller than the VT75 Nano & SDNA75 that holds an 18650!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Well I couldn't find any videos with a size comparison yet, But here are some specs.
EPetite
DEPTH 27 mm
HEIGHT 73 mm
WIDTH 45 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 190 g

VT75 Nano
DEPTH 24 mm
HEIGHT 82 mm
WIDTH 39 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 118 g

SDNA75
DEPTH 23 mm
HEIGHT 84 mm
WIDTH 44 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 138 g

As you can see these DNA75 mods are all most identical in size.
It's hard to make a mod smaller than the VT75 Nano & SDNA75 that holds an 18650!
That's actually a fairly significant difference in size. It might not seem like much on paper but it is in actual use.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Is there any overhang with the Epetite ?

That slope-away at the front is potentially troublesome, and the doors slope away too by the looks of it - so the official width of the device will be less in reality.

I would dare to say 22mm is a maximum for those with overhang OCD

All I have are 22 mm tanks, so I can't comment on larger tanks. There is no overhang with my 22 mm tanks, but the rounded edges of the Epetite don't allow much room for a larger tank without overhang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread