Lost Vape Drone BF - 166 watt Dual 18650 Squonk Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
I caved. Hope it comes by the end of the week :D

The first thing I plan to do is open the top and see what revision they made to that squonk tube in there.

I caved too. I'd decided I was going to wait to hear what real folks had to say about the shipping version, but then I saw it in stock and well..... Mine will be here Thursday.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I look forward to your take on it Jazz. I haven't read much on the dna250 so I'm curious about the 2 amp charging (battery low level cutoff and peak charge values) as well as the default material TFR curves ie CSVs.

Drone BF arrived this PM after going walkabout via USPS Priority Mail, sent from a-hop-skip-and-jump away--to another State.
779f919009a30a6231ff50b444fe410c.jpg

Already owning three (3) Halcyons & a Therion BF I bought it for one reason only, to get away from LiPos--for a spell. Got four Sony V5s just for the Drone. Tired of plugging in. As you, I own six (6) dna 200s: Vaporshark (2amp charging), Lavabox, and Reuleaux, plus the Halcyons.

The Drone BF is roughly 30 grams heavier than the Reuleaux, which, rightly or wrongly, I attribute to better materials. If you want the actual weights PM me. It is also taller. Not an issue for me because I intended it for the nightstand or coffee table.

It seems to me the squonk hole is larger since I can get leaking from over-squonking, not the Halcyons. 2 amp charging, no doubt.

Waiting on a black Icon rda coz I only have three Goons (and the LP). Moved a SnapDragon to a Halcyon while I wait...
8122f889c3bc52277cf3ef7f61c08113.jpg

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Mike Vapes and Vaping Biker have posted their Drone reviews on YouTube:

Mike shows the reviewer and the retail versions in his video so you can see the revisions.
I am very close to pulling the trigger on one myself.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
@cigatron re: your Q about cutoff,

I happen to notice it was set to 2.8V (OOB) as I poked around the Mod Tab. Prolly wise to raise that number to 3.2V

Vaped the Drone down below 20% and exchanged the batts with fully charged. The used batteries showed around 3.5V on my charger. That means you can likely vape down to, or near, 0% battery/charge without danger. Though, to repeat, you would best raise the cutoff from the stock 2.8V.

A far cry from LiPo usage. I discarded a LiPo today that would not initialized a Halcyon. My external charger showed 0.0V, 0.0V, 1.58V. Not good!

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
@cigatron re: your Q about cutoff,

I happen to notice it was set to 2.8V (OOB) as I poked around the Mod Tab. Prolly wise to raise that number to 3.2V

Vaped the Drone down below 20% and exchanged the batts with fully charged. The used batteries showed around 3.5V on my charger. That means you can likely vape down to, or near, 0% battery/charge without danger. Though, to repeat, you would best raise the cutoff from the stock 2.8V.

A far cry from LiPo usage. I discarded a LiPo today that would not initialized a Halcyon. My external charger showed 0.0V, 0.0V, 1.58V. Not good!

Thanks Jazz, good things to know.
Yep, 2.8v is too low even if only pulled down momentarily during a vape.
If you get a chance I would love to know how close the default SS csv is to SE's csv

What top cap is that on the snap dragon in your pic? It looks killer!

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Mine's due today, but I am realizing I should probably get brand new batteries to pair up for it before I use it, right? I'd like to get different ones from what I otherwise use, to easily differentiate them. I use LG HG2s on the regular...any recommendations for a good battery to use for this that's not an HG2?

Reactions: cigatron

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Maybe if a manufacturer made a compatible mod then others would follow as of yet diy is best option for them cells

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Yeah the only commercially available mod I know of is the boxer.
I hope the cells become available so that more manufacturers will go that route.

Reactions: cigatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread