Status
Not open for further replies.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but thought I'd throw out a heads up.

While unlocking the power setting, I must have been on the buttons a little hard and the down button "shifted" a little sideways and got caught on the faceplate, causing it to continuously scroll the power down and rendering it unusable. Spent quite a while trying to move it back into position with my fingernail so I could use the mod. Thankfully I was sitting in my car after work so it was a quick drive home and I was able to recenter it with a mini flat head screwdriver.

On an unrelated note, I made a little welcome screen for myself. Feel free to steal/edit it if you want the little logo's :thumb:

Skeintastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2016
So, yeah. After a half week I have to say that this mod is the vaping experience I've been looking for. Yeah, battery life is not as good as my other DNA devices (Mad Modder 1850 mah and Panzer 1500 mah) but I love it.

I'm running my noisy cricket build (0.43 ohm dual 2*28 ga ka, 36 ga ni80 fused claptons) on a velocity v2 at 94 watts... perfect vape for me. Battery life is liveable but I still have to switch to another mod... (I do recommend the limitless rdta)

Only gripe was the default screen brightness was too high and it didn't have a basic wattage mode in the presets but that's all easy to fix.

I've been waiting for this experience since I quit smoking a little over a year ago. It beats every tank and has more juice capacity and it hits quickly with very, very short ramp up like a DNA should.

I have to get another and a snapdragon.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but thought I'd throw out a heads up.

While unlocking the power setting, I must have been on the buttons a little hard and the down button "shifted" a little sideways and got caught on the faceplate, causing it to continuously scroll the power down and rendering it unusable.

I have exactly the same issue, both up and down buttons have a bit of a play and can easy stuck under the front plate. You need to "scroll" the button in the opposite direction to release it. Wondering if it's only related to a silver version. Not a big deal though.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
No issues with the wattage adjustment buttons on my blue Halcyon.

And... Origin has all four colors in stock currently.

Lost Vape Halcyon Squonker DNA200 Box Mod

Mod: $199.99
Add a Malstrom (with two bottles): $14.99
Add one bottle: $2.99
Add two bottles: $4.99

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Reactions: inswva

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
FRATERNAL TWINS:

Blue Halcyon NiFe 52/48 0.17 Ω 450F 54 Watts (Stash: Cinnamon Girl) Black Stumpy

Black Halcyon NiFe 52/48 0.16 Ω 50 Watts (Stash: Sleeping Monkey) SS Stumpy

2f04966fcaabe827697fc4b5d9fcfd8d.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
FRATERNAL TWINS:

Blue Halcyon NiFe 52/48 0.17 Ω 450F 54 Watts (Stash: Cinnamon Girl) Black Stumpy

Black Halcyon NiFe 52/48 0.16 Ω 50 Watts (Stash: Sleeping Monkey) SS Stumpy

2f04966fcaabe827697fc4b5d9fcfd8d.jpg

I guess it was a very wise decision to get two Halcyons!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walter Ego

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I guess it was a very wise decision to get two Halcyons!!!

Actually wiser than you may think. IMHO. [emoji41]

On the Vaporshark release I bought two extra Fullymax batts though never used coz removal/replace looked like a PIA (never tried).

On receipt of the Blue Halcyon I connected the XT 30's substituting that batt for the one installed. So, I have one extra batt properly setup for the Halcyon. Soon I will have two (2) batteries to alternate in the Halcyon's.

Then, battery life will be MOOT...

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Actually wiser than you may think. IMHO. [emoji41]

On the Vaporshark release I bought two extra Fullymax batts though never used coz removal/replace looked like a PIA (never tried).

On receipt of the Blue Halcyon I connected the XT 30's substituting that batt for the one installed. So, I have one extra batt properly setup for the Halcyon. Soon I will have two (2) batteries to alternate in the Halcyon's.

Then, battery life will be MOOT...

So there are batteries with higher capacity that can fit in the Halcyon??

TheDigital99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
New Hampshire, United States
This is from a facebook group I participate it in.. I have purchase from several of his buys and never an issue.. I convinced him to run a buy on the Halcyon

I have no connection other than this is a great price

$158 for the squonker only
$168 for the squonker and halstrom

Tried to paste the link, but wont display... Don't know why... PM me and I will send it to you

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The anodizing is wearing pretty quickly on the edges/corners. I don't exactly beat this thing up but I don't baby it either. I was expecting some signs of wear but maybe not this quickly. I'm not terribly concerned since I bought this to use as a beater mod. Nor will it preclude me from buying another one. Just thought I'd note the issue.

zVZHR9r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread