Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
is there a higher mah LiPo that can fit inside instead of the 900 mah one?

Always better to answer directly and with data, when possible.

No, there is not.

There are 950, 1000...1300 mah available but looking for longer run time leaves only the 1300 mah as a viable option.

The Lavabox from Volcano added a 1300 mah to its former Fullymax 900 mah. To do so they needed to add an extension that brought the width to ~ 56.7 mm. All the action is above the 510, with no joose bottle (i.e. for tanks and TF RDA's). Before the extension the Lavabox was 46.16 mm in width.

The Halcyon weighs in at ~ 59.95 mm with not a single millimeter of empty or free space inside.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Always better to answer directly and with data, when possible.

No, there is not.

There are 950, 1000...1300 mah available but looking for longer run time leaves only the 1300 mah as a viable option.

The Lavabox from Volcano added a 1300 mah to its former Fullymax 900 mah. To do so they needed to add an extension that brought the width to ~ 56.7 mm. All the action is above the 510, with no joose bottle (i.e. for tanks and TF RDA's). Before the extension the Lavabox was 46.16 mm in width.

The Halcyon weighs in at ~ 59.95 mm with not a single millimeter of empty or free space inside.

Thanks ..I meant to ask if there was a different battery manufacturer that has slightly smaller batteries that would fit. Doesn't seem like it though.

Reactions: jwat82

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Got my Halcyon yesterday and I must admit, that for my vape style, the battery life was surprising to me.

I replaced the factory bottle with one of the soft Italian ones, and got all the way through the bottle with ~25% (11.1V on the Lipo) left on the battery bar. Running a 0.3 ohm single SS316 spaced coil in a Stumpy at 50 watts, no temp control.

I usually don't vape more than one bottle per day, and from what I understand the battery life will improve a bit after a few charge cycles. So it's perfect for me.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Got my Halcyon yesterday and I must admit, that for my vape style, the battery life was surprising to me.

I replaced the factory bottle with one of the soft Italian ones, and got all the way through the bottle with ~25% (11.1V on the Lipo) left on the battery bar. Running a 0.3 ohm single SS316 spaced coil in a Stumpy at 50 watts, no temp control.

I usually don't vape more than one bottle per day, and from what I understand the battery life will improve a bit after a few charge cycles. So it's perfect for me.
That's really impressive!!..I usually vape either at 0.6 ohms and 40 watts for my 3mg nic juice, or @ 0.9-1 ohm and 18-20 watts for my 12 mg nic. I would be more than happy with this one :)

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Got mine from the Origin Vape. Super fast shipping to Canada.

_DSF3807.jpg

_DSF3809.jpg

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Couple observations.

Mod is well made and feels solid, with no sharp edges, 22mm atties sit flash. A bit wider than I expected. No gaps between seams, the screen is perfectly centered, the door slides smoothly and stays firm. Non scratches or dents. Inside everything seems tidy. The bottle is a bit stiff, but I like it, right amount of resistance for me. No leaking so far. The feeding pipe needs a bit of lubrication.

I like the buttons, right resistance and click sound.

Escribe (using Mac/Parallels VM) detected device immediately with no issues whatsoever, the firmware was successful updated.

Annoyances. Blue battery is visible through the cut out, was remediated by masking battery with the piece of black tape. The fire button rattles a bit but not much though. The black plastic that covers wires under the bottle can easily fall out. The up button was a bit sticky at the beginning, now works fine. An additional bottle should've been included with the package.
Lost Vape – pay attention to small details, that what makes good product great.

Overall it’s a good squonker with DNA 200 board and I am happy with the purchase.

_DSF3812-Edit.jpg

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
The black plastic that covers wires under the bottle can easily fall out.

If you fit that black piece into the slot, or cutout, made for it, it will stay put - little tricky but worth observing. Took me a couple of removals to notice the slot was there.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Thanks jazzvaper, I am aware of that little groove at the bottom. It's OK, but could've been done a little bit better :) nothing major though.

You tricky DEVIL. [emoji12]

Yeah, for the first couple of presses the wattage changed but not afterwards. Apparently there is a sweat (sour) spot that allows the button on the board to move.

Good catch.

ETA: I just noticed the SnapDragon. Snazzy!!

Reactions: tpedwards

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
So I'm really enjoying my new halcyon squonk box. The only real con I have about it is the space I have to put the juice bottle in. Before this, I only had a kanger drip box, which was a little different with assembling. The amount of space I have to put the bottle and tube in is very limited, when compared to other squonk mods I'm seeing out there, that leave a lot more space above the bottle for the tube to have an inch or so before it hits the 510. When I go to fill it, I just disassemble the entire tube with the bottle and fill it, then attatch it as it is, for that helps keep the tube in the same position it was in prior, without making it move around. Any experienced squonkers fill this way? Or have you been taking the cap off and keeping the tube attatched to the 510 as your filling?

Reactions: Walter Ego

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
Also another thing, it's my first time charging it completely since it went down to almost no charge. It's been almost 4 and a half hours and now it's almost fully charged. First time dealing with a lipo. Why is it taking so incredibly long? I thought it would take maybe 2 hours tops. Overall, I'm really enjoying this device. These are the only issues I'm really encountering. I knew I'd have to wait for these lipos to charge, but nearly 5 hours won't do.

Walter Ego

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wild West
I replaced my bottle with the super soft Italian ones, to refill my Italian squonk bottles without removing the caps I remove the bottle and tube together, then squeeze some air from the (unicorn type tip) supply bottle creating negative pressure then place the squonk bottle tube on the spout of the supply bottle. Holding the squonk bottle upside down I squeeze the air into the supply bottle then invert and squeeze the liquid into the squonk bottle. This may have to be repeated depending on the how much liquid you had in your squonker to begin with. Then remove the squonk tube from the supply bottle and reattach to the pin on your mod. This method alows me to fill the bottle completely and I don't have to remove the cap and possibly cause a leak.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Where are some good places to get those soft Italian squonk bottles or just better quality replacement bottles? I heard the atomizer comes with two bottles, but the mod only came with one... makes sense I guess.

You can get them from reosmods.com. A pack of 5 for $27 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread