Lost Vape Therion DNA75 dual 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
The DNA 75C has polarity protection on the board. The DNA 75 does not, so they placed some plastic spacers around the contacts to dissuade you from inserting them wrong. Same on the DNA 200, but on board protection for the DNA 250.

That is what I was thinking, but the Evolv PDF specifications, does mention the DNA 75 has reverse polarity protection..

From the Evolve document.. "The DNA 75 includes built in Reverse Polarity Protection to protect the user, board, device, and battery in the event that a battery is inserted backwards."

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I just pulled the trigger on the Lost Vape 75 DNA C from slowtech. I set my calendar for two months to remind me. I heard afterwards that Health Cabin actually ships fast. Oh well the wait goes on.

I was wrong as I was able to cancel my order from fasttech and I ordered from healthcabin. No fast shipping from healthcabin. Ordered on July 21 and it's still in China. I'm anxious to give this mod a try as I heard a lot of good things about it.

Reactions: SLM and Eskie

Krumped

Aug 25, 2014
KC
No problem, they used jumpers for the wiring, so effectively if you swap the "end" batt you then have a flow of positive to negative. Here's a pic that describes the relationship better

1c5b953d6d6985d8fc59ab38e01bbefb.jpg

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Thanks a ton for the info man! My 75 board got fried by a battery install. It blew one of the chips. Still worked with one battery but I have a Dna 200 board is like to throw in. I wanted to verify how I do the battery wiring. If I planned on flipping one of the batteries, Does the positive jumper stay the same and I remove the negative jumper and keep the same positive negative leads?
Or do I remove the negative jumper and wire the negative lead to the rear negative contact and the positive to the front negative contact? I believe the second scenario resembles the graphic you posted most.

If you could tell me the best way, I’d really appreciate it!

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Heads up, for those still on the fence: MyFreedomSmokes.com has the 75C snake skin mod on sale for $80.00... Finally pulled the trigger on the Bush Viper w/ black frame. :wub:

I already have the 166 with the white & black snake skin & black frame. Also, I already have a couple of doors that will fit both to change up their looks. I had been coveting that Bush Viper, since it was introduced in the 166, but couldn't justify another 166 ($$$!) and that cover wasn't available separately. With my MFS's reward points and free shipping, I thought it might be time to give in and I hardly ever go over 50w anyway, so... Umm, I do NOT need any more mods... :shock: But shiny-itis is real... :hubba:

I think that I am officially done buying mods now. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie and SLM

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Heads up, for those still on the fence: MyFreedomSmokes.com has the 75C snake skin mod on sale for $80.00... Finally pulled the trigger on the Bush Viper w/ black frame. :wub:

I already have the 166 with the white & black snake skin & black frame. Also, I already have a couple of doors that will fit both to change up their looks. I had been coveting that Bush Viper, since it was introduced in the 166, but couldn't justify another 166 ($$$!) and that cover wasn't available separately. With my MFS's reward points and free shipping, I thought it might be time to give in and I hardly ever go over 50w anyway, so... Umm, I do NOT need any more mods... :shock: But shiny-itis is real... :hubba:

I think that I am officially done buying mods now. :lol:

How do you like the Bush Viper? I bought the Africa Select and wish I had gotten the Bush Viper. I got three extra battery doors for mine but WANT the Bush Viper door. The only place I can find it is in the UK and the shop charges $20 for shipping to the US. At that rate, the bargain mod is no longer a bargain. :)

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: SnapDragon NY

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I've been in love with that one for so long in the DNA166, I don't think that I would have been unhappy with it anyway. In some lighting, it looks more red/cranberry, other times more fuchsia colored, but still great looking to me.

Initially, I couldn't decide between the black & white snakeskin or the Bush Viper, so I went with the 1st one that caught my eye & had to have, which was the black & white, intending on later buying the Bush Viper door to switch between... Only to learn those weren't going to be sold separately. :-x Where did you find the snake skin doors? :drool:

How do you like the Bush Viper? I bought the Africa Select and wish I had gotten the Bush Viper. I got three extra battery doors for mine but WANT the Bush Viper door. The only place I can find it is in the UK and the shop charges $20 for shipping to the US. At that rate, the bargain mod is no longer a bargain. :)

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Yeah, seems they KNOW you can't find it anywhere else, so they're asking for top dollar for them (wonder how they got them to begin with & if they're even genuine; as far as I've been told, LV wasn't selling any of those snakeskin doors separately). No one, and I've searched high and low, EVER had those Limited Edition doors.

Too much money for me, too. :grr: Oh well, I've finally got the 2 skin colors I wanted, for either my DNA166 or my DNA75c... Options. ;)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Yeah, seems they KNOW you can't find it anywhere else, so they're asking for top dollar for them (wonder how they got them to begin with & if they're even genuine; as far as I've been told, LV wasn't selling any of those snakeskin doors separately). No one, and I've searched high and low, EVER had those Limited Edition doors.

Too much money for me, too. :grr: Oh well, I've finally got the 2 skin colors I wanted, for either my DNA166 or my DNA75c... Options. ;)

I wondered the same things. It is risky and not worth it. I fell in love with Africa Select way back, so it was the only one I was interested in when I bought the Therion at the great MFS sale. I still like it but not as much as I thought I would. I got Black Elephant, Purple Ostrich (not purple,) and the other black door. Enough doors. It is time to be happy and move on. Oh, that UK store has all of the snake colorways that no one in the US has had separately.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I got Black Elephant, Purple Ostrich (not purple,) and the other black door. Enough doors. It is time to be happy and move on.

Hahaha, I bought the exact same doors for my 166 (when I bought the W&B snakeskin). Agree, the Purple Ostrich is more of a grey-ish, dusty lavender on mine. Yeah, no more doors for me either... Matching drip tips, on the other hand... :lol:

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Isn’t WNYvapes still selling doors, and for a lot less than $50. There’s also a vendor on eBay that sells LV doors between $14.99-$19.99 who ships from the US. If I can find them I’ll come back and edit this with a link.

There are several places to get the doors in both silver and black frames for $15.99, with black frames being harder to find. The snakeskin doors are the ones that we were talking about in the post and those were, apparently, not supposed to be sold separately. Bush Viper is only available from the UK source at $29.99 less 10% for new customers, but the shipping is $20 to the US.

• Optimistic

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran