Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It seems to be working now, with the help I had from the good people on this thread [emoji5]

I loaded the new base ss316l profile, dialed in Watts at 35 and temp at 375 to start.

For this particular coil, 0.45 ohms, I know I would normally like it at around 24w in power mode.

I ended up settling in at 475f, with power at 28.

It's kind of cool to watch it dynamically changing the power to maintain the temp [emoji3]

Thanks again for the help! I may well end up back on my twisted kanthal 26, but it's nice to have working TC.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
It seems to be working now, with the help I had from the good people on this thread [emoji5]

I loaded the new base ss316l profile, dialed in Watts at 35 and temp at 375 to start.

For this particular coil, 0.45 ohms, I know I would normally like it at around 24w in power mode.

I ended up settling in at 475f, with power at 28.

It's kind of cool to watch it dynamically changing the power to maintain the temp [emoji3]

Thanks again for the help! I may well end up back on my twisted kanthal 26, but it's nice to have working TC.

Hey, you got it working, awesome!

I would still move the power up to 35-40W or so, that will make it ramp up to temp faster but more importantly it will ensure that you reach your set temp, just in case you nail the wicking perfect and as a result the atty wants to run at a higher power level but at the same temp. Remember, the mod will increase power with either more airflow OR more juice at the wick. Just say'n.:)

Btw, it is not unusual for you to have to run 475°f to get a warm vape because of manufacturing metallurgical differences in the SS wire we buy from multiple sources. As long as you are confident that your cold/base res is correct and your vape isn't hot or burny you're golden.:thumbs:

Reactions: markfm

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
After playing with it, I've ended up dropping temp to 465, increasing power to 30. It's heating quite quickly, then maintaining temp at a notably reduced power.

This is like night and day compared to when I tried it with the pre-loaded 316l data. That was just weird. One of the mods must have had data for something that changes temp really fast with resistance, as it vaped cool even with the power at 60 and the temp as high as 495.

I have 10m of the wire I'm using now, and consistent on builds. I may stay with this on the squonker, though keep kanthal on the SDNA (I flip tanks between the SDNA and mechs; my standard build is optimum for me when a mech is at 3.7v, which they generally reach pretty fast)

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Man , I'm a little late to this thread and it appears I missed a whole bunch of info by skipping posts.
I have Therion BF coming and I have no clue about using a DNA75.
I'm a mech user :danger: , so I have to be schooled a bit.
Time to read the whole thread,,,,,:sneaky::shock::sneaky:

This thread may be more helpful for the DNA75.
Evolv DNA 75

Evolv has some good threads on their site as well.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
To get started, the Therion works beautifully in Watts mode (VW). Even though I finally got functional temperature control (TC), due to the help of the good people here, at the end of the day I switched back to my normal kanthal coil in VW [emoji5]. Twisted kanthal simply does the trick for me, takes no thought.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
To get started, the Therion works beautifully in Watts mode (VW). Even though I finally got functional temperature control (TC), due to the help of the good people here, at the end of the day I switched back to my normal kanthal coil in VW [emoji5]. Twisted kanthal simply does the trick for me, takes no thought.

It's all good Mark, TC is just one of the ways to get our vape on. :thumb: SS is not the best wire to TC with anyway, Ti and NiFe resistance wires are much more accurate but SS has been popularized by its low cost and ability to be used easily in TC mode or power mode. At least you gave it a try and you certainly have one of the world's best mods for TC in case you ever want to switch back. :thumbs:

Reactions: markfm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread