Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Here's a couple of more pictures I took of the Triade DNA250 today

IMG_20161014_151959_zpsk3tq41bh.jpg
IMG_20161014_152031_zpskjsya1qf.jpg

IMG_20161014_151625_zpskcrp0kxk.jpg

@AtmizrOpin The last picture is for you. It just finished charging and every time I looked at it, it was charging between 1.94-2.0 amps. It worked just fine. I'm using V1.2 SP4, the charging source is an Anker Power Port10

Cheers,
Steve

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
1. Well if you are talking about a RX2/3 like Triade. Never. If you are talking about LV releasing a new 2 cell DNA250 device, they just released a 133w device called the Therion 133. Which is a variation of their original Therion (a parallel Dual battery DNA75 device). There are rumors of the and some evidence that they are going to update that (which they only just started shipping at the end of last month). My guess would be December at the earliest but early 2017 would be the better guess.
2. A DNA200/250 device won't and can't have the problems the RX has. It made originally to use with multi cell Lipos that absolutely have to discharged and charged evenly. The most you will see any cell deviate is .01v and probably only during charging.

Thanks for the answers. Glad to know the issues with the Rx aren't present in the DNA.

I saw the therion 133 but also read about the dual battery therion 160 that may be coming out. I was really interested in the 2 amp charging. The therion looks gorgeous and was seriously thinking about getting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
After Getting a Triad 200 I love it so much I just bought a Triad 250, great price too.... $12 more than the 200, so does any reputable vendor have the battery doors in stock in the U.S yet? I can not wait to get the 250. I went with the Purple Ostrich, also will the regular evolve software work with the 250 also or do I need to reload the evolve site?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
After Getting a Triad 200 I love it so much I just bought a Triad 250, great price too.... $12 more than the 200, so does any reputable vendor have the battery doors in stock in the U.S yet? I can not wait to get the 250. I went with the Purple Ostrich, also will the regular evolve software work with the 250 also or do I need to reload the evolve site?
I'm not sure which version of Escribe you are running so I'll post the one you need. This is the latest one - it works on all the Evolv DNA chips. They also have a SP4 service pack available (it's an add on) for the 250. No worries though because my Triade 250 already came with 1.2 SP4 so I didn't need to update it.
[RECOMMENDED]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 60 Small Screen, 75, 200, and 250.

Here is the SP4 update/add on. You still need the above ^^^, this just adds to it.
[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP4 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP4_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the EScribe side:
- This resolves some scaling issues in Large Fonts mode / on high-DPI screens.
- Get Information shows which tests were actually performed by the manufacturer in Production Utility.
- Get Information's Manufacturer link did not work in 1.2 SP3. This has been fixed.
- When you had more than one DNA device connected, the auto-connect did not automatically select the new one in the Connect dialog. This has been fixed.
- Minor compatibility and bug fixes.

On the device side:
- Fixed a bug on the DNA 250 that could cause its charging to be slow with certain USB cables (in my tests, the problem cables were flat).

Other:
- For DNA 250, Production Utility now requires charge tests to be at least 900 mA. This may require a powered USB hub.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

jmercury1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
ny
I'm not sure which version of Escribe you are running so I'll post the one you need. This is the latest one - it works on all the Evolv DNA chips. They also have a SP4 service pack available (it's an add on) for the 250. No worries though because my Triade 250 already came with 1.2 SP4 so I didn't need to update it.
[RECOMMENDED]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)
This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
- Most windows are no longer modal.
- In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
- This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
- Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
- You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
- You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
- You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 60 Small Screen, 75, 200, and 250.

Here is the SP4 update/add on. You still need the above ^^^, this just adds to it.
[EARLY]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP4 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP4_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the EScribe side:
- This resolves some scaling issues in Large Fonts mode / on high-DPI screens.
- Get Information shows which tests were actually performed by the manufacturer in Production Utility.
- Get Information's Manufacturer link did not work in 1.2 SP3. This has been fixed.
- When you had more than one DNA device connected, the auto-connect did not automatically select the new one in the Connect dialog. This has been fixed.
- Minor compatibility and bug fixes.

On the device side:
- Fixed a bug on the DNA 250 that could cause its charging to be slow with certain USB cables (in my tests, the problem cables were flat).

Other:
- For DNA 250, Production Utility now requires charge tests to be at least 900 mA. This may require a powered USB hub.

Cheers,
Steve
by the way steve you always give the best info. and thoses pictures really capture the beauty of the device. thanks again everyone.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Impossible for me to know. I've had mine for almost two weeks and so far it looks pristine.

The paint wasn't a problem for everyone on the 200 (I'd say it wasn't a problem for most people). I don't know if there was a bad batch or if some are just tougher on their equipment than others.

I have a few Hcigar VT133's. One is my work/beater mod. The paint on the bottom has mostly worn off and a little on the edges. I've used the heck out of it so it's to be expected imo. My other ones that I don't use like that are still fine. Still the one that's beat up works as good as the day I got it which is what's really important.

I use my mods as a tool to not smoke. If they work but lose some paint it's mission accomplished. If they don't work good but look pretty it's a failure. The way I look at things is, If I want something pretty to look at, I'll buy a painting!

PS If I bought two things from a company that I was unhappy with, I wouldn't buy a third. Since you weren't happy with your Triade 200's, why would you be considering buying a 250?

Cheers,
Steve

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
Impossible for me to know. I've had mine for almost two weeks and so far it looks pristine.

The paint wasn't a problem for everyone on the 200 (I'd say it wasn't a problem for most people). I don't know if there was a bad batch or if some are just tougher on their equipment than others.

I have a few Hcigar VT133's. One is my work/beater mod. The paint on the bottom has mostly worn off and a little on the edges. I've used the heck out of it so it's to be expected imo. My other ones that I don't use like that are still fine. Still the one that's beat up works as good as the day I got it which is what's really important.

I use my mods as a tool to not smoke. If they work but lose some paint it's mission accomplished. If they don't work good but look pretty it's a failure. The way I look at things is, If I want something pretty to look at, I'll buy a painting!

PS If I bought two things from a company that I was unhappy with, I wouldn't buy a third. Since you weren't happy with your Triade 200's, why would you be considering buying a 250?

Cheers,
Steve

triade is the only dna board using triple 18650, besides reuleaux
i've had even a worse experience with reualeuxs dna200
i dont like lipo, so boss dna250 is out of the optionss.

i need 3x18650 for the battery life.
my Qclass always dying before dinner
but my triade will keep on going until bedtime

its kind of love hate situation
i love the battery life, but hate the paint quality...
i have more than a few friends who using triade dna200, and all of their paint were comes off rather easily..

just curious if they fix that paint job in the dna250, that's all...
still gonna get them no matter what
but if the paint job still sucks, i'll wait for some time, wait for the price to go down..
if they do better with their paint job, i'll go get them a.s.a.p they're available here..

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
triade is the only dna board using triple 18650, besides reuleaux
i've had even a worse experience with reualeuxs dna200
i dont like lipo, so boss dna250 is out of the optionss.

i need 3x18650 for the battery life.
my Qclass always dying before dinner
but my triade will keep on going until bedtime

its kind of love hate situation
i love the battery life, but hate the paint quality...
i have more than a few friends who using triade dna200, and all of their paint were comes off rather easily..

just curious if they fix that paint job in the dna250, that's all...
still gonna get them no matter what
but if the paint job still sucks, i'll wait for some time, wait for the price to go down..
if they do better with their paint job, i'll go get them a.s.a.p they're available here..
I'm not sure where here is. I'm in the USA and Ecig.com had the Triade DNA250 on sale for $111 and change shipped (USD). At that price, I bought two. Most places sell the DNA200 version for more than that. It was a great deal imo!

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
My second Triade DNA250 just came in. Here's a couple of pictures of both 250's if anyone is interested.
L to R Red Leather Triade DNA250, Purple Ostrich Leather Triade DNA250
IMG_20161024_164734_zps98qf8ux1.jpg

IMG_20161024_165220_zpsqmc0k8ik.jpg

With Flash
IMG_20161024_165111_zpsdls8ksxg.jpg

Without Flash - Not the greatest pictures but I was in a hurry
IMG_20161024_165051_zpss4bsenis.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
So it seems a lot of you charge your mod internally. I thought that was not recommended or does the Dna chip change that ?
The only mods I'll charge internally are DNA mods. The DNA board has a very good balanced charging board. My first DNA200 mods were all 3s Lipo's. You had to charge internally (some were hardwired the others would be a pain to remove to charge). I've never had an issue.

Forward to present where I now have 18650 DNA mods. The ones that the batteries are easy to remove I charge in my XTAR charger. The ones that aren't as easy to remove, I charge internally.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't worry about charging internally with a DNA mod. The DNA200 was designed with internal charging in mind since it was designed to use Lipos. You don't have to charge internally, but I don't see a problem with it if that's what you want to do.

Cheers,
Steve

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Of the DNA mods I have, I charge my Duo though the USB as I put the Lipo pack in it instead of the battery sled, and my VT75 which has a 26650 in it, but because of the funky battery door and threads I'd rather not mess with opening and closing every time I need to charge. With my Triade I charge in a Nitecore charger, and rotate in another matched set. I expect to do the same with the Therion which is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. All the batteries in my non-DNA mods are charged in the Nitecore.

BoostAddict

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2015
Virginia
I do take my battery cover off my Triade Dna 250 when charging through the USB. The 2 amp gets the 3-18650's warm when charging. All 3 of my Duo's have lipo pack installed now and get charged through the USB also. My Vt133's i use my LUC charger @ 1amp.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Have any of you put a 27 or 28mm rda/Rta on your device? If so how bad is the overhang?
My pictures have a 25mm Aromamizer Supreme on the Triade. I don't have any atomizers that are bigger. You can take a look at all the pics I've posted and get an idea.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Eskie

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Here's a few pictures I took for a friend of mine that was wondering how the Triade250 looks with a 22mm RTA on it. Excuse the way the Bellus looks. I haven't used it for awhile but I grabbed it because it's a solid 22mm. These were just quick pictures I took so they are not the greatest.

L to R Triade250 with 22mm Black Bellus, Triade250 with 25mm SS Aromamizer Supreme
IMG_20161027_173608_zpsdvyfm5dj.jpg

IMG_20161027_173429_zps931qxsyl.jpg

IMG_20161027_173456_zpsguac1pzh.jpg

IMG_20161027_173401_zpsql6q1y5u.jpg

IMG_20161027_173507_zpsi395tejo.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread