amdnikos

Oct 3, 2015

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
You know, when I first bought what I consider an expensive mod, I was ...... when the finish started coming off. I got a new mod from the vendor, but it had crunchy battery door threads.
I got some other mods over time and hated it when they got the first scratch.

Now? Eh, the finish has bubbled off the mod I vape from spilled juice, it has scratches, kinda looks like ..... But it vapes beautifully and all buttons work, display is flawless.

Just don't care anymore if the finish is screwed, only if the functional parts get bad. That's at or below $150, if I paid a premium price, I'd want and expect perfection in all things.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
So, I am expecting mine in the mail tomorrow. How's everyone's holding up so far?
My two Triades still look and work as good as the day I got them (for that matter all my LV mods do). Here's a picture I just took on Friday of some of my Lost Vape mods

L to R: Duo, Therion 166, Two Triade 250's with a couple of extra battery doors
IMG_20170106_105824_zpstw27nhkj.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I've had the Therion since the first week of July...bought it as a birthday gift to myself. The finish is still good, with the only finish wear happening on the bottom ridge of the battery door. Other than that small issue, it's perfect. On Friday, I ordered the Triade DNA250, and hope that the finish wears as well as the Therion has.

I always have two mods with me...the Therion and an RX200s. I've had the RX since the 200S a week after they released the 200S, and it's been giving me some problems over the last two weeks. It's as if the settings change for a few pulls, then goes back to the way it's supposed to be. The final straw was when it burned my cotton...I vape in TC, and this is the first time I've burned cotton since switching over to TC. I've searched for a used Triade in my area over the past months, but haven't found one that I've been willing to part with cash for. With the RX acting up, I finally pulled the trigger on a new one.

I can't wait for it to get here...

xXxelis_prxXx

Jun 14, 2016
My two Triades still look and work as good as the day I got them (for that matter all my LV mods do). Here's a picture I just took on Friday of some of my Lost Vape mods

L to R: Duo, Therion 166, Two Triade 250's with a couple of extra battery doors

Cheers,
Steve

You should sell me that black efusion duo [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
You should sell me that black efusion duo [emoji7][emoji7]

Let me think about it.... Ok, I'm done thinking, I decided I'll keep it :D:lol:.

That's funny you should say that. I'm running the case analyzer on my Therion 166 and decided to use the Duo while it's running. Great minds and all :)

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Eskie

xXxelis_prxXx

Jun 14, 2016
Let me think about it.... Ok, I'm done thinking, I decided I'll keep it :D:lol:.

That's funny you should say that. I'm running the case analyzer on my Therion 166 and decided to use the Duo while it's running. Great minds and all :)

Cheers,
Steve

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I have one but I don't mind have to duo's

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
Well, somehow, they sent the wrong one. I ordered red leather and purple ostrich was sent. So, to fix it, I bought a red leather cover for the Triade and a purple ostrich one for the Therion. If mine starts with paint issues, I'll get it stripped down and send it out for powder coating, which should be stronger.

images

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
How is the finish holding????? That got me thinking I really like it but I don't want it to peal off in a month or so

Both of mine still look as good as the day I bought them (I've had them for about 3 months now - see the 1st post in the thread).
This picture was taken about a week ago.

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
That's nice, I read a couple people complaining about it maybe the first gen ? Is the one with the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a first gen Triade 200 and sold it when I noticed a couple of spots were the paint bubbled a little, had it for a few months. I have had my new Triade 250 for maybe 3 weeks but the finish looks better and I have used it everyday. All they had to do was change the prep process before applying the paint. I am thinking they learned an corrected since I have not noticed anyone complaining on the paint for the new 250

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
When my red leather door comes in, I plan on hitting it with some glove conditioner that I have. I have used it twice in the past 6 months on the Therion, and like the results. I'm hoping that it darkens it enough, and picks up enough dirt, to match the Therion. I have neuropathy and have really come to appreciate the leather, as I'm less prone to dropping these than I was my RX mods. They've been temporarily retired while I put the 250 through it's paces.

Something to note...I can finally vape my tank dry in TC (SS316L build) without charring the cotton. This has quickly become a very welcome change to the way I've been vaping. My first TC mod was the Sigelei 150TC, which really lacked in TC mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread