Low ohm reading on tfv8 coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn j

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2017
Hello all. I recently purchased 3 replacement tfv8 t4 coils for my baby beast tank .I'm using it on the smok alien (bought as kit). I tried 1 coil and the screen had "low ohm" reading on screen. It was fully soaked etc.
What could be the problem or are they just duds which I bought from a site in china which I won't name for now.

Thanks.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Factory coils are cranked out by the thousands, a bad one is bound to slip through now and then. Low ohm probably means you have a short somewhere. If the others work as expected and it's just the one that is bad, I wouldn't worry too much about it, just toss that one and move on; likely, the actual coil inside isn't sitting right and the wire is touching up against the metal canister that holds it. If the other coils do it too, you might have to trouble-shoot the tank itself for a short somewhere, or even try another tank to make sure it's not the mod that's the problem.

Reactions: Glenn j

Glenn j

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2017
If that sites initials are FT then they are duds. I had two pks of TFV12 coils (clones) that all read 0.0 ohms. They had a bad run I guess. Shame since most of there stuff is fine
That's the one dc99. Yeah I've bought 2 mods and they were fine. I. Waiting on a 5 pack of eleaf coils for a melo 3 tank and hope it's not the same with them although the packaging on the website shows they are eleaf.here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread