Low Profile Squonk RDTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I am looking for a low profile RDTA with BF pin. Anyone help me please?

I am using Hadaly RDA on DNA squonker. I often over drip on it when not enough time to vape long and put it in my pocket, then spill the juice in my pocket which is not comfortable. So I thought it is easy to see if there is a tank to catch the juice like RDTA does, hence no over dripping.

I have done some research on the net and found Cthulhu GAIA RDTA which is Okay but I want it to be a little shorter. Would anyone know any other squonk RDTA to suit my needs?

I would like it to be:
1. shorter than GAIA RDTA with BF pin
2. preferably single coil deck or single coil option
3. enough clamp hole size to hold SS clapton wire
4. enough air hole to cool down 0.3 to 0.4ohm SS clapton wire
5. I don't need much tank size because you know it's squonker

I am new to TC mode with SS 316L clapton wire, but use it most of the time now.
Any comment is appreciated. Thank you.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
Reactions: Letitia

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
The GAS nixon is pretty new yes, I have it on the way to me, can tell you more once it arrives
Please let me know especially about the air hole on Nixon. There are none on the picture, probably hidden somewhere. Also if you can adjust the air flow I would like to know. Thank you.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
The Flave tank is also pretty low profile (24 mm though). I have that and a couple of pindads. Both great attys for squonking.
Oh, the Flave tank also look good and it is a single coil deck. I have no problem with 24mm because most of my mods are 24 or 25. Thank you.

I have already ordered SS Ultem version and Black version of Pindads yesterday.:D I might as well order this too. ah, looking at the price I will wait for another month or so because I have been buying too many recently.:p

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Please let me know especially about the air hole on Nixon. There are none on the picture, probably hidden somewhere. Also if you can adjust the air flow I would like to know. Thank you.

I'll let you know....but about the air hole: you open it by turning the top cap, the topcap will lift and expose the airhole, that is also how you adjust it:

Reactions: AkiraFZ

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I'll let you know....but about the air hole: you open it by turning the top cap, the topcap will lift and expose the airhole, that is also how you adjust it:

Thank you. Air hole like this and bottom air flow on the deck, this can be a good flavor atty. I will wait your comment once you get hold of what you ordered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: drugarth

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Thank you. Air hole like this and bottom air flow on the deck, this can be a good flavor atty. I will wait your comment once you get hold of what you ordered.

I just received mine, and I am very pleased....building is easy, airflow is from mtl to a quite decent restricted lung, flavor is good, pretty quiet no wisheling
I love the rdta aspect in combination with squonking, makes using it very easy, no more over/under squonking!
Really like the clean looks, here it is next to a regular rdta (avocado 24) and my smallest rta (serpent alto). And the black one is alreay in use on my squonker :)
I recommend it, I just ordered me another one, also have a clear and black peek cap on the way.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I just received mine, and I am very pleased....building is easy, airflow is from mtl to a quite decent restricted lung, flavor is good, pretty quiet no wisheling
I love the rdta aspect in combination with squonking, makes using it very easy, no more over/under squonking!
Really like the clean looks, here it is next to a regular rdta (avocado 24) and my smallest rta (serpent alto). And the black one is alreay in use on my squonker :)
I recommend it, I just ordered me another one, also have a clear and black peek cap on the way.

Thank you drugarth for the nice review!
You have explained everything I need to know and I can see how short it is in this photo.
I will definitely order one for me, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: drugarth

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I finally got my Pindads! Thank you all for great help.
I am still waiting for the Nixon to arrive.
IMG_0752.jpg

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I finally got my Pindads! Thank you all for great help.
I am still waiting for the Nixon to arrive.
View attachment 689815

very interested in the Pindads, thinking of buying a set (black and SS).....are they good? did you receive your Nixon's...and if so: how do they compare? Any info would be appreciated!

Reactions: AkiraFZ

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
very interested in the Pindads, thinking of buying a set (black and SS).....are they good? did you receive your Nixon's...and if so: how do they compare? Any info would be appreciated!

Yes, I have received the Nixon 3 days ago. Thank you for your help.
I didn't have much time to play around with these attys yet. But here is what I found so far.

Nixon is Okay but I found it is noisy because of the small airflow covered by the top cap and the airflow to me is not enough. I always tried to open the airflow more that will end up dismantling the cap witch is a bit annoying.

Pindads is a 22mm atty and the coil is very close to the side of top cap so it easily gets hot. I tried dual plain coils and a single clapton coil, I feel the single clapton is cooler. The flavor is fairly good but not the best, I think a little higher you set the coil is better. Air flow is good amount (a little restricted) and quiet, I like this quiet part. As I said, it gets hot easily, I am planing to order $8 Non SS top cap because of the heat I get to my lips even with ULTEM SHUFF CAP. If you are using longer drip tip you should be no problem. But we want low profile don't we?

If you are ordering black, you should ask them to put a clear tube because you can not see the liquid through the dark tube that come with black Pindads. I e-mailed and asked them right after I put order if they can add it, they added clear tube with the shipping free of charge. That was nice.

That is as much as I can tell right now @drugarth. Hope this help.

2017-10-15_13-10-53_422.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread