low resistance extra long micro usb cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Im lookin for a couple. I know to stay away from el cheapos because they have high internal resistance and will only charge devices at a max around 500 mah when i need cables that do 1000. I also have to get long longs, 5 ft at least, 6 would probably work real well. From reading i need 28/24 gauge wires but i cant seem to find them in longer sizes. I know its made harder by the fact that longer wires will have more resistance. Any help yall? The cheaper the better.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It's actually on computer duty right now. I use common cables to charge my 1A Istick30. And they work well.

I've almost always used USB charged PV's and the only difference I've ever noticed was a slower charge from an innokin paper-thin retractable type cable.

I'd think a restrictive wall adapter would cause more problems than a cable. The needs of our PV's are usually lower than a phone or tablet.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I just checked my big thick one and it's "Amazon Basics". 6ft I don't know the specs on it tho. I just ordered them for the length and it came that thick.

The Amazon Basics wall plugs are junk tho.

A lot of Amazon Basics stuff is junk.

I bought AAA batteries and their life span was about half of Panasonic of Duracell.

I also got a protective cover for my iPod touch 4th gen and the AB cover was 1/32 too long and my iPod touch would not stay in.

I don't buy AB products any more.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    A lot of Amazon Basics stuff is junk.

I bought AAA batteries and their life span was about half of Panasonic of Duracell.

I also got a protective cover for my iPod touch 4th gen and the AB cover was 1/32 too long and my iPod touch would not stay in.

I don't buy AB products any more.

Yeah, I'll probably look at Belkin or Anker on there nextime. Thought they'd have higher standards if they put their name on it. Guess not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread