Low vapour production from an ego type battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeViv

Sep 27, 2015
Hi again everyone,

I started out with a cig-a-like with a clearomizer but decided to upgrade to a variable voltage (1000 mAh) ego type battery but it turns out I'm getting less vapour from it than I am from my little cig-a-like. I've been playing with the voltage but this hasn't made it better. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening? I'm using either the clearomizer that came with the kit or a glass tank (both 1.8 oms, double coil bottom feeder), with the same disappointing results. Here are the links to the hardware I'm using in case it helps.

http://www.vaporfi.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporfi-pro-ii-starter-kit-colors.html

http://www.vaporfi.com/accessories/tanks/vaporfi-platinum-ii-tank.html

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I should mention I'm using the same e-juice (70PG/30VG) in both the cig-a-like and the ego

EDIT: Just realised it's actually single coils... Don't know where I'd gotten the idea that they were double...

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hang in there. The device is a good starter pen style. I suggest that you call Vaporfi and ask for customer service. Explain your problem. There could be many things wrong, such as, VG content of your juice to malfunction of device. Vaporfi folks are the experts when it comes to their devices.
Many folks may knock your purchase choice. I started out with a similar design. I found that over time, this device did not delivered all that I wanted for my perfect vape. I have no idea how long you have owned this device so, please, contact Vaporfi.

If you have any additional questions just hit "like" at bottom right hand corner and I will get back to this thread.

Reactions: KentA

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
That machine should perform far beyond a cig-a-like.
1st contact VaporFi like BBob said.
If you don't get satisfaction there, & if there is a vape shop in your area, or if you have access to a multimeter, check the voltage of your VaporFi. You probably don't have 2 bad atomizers, so I suspect a bad connection or a bad battery.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Vaporfi? Says it all.

Get your "full satisfaction guaranteed" refund and get out of there for ever.

Now, some people might say $48 is no longer the total rip-off it was, say, a year ago. ($99 for a $29 e-cig) but ultimately the game has not change with this so-called "top rated brand" of e-cigs.

You can ask them what is going on, but I implore you not to get involved with them any more than necessary. We all make mistakes; I made plenty. Expecting to get anything halfway honest out of such a company sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

- -

My opinion f.w.i.w is that the battery is not powerful enough for the tank. Putting an outdated $12 tank on a weak battery is not going to do it.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Hang in there. The device is a good starter pen style. I suggest that you call Vaporfi and ask for customer service. Explain your problem. There could be many things wrong, such as, VG content of your juice to malfunction of device. Vaporfi folks are the experts when it comes to their devices.
    Actually it looks to me that Kanger is the experts when it comes to the rebranded or copied devices Vaporfi sells, except that would be Aspire for some of it like the Rebel tank -- and likewise there's many here experienced with these types. It's a little hard to keep track of the models since they're all renamed though.

Looking here: http://www.vaporfi.com/accessories/atomizers-cartomizers/pro-atomizer-heads/
    The left one is a Kanger style single coil, the right is dual coil. The single coils require a low voltage in my experience. 3.7 V max., 3.5 V typical, less with the 1.8 ohm coil. Running them (or any other) too hard will produce more vapor at first, then burning taste followed by premature loss of vapor. They are not a lot higher output than a cigalike but they are somewhat. Adjustability of the battery is important, but almost all should have enough power.

Reactions: djsvapour

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    At 1.8 ohms resistance you will need your voltage turned up to around 4.8 to 5.2 volts or higher. Make sure that you have the atomizer tightened down good and that your batteries are fully charged. If you have a local vape shop they will probably be able to help you with the set-up and troubleshooting your device and tank. If you have done that and it is still not working then contact the manufacturer as you most likely have a faulty battery.
    If you are chain vaping, you would probably get more satisfaction and longer battery life out of a regulated box mod. Something like an Istick 30 or Kanger Subox mini or nano would probably suit you and your style of vaping. I love my kanger subox mini with the subtank mini tank and the coils come in 1.5, 1.2 and .5. Also it takes a 18650 battery, so you can have a charged battery at the ready to switch out when needed or use the USB cable for pass thru Vaping while charging. I get 2-3 weeks on a .5 ohm coil

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Thanks everyone, I do think I might have gotten a bad battery. It doesn't seem to last very long. How long should I get of a battery like this when chain vaping?

It might be 100% perfect or a less than acceptable standard of battery. If the Protank has dual coils (it might, it might not, I doubt the people that sold it to you care either way) it will be a weak vape and yes, also drain the battery.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.
    Hi again everyone,

I started out with a cig-a-like with a clearomizer but decided to upgrade to a variable voltage (1000 mAh) ego type battery but it turns out I'm getting less vapour from it than I am from my little cig-a-like. I've been playing with the voltage but this hasn't made it better. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening? I'm using either the clearomizer that came with the kit or a glass tank (both 1.8 oms, double coil bottom feeder), with the same disappointing results. Here are the links to the hardware I'm using in case it helps.

http://www.vaporfi.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporfi-pro-ii-starter-kit-colors.html

http://www.vaporfi.com/accessories/tanks/vaporfi-platinum-ii-tank.html

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I should mention I'm using the same e-juice (70PG/30VG) in both the cig-a-like and the ego

pulling out my EGO battery (I still use one occasionally) This is about the vapor production you should be getting:

jJbBXRX.jpg

The device I am using is pretty close to what you're using. It's a protank II on a 1300MaH ego battery.. it uses coils much like yours, and should output about the same power. If you're not getting about this much, then I suggest you contact VaporFi.. The only thing I can guess is the battery may not be putting out the full power. Also, make sure everything is cleaned.. contacts, atomizer, etc.

Pearl B

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    N.Az
    I gave up vaping in 2013 due to the type battery you have. Personally I just don't think that much of them.
    So many good devices now and cheap. You could get an iStick 30 for probably $30, that would outdue the ego battery all day long.
    Also with a high pg base liquid you will get less vapor. Good luck!

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
    Aug 26, 2015
    Northern VA
    VapeViv - I'm new to vaping too and I bought the same VaporFi pen - it never worked very well. I switched up to the Kanger emow mega which can be bought online for about $50, and looks exactly like (and probably is) VaporFi's Rocket. For context, VaporFi recently reduced their version of this device to $90 from $130.

VaporFi customer service folks are very nice, but their hardware is waaaaay overpriced. I had to upgrade to the Subox Mini starter kit to finally kick the smokes to the curb.

Good luck!

Reactions: danjaman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread