Status
Not open for further replies.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Lowest build was a couple days ago and a complete accident. Reached for the 28ga spool but grabbed the 26ga instead! [emoji50]

Was for a Hellboy rda and built dual parallels, came out to 0.17 ohms and that's when I realized I got the wrong size wire. Couldn't resist taking about a dozen hits before tearing it out, lol. Sonys didn't get warm and the REO spring held firm, but just don't feel safe running that close to the edge. I normally run between 0.3 and 0.4 ohms.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
How do you like your Rogue?

I bought two and now wish I had a couple more. I had to play with coil height a bit but love the airy draw with great flavor and decent clouds.I have one at 0.35 ohms and one at 0.6 ohms for different juices.

Reactions: supersport13

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Lowest I've gone on a single coil was .14 ohms, on an rm5, single double parallel coil. 4 wraps using 24g kanthal around 5/64 bit. Sony VTC5 battery, hot flavorful vape.

.35 ohms on my cyclone, single coil twisted 26g kanthal, 6 wraps around a 5/64 bit. Warm very flavorful vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, it's not the lowest build I've tried, but it's the lowest I've ENJOYED.
LOL

I goofed actually, and made this one wrap short of my typical build.
Any lower and for me it's too hot (or with a different atty would be too airy).
But this one's right at the edge for me with my Cyclone AFC/single-coil-but-both-airslots full open.
5 wraps slightly spaced, 1.8mm inner, 27g, 0.6 ohms.

pointsix.JPG

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
lowest ohm I've built is different than the lowest ohm I run. Lowest I tried was at .3 with dual 6 wrap around a ~1.7 mm screw 26 ga in one of my RM3s. What I normally run in the RM3 is dual 6 wrap 29 ga around a 1.8mm screw for .55. What I've been running lately and what I'll probably run from now on in the RM3 is dual 6 wrap 28 ga on a 2.0mm shaft for .6 ohms.

For my RM2s... I'm not real picky. Anything between .9 and 1.1 is fine. At .9, I like 26 ga on a 2.5mm shaft. At 1 or 1.1, either 29 or 28 ga is fine. I'll do the 29 on a 1.8mm screw or the 28 on a 2mm kuro shaft. ... I did, however, use jifjifjif's method for a couple of weeks with some parallel 28 on a q-tip shaft. I forgot what it came out to but I think it was maybe .6. I intend to experiment a little more with the parallels.

If I were still running an RM2 on my Grand, I'd probably do parallel 26 and take it down to around .4... but I'm not. One of my RM2s is damaged and the other one lives on my converted VVW so I doubt I'll ever decide to feel really froggy with it and see how low I can make it go.

Added

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've hit a comfort spot on the RM 5

Twisted 26 around a 1mm dowel it's around .28
I really like the RM 5 but I want something new to play around with RDA wise. The problem is I'm too impatient to wait on someone to mod me an atty lol. Too bad it wasn't just an option when buying any RDA.
1OG8dCn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread