LT-V10 vs. KR808D-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
I've just purchased the kr-808d-1, manufacturer date, 4-12-2009. This is one amazing e-cig. A good 6-7 seconds before cutoff. Lots of vapor and a very nice throat hit...and throat hits are very important to me! The carts last a good day for me, and I was a 1 to 1.5 pack a day smoker. The battery (the shorter one) lasts me 4-5 hours per charge. Do not confuse this model with the 2 piece designs that you can buy from Red Dragon or Green Smoke....as I have tried those. I'd say this KR is the same thing as the Vapor King or Nubula which other vendors are selling. When I get my Vapor King I'll be able to confirm that.

So after spending more money than I care to reveal, my 2 main e-cigs are the 501 with manual battery and the kr-808d-1. I use the 501 a lot at home because I have the time to reload juice when needed, and the KR goes with me when I'm out and about. I'll take an extra battery with me (and an extra cart just in case) and I'm good to go for the day. I am also reloading the KR with juice. I just drip it into the hole on the battery side of the cartridge. Very easy! I don't seem to get quite as much vapor as a stock cartridge, but it tastes better and I'm still getting a good throat it.

Sergey

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Checked out Loongtotem site. V10 and V11 - anyone bought one? Just wounder what's it like?
V11 looks interesting. On their site they don't have many pictures but I found it somewhere on the net. I wounder what the hell it is? Anyone?

China_New_Arrival_LoongTotem_Mini_E_cigarette_V11200812191130427.jpg

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Thanks Surgyelan, that sounds like it might become popular if it can compete with Loong Totem.

Just to confirm, you're talking about a KR808D-1 from Kanger?

Could you post a link to the place you bought it from for us?

Hi,

Couldn't resist letting you know that Vapor4Life.com (Steve) sells the KR808's. He calls them the 'Vapor King', and they are one great ecig. Steve gives excellent customer service, good products, and is always a pleasure to deal with.

Nhaler.com (Drew) also sells the KR808's, with the same type of customer service.

They have nothing but great reviews. Might give them a try. They are in the USA. :)

Last edited:

arms4defense

Oct 10, 2009
I got my Kr808d-1 from Nhaler.com last week. I absolutely love it. Nice vapor production, good throat hit, reasonably priced, and super fast shipping. The only downside I see is the price of the cartomizers. Also, it would've been nice to be able to choose flavor and strength of carts (the starter kit comes with high nicotine carts, tobacco flavor I think). I refill my carts which saves me alot. I still haven't used all five that came with it. And you have to consider that you are basically paying for atomizers and carts so it really isn't that bad. I do wish I could find a site that sold empty bulk cartomizers cheaper than the filled ones. I think there would be a good market for that.

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Empty bulk cartimizers would be a great idea but I do not think that will happen since Cartimizers are meant to be ready to use(Filled), disposable carts.

also does anyone know if the greencig and the vaporking carts are interchangable?

because vapor4life sells the greencig kit ($60) but does not specify what carts to buy for replacements.

thanks and Happy Vaping to ALL!!!

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR

cnimngrl

Feb 11, 2010
Kansas
OK, here are my measurements:

1. Cart duration: The cart lasts about 315 puffs that is easily a pack, slightly more. I used to take 2-3 sec inhalations into my mouth, on a Leaford 5 sec scale it would be obviously less. But, what is more important and obejective: the cart holds 0.74 g liquid (to compare: DSE-901 carts hold 0.42 g, M-410 holds just 0.26 g). By holding I mean refill capacity, so a completely empty and dry cart would hold more, but you don't usually refill completely dry carts anyway.
In my opinion, that's fairly acceptable.

One more thing about refilling: I've found a better way to fully refill the cart: remove white cap, remove silicone ring. Insert the silicone cork into the hole (thread side) and top up fully the cart (don't bother the inner hole). Let the liquid soak into the sponge for about half an hour, then pull out the cork, mop up any excess liquid from the battery side of the cart - and now you have a fully refilled cartridge.
I have refilled one cart 4 times so far with this technique, and it still works like a charm. I wonder if these "disposable" atomizers will last longer than the ordinary ones, which would be a shame.

2. Battery duration: The batteries last 300 puffs (with the above mentioned inhaling technique), that is pretty impressive (although just half as the advertised). No wonder, the battery is rather thick and long (longer than the DSE-910).

To sum up: so far, so good. The only weak point could be the switch in the battery, but for now that is just a speculation.

Oh, one more thing: the throat hit has improved a lot with my old favorite RS mint, but still not that stunning as I hoped.

A coworker of mine has an e cig that is exactly like a KR model. She too was having trouble with throat hit a bit. In another area of this forum I found a tip on that with this model. Add about 2 drops of water to your cart. Make sure the hole that you inhale through is clear. Let the water dispense throughout the fiber in the cart. This should help with TH and also maybe with vapor. It did on hers, and it works great now. I have ordered a KR automatic but because of the Chinese New Year it's taking forever to come in. I'm presently using an E8 from E cig but won't be using those anymore! The battery on them dies in no time at all, probably less than an hour. Great vapor and throat hit though. I have found that the propelyne (sp?) glycol based gets better TH while the VG based gets better vapor. Mix the two together and you are in business!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
If what you like is the cartomizer but aren't crazy about the battery you should be able to use a DSE901 battery with it or another battery and an adapter to a 901.

And crashtestjeep posted this video for easy refilling of cartomizers.
YouTube - A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin.

It looks so easy I'm beginning to think about cartomizers.

ETA: To clarify, Leaford made the video. It's informative and easy to follow. CTJ posted a link to it over in the Thagbuilt subforum which is how I learned about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread