LUC V4 Charger, charging two different brands of 18650s in parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
This is something im about 99 percent sure is OK to do but wanted to make sure. On the left side can I put some purple Efest batteries in parallel... and then on the right charge some Sony VTC5s in parallel?

As long as the different batteries arent "married" and touching it should be alright? There is a divider type thing in the middle of the LUC V4....

Im actually mostly satisfied with the Sony VTC5 but was thinking of buying some Efest as well for longer vaping times since I dont go up to super high wattage right now anyway. Just would like to charge all 4 batteries once a week, but LMK is this safe to do?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    It's perfectly safe. You can even have four different batteries, at different voltages, and it's no problem. All four chargers are independent of each other. I've had batteries from four different companies all charging at the same time.

The Efests are, mostly, ok 20A batteries with moderate capacity. If you're around 60W or less I recommend the LG HG2 3000mAh battery. A proven 20A performer with high capacity (mAh).

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Not particularly a fan of Efest (They over-rate their mah and amp specs).

I agreed with Mooch about the LG HG2 3000 mah batteries. Great battery for the right application.

High-quality-lg-hg2-inr-18650-battery.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mooch

Chris863

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2015
    Florida
    I really appreciate the replies.... I researched chargers and the LUC V4 wasnt badly reviewed honestly was a great price too so thanks for that youtube link as well. Ill definitely look into those brown LG batteries then instead of the efests.... this is for a sigelei 150w box and my sony vtc5s actually give me about 3-4 days until they get to around 50 percent which is when I always charge.... but yea have to price those LGs sure they're quite inexpensive maybe as cheap as the Sonys I got back in February.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread