Lung problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboy_tron

Apr 23, 2017
Vg is very thick and can cause what you describe. Happened to me also. I use a 50/50 mix of pg/vg to make my juice. And now I vape almost non stop with no problems.

Not many can vape 100% vg.
Well I did use distilled water with it, but I don't think its the vaping it might if the pain is still there tomorrow I might go check up with the dr just to be sure.
Thanks though

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well I did use distilled water with it, but I don't think its the vaping it might if the pain is still there tomorrow I might go check up with the dr just to be sure.
Thanks though
Seeing a dr is always a good idea. So what really is your question? If you are questioning the vg itself, if the bottle says USP then its ok to use in ejuice.

Bigboy_tron

Apr 23, 2017
Seeing a dr is always a good idea. So what really is your question? If you are questioning the vg itself, if the bottle says USP then its ok to use in ejuice.
My question was if it was possible to get an aching lung from glycerin but you answered it.
But for info it does not say USP, Its a medical glycerin and the brand is CARE+.
But I have a felling that it could be from an external injury eg. gym since it is a localised pain in the middle right part of my chest.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I would advise a trip to a Walk Medical Facility or an ER from what you are saying. First off your not sure what you used was even safe to vape and chest pains for 3 days is nothing to take a chance with. Hopefully they say it is a pulled muscle but seriously this is the wrong place to look for a diagnosis.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Moved this to New Members from Simple Solutions

Simple Solutions is to assist the Beginning Vaper with getting started.

Medical concerns need to be addressed with your physician, not on an e-cigarette forum.
Chest pains should never be ignored.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Moved this to New Members from Simple Solutions

Simple Solutions is to assist the Beginning Vaper with getting started.

Medical concerns need to be addressed with your physician, not on an e-cigarette forum.
Chest pains should never be ignored.
I think it's good though to ask if certain symptoms someone suspects might be related to vaping, since others here might have had that issue. In this case I agree seeing a doctor is wise.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
From what I can find, Care+ Glycerin is the equivalent of USP grade. Here's a thread where it was discussed in the past - IS this Glycerin safe to vape ?

VG in higher percentages gives me a heaviness in my chest that I can't tolerate, but no pain. Good luck solving this!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
From what I can find, Care+ Glycerin is the equivalent of USP grade. Here's a thread where it was discussed in the past - IS this Glycerin safe to vape ?

VG in higher percentages gives me a heaviness in my chest that I can't tolerate, but no pain. Good luck solving this!
Same here so glad people ask so we can let them know. In this case with pain in the chest the advice to see a doctor is appropriate.

Reactions: Opinionated

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I'm all for the "See a doctor" part... I was vaping 90%VG (hence username) and I started to feel like I was smoking again. Heavy chest, congestion, runny nose, it was bad. I could feel something in the chest, not sure if it was pain or not. (I have herniated discs in my back/neck so definition of pain is relative.)

I changed to 50/50 and it all went away. 50/50 isn't as fun though, so you end up vaping less. Don't have to clean the windows as often either.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Sup, I'm new but I have a urgent question.
3 days ago I bought gycerin from a pharmacy, it said the 100% glycol vv.
Since 3 days I have an "ache" in the middle of my chest, no other symptoms.
It's still here 3 days after and I'm starting to get worried.
Could it be to do with the vape or something else?
Welcome and glad you joined. PG or VG intake can cause severe medical problems for a small percentage of the population. Please stop vaping and seek medical help.
Might like to read:
In particular --V5. Intolerance to e-liquid ingredients
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Reactions: Opinionated

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I've never got an actual pain, when I was up to 20+ ML a day I did get what I'd call "Heavy Lung" where I'd have a very slight shortness in breath, my mix at the time was max vg, VG nic, Vg, and 5% flavoring so pretty close to pure VG, it would always go away if I stopped vaping for a couple hours (body absorbed the glycerin)..

FYI if it say 100% V/V it's 100% Glycerin and definitely should be safe for vaping..

How much are you vaping a day? How long did you smoke? Either way go see a doctor and ask for a chest x-ray.. When you look at the xray, feel your colar bone, follow your ribs down until you get to the spot and look at what you see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread