Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Drew, I am loving my Orange!

I couldn't use it last night because I had to pull an all-nighter and had to stay awake. I was worried about the relaxing properties you mentioned.

Great vapor and a VERY smooth taste. I actually could vape this all day, so I'm glad you mentioned not to. I plan on doing 2-3 carts per night before bed. I figured it could stay in the lungs un-diluted longer that way.

Just so you know, I was a 3 ppd smoker for 40 years. My Dr told me I had already lost 30% of lung function. While I realize this will not replenish that, I feel like I'm doing something good for them for a change instead of torturing them further.

Thank you again for this trial. I can tell you already that if you decide to continue to make this, I will definitely be a customer.

I also wanted to ask what other herbs you have that may be added?

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
OOH There ya go Anglvapin he can mix it in Pina Coladda!!!

Ummm... that was like so uncalled for! LOL

I've only tried one other Pina Colada flavor and I hated it, lol. Not one I would have picked for myself but I'm glad you did. Your pina colada tastes very good :)

Ahhh, you give me hope! I got some Pina Colada one time (at band camp) and it was great... so I ordered a whole bunch. Holy Bejeezuz... I swear it was like vaping my perfume! Totally disgusting. So... I thought it was just me and I sent some to my friend Truckdrivingmouse and he is not my friend anymore! LOL Yeah, it was THAT bad!

The moral of this story.. Drew, I need some Pina Colada that is good... all in the name of redeeming my friend! LOL ;)

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Nite,
I am currently thinking about adding Cordyceps, which is highly acclaimed ...However it is a fungus, and it does not dilute well...I currently cycle it in a tea, 3 months on, 3 months off, for a total of 6 months a year, but Im not sure Im going to be able to find a vapable form

Wow, Cordyceps sounds as though it could provide some great benifits!

From Cordyceps Benefits

Enhancing and strengthening of the immune system. Cordyceps is supposed to increase the number of the Natural Killer Cells, which are responsible for the body defense against viruses and bacteria. Some trials show that the fungus works effectively in the leukemia stricken individuals.

Improving the respiratory function. Cordyceps shows good results in fighting against cough, chronic bronchitis and asthma, since it relaxes bronchial walls and has anti-inflammatory properties.

Enhancing cellular oxygen uptake. This benefits all the body systems, giving them more energy and vitality.

Benefiting vascular system by improving circulation, regulating blood pressure, and strengthening the heart muscle.
Protecting liver and kidneys. Cordyceps improves blood flow to these organs (as well as to the others), which results in their better activity and ability to fight the diseases, including Hepatitis and chronic kidney disease.

Another interesting read here: Bronchitis - ABC Homeopathy Forum Used as a homeopathic treatment for bronchitis.

Prescription:
a. Cordyceps (Dong Chong Xia Cao) Traditionally cordyceps has been employed for purported benefits to the heart, and respiration, for its energy-boosting effects, and for anti-aging purposes. Remarkably, modern science is verifying all of these uses, and more. In human cardiovascular studies, use of cordyceps lowered serum triglycerides and cholesterol overall, and increased beneficial HDL levels. Cordyceps enhances nutritional blood supply to the organs and extremities, specifically increases blood supply to the brain, and defends the heart against stress.

Cordyceps boosts respiration and the body’s use of oxygen, and helps to improve cases of chronic asthma and bronchitis. Cordyceps also possesses antioxidants which ...... cellular destruction, and demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity. As if that weren’t enough, cordyceps further helps to protect the liver and kidneys against damage.

b.This Chinese herbal remedy will calm the Lung, eliminates phlegm, and stops cough. It is used to treat respiratory ailments such as asthma, bronchitis, and coughs. This herb will help you fight Asthma, Bronchitis and Chronic or acute cough with production of abundant phlegm.

I know vaping it may proove different than ingesting, but who knows, maybe not? ...Count me in!

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I've been interested in the benifits of herbal remedies for years. That's why I jumped on Drew's offer so fast.

I noticed when I first started vaping and looking at different suppliers from China, that a few of them offered liquid vitamins, but not herbs. Strange to me because there are some great herbs from China.

Drew has connected the missing link for me and I'm excited to see what he comes up with next. I think he's got a great thing going here!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Thanks Nitewriter for all the good info. Hope Drew can come up with a vapable form of Cordyceps. I'll be one of the first purchasers of it :).

Thanks for caring about improving our health Drew, it's greatly appreciated.

Ditto Peaches. Very interesting stuff. Seems Drew is always cookin' up something new :)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
For centuries, Reishi has been known as a cardiotonic herb. It was prescribed routinely to those with a "knotted and tight chest" symptoms consistent with both stress and/or coronary artery disease-related angina. Researchers in China found that Reishi improved the blood flow and lowered oxygen consumption in the heart muscle.(3) Similar results were also found by Japanese scientists.(1,4 ) They found that Reishi contains ganoderic acids (which belong to a group of natural substances called "triterpenes") which lower high blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and inhibit platelet aggregation (the clumping together of blood cells), which can lead to heart attacks and other circulation problems. In fact, Reishi's triterpenes are so important that in Japan they are used to determine Reishi's quality and authenticity.

In a six-month clinical trial performed in a university hospital in Tokyo, nearly half (47.5%) of 53 hypertensive patients lowered their blood pressure by 10-19 mmHg, and 10% of the subjects dropped their pressures 20-29 mmHg (both systolic and diastolic readings) after taking Reishi extract.1 Similar results were observed in a Chinese clinical trial without any side-effects.(1) Another large Reishi study in China found that low density lipoprotein (LDL the harmful cholesterol) levels dropped in 68% of 90 patients following only one to four months of Reishi use.

Recently, Russian scientists have taken an interest in Reishi. They found that in addition to all the cardiovascular benefits mentioned above, Reishi showed a significant preventive and therapeutic action against plaque build-up ("plaque" is a fatty goo which is comprised of a combination of oxidized cholesterol, calcium, and degenerated white blood cells ["foam cells"]. It is deposited on the walls of arteries which restricts blood flow by narrowing the passage within arteries resulting in atherosclerosis).

Reishi is commonly prescribed in China for the treatment of chronic hepatitis. In treatments lasting 2 to 15 weeks, the overall rate of efficiency was 70.7 to 98.0%.(4) In Japan, Reishi extract has been reported to be effective in treating patients with liver failure.(1) In animal studies of mice with carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatitis, the extent of liver damage was significantly inhibited by continuous dosing with Reishi tincture, and the regeneration of the liver was promoted.(7)

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) is particularly beneficial for individuals with asthma and other respiratory complaints. "It has a healing effect on the lungs," she says. "Reishi is good for respiratory strength and for coughing". At least one population study confirms this claim. When more the 2000 Chinese with chronic bronchitis took reishi syrup during the 1970s, within two weeks, 60 to 90% felt better and reported an improved appetite, according to "Medicinal mushrooms," by Christopher Hobbs, published in Herbs for Health, Jan/Feb 97.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Thanks for the info on the Reishi mushrooms Drew. My lungs could use the help. So could my Mom's - she's 70 and has COPD. After just just 4 weeks of replacing 95% of her analogs with vaping her deep rasping cough is about 70 to 80% improved. She looks a lot better and has much more energy. Now if the FDA would just leave the damn things alone.

Too bad in the US it's all about the profit - and Big Pharma can't patent natural remedies. Seems like the government would sponsor more studies, given our ridiculous health care costs, but I've come to the conclusion that Congress is a Wholly Owned Subsidiary :-x

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Big Pharma has been patenting herbs for years...They just dont call them herbs...They extract the goodies analyse them and reproduce them chemically and call them New Medicine and charge Big Bucks for em...Thats how they got their BIG in Big Pharma

Ah, so that's how they do it.

Along with pushing to ban things like PVs to protect their profits from NRTs, Zyban and Chantix. Until of course they come up with a "new" device of their own.

Hope it tastes as good as your Cuban cigar/pineapple mix, but I'm not very hopeful ;-)

calligal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
California
This is very exciting. I remember your posts on it earlier and I was hoping you would do this. I know little of herbal remedies. I was hopelessly confused even researching concentrated vitamin liquids which I was thinking of adding to my juice and ended up going nowhere.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge I am definitely interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread