lungs sore by vaping too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Anything thing above 60% vg causes my chest to feel very heavy, mouth tastes and throat & lungs feel like I've inhaled used motor oil.
Before I discovered what was causing it my lungs hurt to the point it was painful to take a normal breath and gave the feeling that I wasn't able to get enough air into my lungs anytime I vaped high vg juice.

I use 50/50 juices mostly, 1 that is 40/60 I inhale every vape I take, for me there would be no reason to vape if I didn't.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
When I first started, for about six months, I lung inhaled but have since broken myself of that. Actually, I had to when allergy season hit. My lungs just would not accept vapor. Now, I find that if I have sufficient TH, a shallow or throat inhale is just as satisfying. When I was in transition, in fact, found that when I did have a smoke I smoked that way also.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
My post was a generic statement and not meant personally for u OP.

You are addicted to nicotine just the same, and getting nic out of your system is hard on the ole body.

PS the average liquid vaped per day is 3-4 ml.

3-4mil a day! Whoa I thought I was vaping a lot! I vape a little under 1ml a day and still get a heavy nic fix at 18mg. Good to know others vape more than I do. Now I know I'm not vaping too much! :D

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
Even though you are using VG juices, and most base flavourings are water based, some few flavourings are PG based. If you are sensitive to PG this might be affecting you a bit. The idea of vaping unflavoured for a while to see if the problem goes away is a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, what great discussion. So glad I joined this forum!

So here's the plan I'm putting together at the moment:

1. Stop inhaling for now. Already started this--that's right, it's Thursday night and I just finished a lovely lowball of Glenfidich.
2. When my low-nic new juice comes in from Virgin Vapor I AND me lungs are feeling better, I can experiment w/ some shallow inhales, by which time I will have developed some less inhale dependent habits. Actually, already I'm noticing that I experience the flavors more intensively by keeping it in my mouth longer, and the article in the knowledge base indicated I'll get more nic pleasure from mouth/early throat/nose anyway.

My guess, problem probably caused by a) high nic dose juice; b) heavy inhaling use in short period--just didn't know that was a no no.

Thanks ya'll.

Could be the ratio of PG, or the flavoring, or nicotine. Higher percentage of PG can cause some irritation in people with sensitivity. I shoot for 70% PG and 1.8% Nicotine, but for you it might be 50% or less. And for reference, I prefer the flavor profile I get from cartomizers compared to other options. Also I have found that the flavoring ingredients can cause more sensitivity; such as cinnamon. And even within the same flavor, and PG ratio, different producers might use a different type of flavoring. Coffee flavoring is like that for me. V2 makes a pretty mellow vanilla and coffee. Halo Twisted Java is pretty easy to vape, as well as DND coconut with an extra shot of sweetener. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
On top of what others have said.. 24 mg may be too high for you too. I smoked 50 analogs a day, albeit ultra light 100's and 12 mg was my personal sweet spot. The first couple of weeks I vaped, I was having heavy feeling in chest with 100% vg but it went away when I learned how to inhale properly. I actually don't breathe it into my lungs but have it go in my mouth.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Pretty new to vaping, and I’m trying to figure out whether it’s possible to make your lungs sore by vaping too much in too short a time. I vape when drinking, so zero use through the week, and then suddenly quite a bit in 3-5 hours. How easy is it to overdo it when vaping?

(Or is it more likely that the problem lies in voltage/heat, juice sensitivity, or something else?)

Back Story:

I’m still fairly new to vaping, coming off a habit of handrolled high quality tobacco cigarettes, about 20 cigarettes A WEEK, usually compressed into three nights: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Started vaping with White Cloud pg/vg mix and soon learned that pg immediately locked up my sinuses, even with other suppliers who were supposed to be better quality ingredients, and I’m a guy who has had very few sinus problems in my life.

So I’ve been trying 100% VG from Velvet Cloud and loving the stuff…but now my problem is a tendency to sore lungs and throat after a night of partying and vaping. This is Wednesday, for example, and I haven’t vaped since Sunday around noon, but my lungs are still hurting a bit. By the way, my tendency is to not vape at all Sunday through Wednesday when I also don’t drink, but then vape for drinking nights Thursday through Saturday.

I guess my question is, am I vaping too much on these nights? Is it possible to overdo it. I mean, I hit the thing quite a bit. Not constantly, of course, and I take breaks, but still quite consistently say for four hours.

Could the problem still be sensitivity to particular juice? (I just ordered some alcohol-free stuff from Virgin Vapors and look forward to seeing if that helps.)

Could it be too much heat? (I just got my eGo v6 and mostly vape on 4 volts with occasional 5 volt and 6 volts vapes just to feel the difference)

Or is it most likely just too much vaping in too short a period of time?

Thoughts appreciated.

OP..just curious but what flavor Velvet Cloud?? I'm on a guilt trip right now..my best friend was having a few issues w/other juices that were slightly high PG (sinus, small cough) I told her to try a lower PG and she went balls out to 100% VG! Did u try distilled water in it and did that work?

She just got it today and tried it tonight and she said "it burnt the hell out of her tonsils". She using an EVod 1000 (or 900) and EVod tank..clean coils. She has it in 6 mg and the flavor Candy Bar?

UGH, I feel horrible saying to go low PG now! I've used 100% VG (Aves Gorilla juice..no issues). I don't know what to tell her cuz never had this happen nor tried this vendor's juice before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread