Lur Lock syringes plungers stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I keep having to replace my 1ml flavor syringes because they jam up after a couple uses. They seem ok for Hangsen tobacco flavors but when used for Capella's flavoring is when the problem arises. I rinse and dry them very thoroughly but still have the problem. Tried coating the plunger with PG and or VG but is a VERY short term fix. Any ideas?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
After use I will clean them with just water then pull put the plunger and dip it in VG and reinsert it then store it that way. Then just before using it again I dip it in VG again. They will last longer but depending on the flavoring used they do ware out quickly.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I've had the same problem with banana, mango,any "tank crackers" will swell the rubber plunger.
    For these flavors I just fill the syringe with a glass dropper, with my finger plugging the needle.
    You could just use the syringe once and toss, or measure by weight.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I am in agreement that it is only certain flavors that cause the problem. I have found that I can help extend the life of a syringe by rinsing it with pure grain alcohol/ethyl alcohol/ever-clear between each and every flavor and before storing. I have read of others who have a dedicated syringe for those "problem" flavors, and just know that it will need frequent replacement, but will not have the difficult/sticky operation for all the other ingredients. Or, if your budget allows, use a glass syringe like these.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If I had to use syringes to make my juice, I would be bald & crazy... :eek:

I am both! I only use syringes to pull juice out of dropper top 60ml glass bottles that are steeping. It's easy to do for filling a tank for steep testing. Once it's steeped and ready to vape I transfer the juice to an HDPE 60ml bottle with a tip that fits my atomizers. The glass reveals the color changes as the juice matures. HDPE is cloudy, so not so good for steeping.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I find that TA is a real problem with sucking the oils out of the rubber. With TA, I complete the addition to the mix and immediately immerse the syringe into a cup of water. Run the plunger back and forth to flush, then let it set in the cup with a full barrel loaded with water. Soaking the syringe dilutes the TA and tends to lessen the drying effect (penetration time) of TA. I suspect whats happening is, TA is removing the natural oils created in the vulcanization process of manufacturing the rubber plunger.
    Age, rubber compound and frictional forces all tend to play a part in perceiving the proper working of a syringe.
    It may be all about trying to prohibit/shorten the amount of time the offending chemical is in contact with the rubber plunger compound.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Mine get stuck after awhile too. I wash mine off, & dip in pg. But after awhile not even that works. Just have to toss them. I've mostly gone to just plugging the end with my finger & dropping straight into the syinge & letting it drain into my bottle.
    That is what I usually do also, but I use these instead of my fingers. I am not coordinated enough not to make a mess. LOL
    5 Pack Luer Lock Syringe Caps
    :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread