Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Well, it was one year ago Nov 1. I have been pleased with the results as it's at least allowed me to lead a mostly normal life again. Lots of things I just can't do anymore, but at least I walk without a limp and can go to the store without having to leave the wife shopping after 5 minutes. So huge improvement over where I was this time last year. But I do dread cold or rainy days...LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well. Been busy with work lately so haven't had much time to post. Didn't quite get the aluminum mods finished last 7 day break as I hoped (week went to crap fast). But I now have all the internals built, wood buttons made, couple of alum buttons still left to make and the final brush finish on one more mod! Then these babies can finally go out the door. Looking forward to finishing up my last project too, which hopefully will start in December.
Good to hear Jasen...I'm glad your some-what back to normal....:)

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
So, question or rather maybe a pole? Decided to give myself a gift for retiring the vendor business. Ok, yeah it's just an excuse to buy a mod...LOL. But I asked my buddy Peter to put me on the list as I doubt there will be too much mod buying in my future (I tend to prefer building). So not like I don't have plenty of time to make this decision, but anyway, here are the two wood blocks I purchased I am deciding between. Interested in others opinions.

Ironwood:

OUQxMUE4RDc0NjU0N0I2OTA2MjQ6NjI5ZjEzNzE2ZWE0ZjBiZjhkZGM1MGU0ZmQxYTVjMjc6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
OUQxMUE4RDc0NjU0N0I2OTA2MjQ6ZTExNzJmMTg0YmI5N2NiMWJmODA3ODY2YWJmM2JkZmU6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

Himalayan Golden Teak (White Teak):

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Thoughts??

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I can never decide between wood blocks until I see them in person. But if I had to choose between those two based solely on the pictures you've posted, I would choose the ironwood.

I think if you took take a couple of pics of them side-by-side in the same light, with the same camera, we might have a better basis to judge them.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I can never decide between wood blocks until I see them in person. But if I had to choose between those two based solely on the pictures you've posted, I would choose the ironwood.

I think if you took take a couple of pics of them side-by-side in the same light, with the same camera, we might have a better basis to judge them.
I was actually planning on doing that, but the teak hasn't arrived yet.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Whichever block doesn't make it to the wood whisperer's shop will still be put to good use. I have several ideas running around on building my own wood mod when I finally get free time. Course not going down any rabbit holes with plans to sell, just proving to myself I can do it. But I want the best block going to the obvious better wood mod maker....LOL....which we all know isn't me.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Hey FDA: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed food trough wipers! Your mother was a prohibitionist and your father smelt of Anslinger! I blow clouds in your general direction.
LOL! Just noticed that. Love the Monty Python-esk themed sig! Though I still "fart in their general direction"!

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
So, question or rather maybe a pole? Decided to give myself a gift for retiring the vendor business. Ok, yeah it's just an excuse to buy a mod...LOL. But I asked my buddy Peter to put me on the list as I doubt there will be too much mod buying in my future (I tend to prefer building). So not like I don't have plenty of time to make this decision, but anyway, here are the two wood blocks I purchased I am deciding between. Interested in others opinions.

Ironwood:

View attachment 612537 View attachment 612539

Himalayan Golden Teak (White Teak):

View attachment 612541 View attachment 612543 View attachment 612545

Thoughts??
I am a big fan of ironwood, but that golden teak, in this instance, has my vote.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread