Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Well I am extremely pleased with the results of the dual wood tips. But they are a ton of work. So I'm going to list for the same as a router style tip at $45.

I also forgot to mention the new dual o-ring tips come with two sets of o-rings to better fit to your atty.

This is a white teak and African blackwood tip on a large bore dual o-ring core. It's another dreary day, so had to use flash. If the sun peeps out I'll try and get a better pic. But it's beautiful in the flesh!

Oh that's stunning, D underscore! Anyone would be proud to adorn their set up with it. Gorgeous. Well done, Sir.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
That layering is a brilliant idea. I'm fairly certain there's not enough scrap left over from my latest pinch to make a full tip. It sure is coming out beautiful though and will be deserving of a special topper. I'm not sure if there will be any leftovers once it's complete. I've got such a nice collection of lush tips already, one of them might work IDK. :)

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
That layering is a brilliant idea. I'm fairly certain there's not enough scrap left over from my latest pinch to make a full tip. It sure is coming out beautiful though and will be deserving of a special topper. I'm not sure if there will be any leftovers once it's complete. I've got such a nice collection of lush tips already, one of them might work IDK. :)

Well, folks getting small thin scrap pieces left over was the main reason I even thought of putting these together in the first place. Plus I have a good bit of other scraps that can be layered in if there isn't enough!

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
That pic just gave me an idea for another technique for you to try. Put your base coat on then you need some kind of spinning turntable. Then you can squirt the color on and let it swirl. Might come out like tye dyed. :lol:
That would be cool. Not sure how to squirt paint though....LoL. Don't really have a pottery wheel handy either. Probably too much investment for the occasional spatter job....Lol.

I was slated to start doing a couple of hydrographics prints this weekend, but damned my luck, the company sent the prints left out the freakn activator. Argh. So maybe I will test one of the real carbon fiber cover tube i bought instead. I have 4 GDNA mods on hand and 2 Peko Plus mods on the way. The hydrographics will be walnut, brown burl, black/white granite and brown marble swirl. If anyone has any interest in anyone of those specifically, let me know ahead and I will make it first. All CF and hydrographics will have a CA finish.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
DJ, do you have any pictures of what your describing, regarding the hydro-graphics prints?

Sure thing. Here are some pics of the prints.

Brown Burl

Walnut

Marble Splash (so I got the name wrong the first time...LoL)

Brown Marble

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Oh, forgot to add that with the black/white splash marble and the walnut, you can change the background color to change the overall appearance. The white is actually clear on the splash, so you could use green, white or whatever color as the black is what is on the print. And with the walnut, same thing, the black is on the print and the brown color comes from the base coat of paint. So you could make it a really dark or really light walnut color. So lots of possibilities there. Can't wait. I am excited about doing these. Just got an email and they expedited my activator, so I will have it Friday....yah!

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That would be cool. Not sure how to squirt paint though....LoL. Don't really have a pottery wheel handy either. Probably too much investment for the occasional spatter job....Lol.

I was slated to start doing a couple of hydrographics prints this weekend, but damned my luck, the company sent the prints left out the freakn activator. Argh. So maybe I will test one of the real carbon fiber cover tube i bought instead. I have 4 GDNA mods on hand and 2 Peko Plus mods on the way. The hydrographics will be walnut, brown burl, black/white granite and brown marble swirl. If anyone has any interest in anyone of those specifically, let me know ahead and I will make it first. All CF and hydrographics will have a CA finish.
Can you do a carbon fiber wrap on one of my existing Pekos?

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Can you do a carbon fiber wrap on one of my existing Pekos?
Let me get a couple down before I mess with someone else's mod. There is no going back with this stuff....trust me....LoL. My first experiment was meh, but I have a new type now as the overlap was killing me, the new type is flex tube so I can get an exact size match with no overlap to deal with. But I still have to figure out the top and bottom. Hopefully soon.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Let me get a couple down before I mess with someone else's mod. There is no going back with this stuff....trust me....LoL. My first experiment was meh, but I have a new type now as the overlap was killing me, the new type is flex tube so I can get an exact size match with no overlap to deal with. But I still have to figure out the top and bottom. Hopefully soon.

.......................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: BlueSnake

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
So are there any Fallout video game fans out there? If so, I have something very, very cool in the works. I commissioned a friends daughter to paint a Fallout themed mod for the upcoming release of Fallout 4 this November. And she did a freskn hell of a job. I'm about to totally CA coat the whole thing and bring it to a high gloss finish. It's going to be bad @$$. This is a one of a kind unicorn for one lucky fan. I really want it for myself, but just can't justify another mod. Anyway, pics coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread