Lynda's "Lucious"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
To simplify the math, your ratio will be 70% VG and the remaining 30% is EM, mixed stronger than the normal 10%. A 10ml recipe would have 7ml VG (including VG nic ratio of your choice) and 3ml EM. Hope that helps! I think people get confused with the EM mixing. I barely taste EM flavor at the 10% ratio in this recipe but stepping it up a notch makes a noticeable difference IMO. YMMV Make two small batches to see which one you like the best, as you can always use the stronger EM solution in other recipes at a lower ratio.

Last edited:

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
To simply the math, your ratio will be 70% VG and the remaining 30% is EM, mixed stronger than the normal 10%. A 10ml recipe would have 7ml VG (including VG nic ratio of your choice) and 3ml EM. Hope that helps! I think people get confused with the EM mixing. I barely taste EM flavor at the 10% ratio in this recipe but stepping it up a notch makes a noticeable difference IMO. YMMV Make two small batches to see which one you like the best, as you can always use the stronger EM solution in other recipes at a lower ratio.

Yep, therein lies the rub.

A typical cotton candy vape = 90% VG/PG/nic with 10% EM crystals - hence the finished e-liquid is 10% EM

Your recipe is 70% VG/nic wtih 30% EM solution (that solution is made up of 70% PG and 30-33% EM - depending upon what "1/3 of the bottle" looks like to each person). When you fill a bottle with 70% VG and then add a solution made up of 30% EM crystals...you end up with a final e-liquid that is 10% EM.

Both finished liquid are compromised of 10% actual EM and 90% "other".

The difference between an EM solution of exactly 30% and one that's "one third of the bottle EM" (which would be a 33% EM solution, if eyeballed or measured precisely) would account for a very slight difference in taste - if one could even be discerned (because, in the final e-liquid it's not a difference of 3% EM; it's a difference of the 3% EM diluted into the 70% VG).

Smaller or larger batches don't affect the final solution's ratio or taste.

What we made is fully saturated in EM. Even after mixing it with the 70% VG/nic base & heating it, the crystals still reform in the bottles (which might be due to our addition of saline solution in our VG/nic base)

Taste IS subjective, no doubt! "Math" is never subjective (thank heavens :))

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Here's the correct recipe:
Luscious 10 ml 18 mg nic

1.8 ml VG 100 mg nicotine
3 ml EM (mixed as above instructions. This replaces plain PG)
5.2 ml plain VG

I'd really like to try this recipe but my 100 mg/ml nic is in PG. I'm trying to figure out if there would be a way to tweak the recipe so that my nic can be used. Has anyone replicated this recipe using nic in PG? I'm wondering if it would work to use my nic base as part of the PG used to mix up the EM solution. I'm just not sure how to figure out what kind of nic level I'd end up with.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I went ahead and made a batch of this using my PG based nic and it's good! A nice mellow/light vape....well compared to the Boba's I've been vaping the past few days anyway. It's a nice change from the super rich flavor of Boba's. I went with 12mg so used 1.2 ml's of nic and 5.8 of VG with the 3 ml's of EM. I added one drop of sucralose but am thinking it needs a bit more. I'll definitely be adding this recipe to my "keeper" list.

Last edited:

frangipani

Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
NZ
I went ahead and made a batch of this using my PG based nic and it's good! A nice mellow/light vape....well compared to the Boba's I've been vaping the past few days anyway. It's a nice change from the super rich flavor of Boba's. I went with 12mg so used 1.2 ml's of nic and 5.8 of VG with the 3 ml's of EM. I added one drop of sucralose but am thinking it needs a bit more. I'll definitely be adding this recipe to my "keeper" list.

Thanks for this pennysmalls,
I've only got pg nic too, will try this out and report back. Very excited newbie : )

frangipani

Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
NZ
Help please Lynda, I followed as per instructions "I mix the crystals in a 30ml bottle with app. 1/3 of the 30ml filled with crystals, fill with PG heat, shake and you're good to go!"
I tried this with the microwave as mentioned in the thread (at the very lowest setting, 10 sec then shake and cool) I did this about 5 times and was still fluid showing lots of crystals. After the last time it set as in solid : /. I eyeballed and added another 10% pg and heated it again, still setting solid. I'm off to take a pic.
p.s.The smell of the EM is yummy like caramelized sugar. :p

p.p.s. I've done the 10% EM dilution previously and no problem.

frangipani

Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
NZ
Ok, here is my results as per instruction; 30ml bottle with app. 1/3 of the 30ml filled with crystals, fill with PG.
I know I'm doing something wrong as nobody has had this problem. what am I doing wrong? Its early summer over here, around 25(°C)
so its not too cold to set?

408298881.jpg

frangipani

Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
NZ
I use the microwave to warm a few recipes, and I have found that 4 seconds warms a 10ml bottle nicely, and 5 seconds usually makes it hot. I accidentally did a 10ml for 10 seconds once, and it started to pop and crackle(boiling). I would be willing to bet 10 seconds on a 6ml bottle cooked it.

Your probably right, I'll another batch this weekend.

I forgot to add that I use 1 drop of sweetener per 10 ml. The sweetener really brings it to life and my apologies for anyone who mixed it and it tasted a little dry. This recipe makes for an excellent palate cleanser. When my buds are fried and I can't taste my other flavors, I can vape this for a little while and viola! :)

Which sweetener do you prefer- or does it seem to make a difference to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread