ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in reviews section

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
The royalsmoker 401 smart battery cuts off for 2 minutes when you puff for over 5 seconds with out lettin up.

My 201 and 402 does the same but it doesn't quite feel like 2 minutes. Never really timed it before.

It seems that they just updated their site with better ordering options and instructions. When i ordered, i had to send them a separate email to make sure they know what i wanted. Now, its clearer but still not as advanced as other sites. Don't really bother me though. The important thing is i get my stuff in good condition.

Lu, theres nothing much i can tell you for now really. Guess i'll just have to wait for something to happen with time. A small update though: The sound that the 402 makes has toned down a lot all of a sudden. Performance is still the same.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I stand corrected here, but my understanding of the smart battery is that it will not heat the atomizer if there is not enough fluid, to avoid coil burn and using while not correctly lubricated or something like that

How do we test for that? I once used the 402 till the fibers were white and of course, no smoke came out of it. But how do i know if it was the work of the smart battery or if it is just the fibers getting dry? Any physical differences that i can spot? Thanks.

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in reviews section

grooovn

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Tennessee
I stand corrected here, but my understanding of the smart battery is that it will not heat the atomizer if there is not enough fluid, to avoid coil burn and using while not correctly lubricated or something like that

I think your right about this also, It is supose to cut off if the cart gets to dry, I haven't put that to the test yet. I wish battery was smart enough to give me about 8 seconds before it cut me off.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Will try it...:)

I have tried it but i did not dare to smoke it till too dry. The fiber is whitish but definitely not 100% dry. I did not want to risk damaging the atomiser so i stoppped there. I always drip a little on the atomiser each time i top up so it might be diffficult to get dry.

Anyway, the battery did not cut off for me. I do not know if it will if i pushed it further. Perhaps someone else would like to try?

grooovn

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Tennessee
I have tried it but i did not dare to smoke it till too dry. The fiber is whitish but definitely not 100% dry. I did not want to risk damaging the atomiser so i stoppped there. I always drip a little on the atomiser each time i top up so it might be diffficult to get dry.

Anyway, the battery did not cut off for me. I do not know if it will if i pushed it further. Perhaps someone else would like to try?

Same for me, I got scared to smoke it to dry, mine never shut off either, but I would like to see a few more than 5 seconds on the puff cut off, maybe 8 or 10....

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Same for me, I got scared to smoke it to dry, mine never shut off either, but I would like to see a few more than 5 seconds on the puff cut off, maybe 8 or 10....

It doesn't really matter imo. Most of us will top up way before it gets too dry so that function doesn't help much. I won't risk it to find out though.

I wish it was 8 - 10 seconds as well. But i've kinda gotten used to it. Without the need to primer puff too much, 3-4 seconds is a good enough hit. Besides, if i get the cut off once in a while, i will switch to the 402 to beat the cutoff. The 402 is really beginning to grow on me.

grooovn

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Tennessee
I'm using the 401 and love it, I have some of the smoore batteries that I use during the day when I am worrk, they do not cut off like the royalsmokers brand do, i use the royal smoker batteries in the evenings when i am at home and have the time to learn how to use them. When I am at work I like something I can hammer on pretty good. lol
But I think they will all need to have the cut offs at some point, so we need to get use to them.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I'm using the 401 and love it, I have some of the smoore batteries that I use during the day when I am worrk, they do not cut off like the royalsmokers brand do, i use the royal smoker batteries in the evenings when i am at home and have the time to learn how to use them. When I am at work I like something I can hammer on pretty good. lol
But I think they will all need to have the cut offs at some point, so we need to get use to them.

How do you differentiate between smoore batteries and royalsmoker batteries?

So can you confirm that they are different?

grooovn

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Tennessee
How do you differentiate between smoore batteries and royalsmoker batteries?

So can you confirm that they are different?

You can't tell by looking at them, they look the same. The first ones I got were with some Smoores branded boxes of the 401's They do not cut off they just flash 5 times to warn you. The second ones I got were from an order I place with Royal Smokers order portal.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
You can't tell by looking at them, they look the same. The first ones I got were with some Smoores branded boxes of the 401's They do not cut off they just flash 5 times to warn you. The second ones I got were from an order I place with Royal Smokers order portal.

So does the royalsmoker ones cut off or flashes?

My experience is different from yours. My Smoore batteries will not flash 5 times to warn you. They just cut off. They will flash when battery is flat and needs charging.

However, no complaints at all in the battery department. Very long lasting compared to my other generics. How are yours?

grooovn

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Tennessee
So does the royalsmoker ones cut off or flashes?

My experience is different from yours. My Smoore batteries will not flash 5 times to warn you. They just cut off. They will flash when battery is flat and needs charging.

However, no complaints at all in the battery department. Very long lasting compared to my other generics. How are yours?

The Royalsmokers are the ones that I have that cut off and the Smoores will flash 5 times as a warning but is more than 5 seconds before it does. The smoores batteries that I have I think are from some old stock, and the charger had the UK plug that I had to put an adapter on for US. They both flash 8 times when the battery needs recharged. But I feel like you do about the battery life, they are very good.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
The Royalsmokers are the ones that I have that cut off and the Smoores will flash 5 times as a warning but is more than 5 seconds before it does. The smoores batteries that I have I think are from some old stock, and the charger had the UK plug that I had to put an adapter on for US. They both flash 8 times when the battery needs recharged. But I feel like you do about the battery life, they are very good.

Great...so we can conclude now that Smoore and Royalsmoker batteries are the same then. They should be though. They are from the same factory.

Yeah...the battery life is good, innit? And lets not forget mine is a M402, which is about 12mm shorter than the M401 battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread