Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
There is an english speaking representative of Smoore's China based retail site. Has s/he posted on this forum yet? I can't remember the name. hopefully s/he can answer these questions.

I've become chumps with him/ her through emails and I don't even know his/ her name. They just always sign off with their website name.

I'll invite them to join in my next email to them.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
A 3rd week update:

M201: I finally had to drain the atomiser last night cos it was producing less vapour. I normally do not engage in any boiling or steaming cos i had a bad experience. The only maintainance i do is blowing and draining. I must add that i did not do any maintainance for the past 3 weeks and have probably refilled the carts a little too much. Before i drained it last night, i smoked a couple of puffs without the cart and it was pretty amazing.

Anyway, i dripped some liquid into it this morning and it is working like new. I also noticed that performance will drop a little when i change flavour of liquid. It will pick up after it gets "used" to the new flavour. I'm not sure if its just coincidental.

As for the battery, it still holds charge really well. One thing that i left out previously is how the battery behaves. I've never waited for the battery to blink before charging it. I notice that vapour reduces to almost a halt when I inhale and the LED takes a long time to put out. Meaning that the light is still on for a few seconds after I puff. When this happens, I recharge. The battery is consistent till this happens.

M402: This one is still working like new without any problems. Pretty amazing. I don't really have much to say about this. The vapour is naturally a little lesser than the 201 but that is to be expected. Frankly, i've been trying to find a flaw to convince myself that nothing can be compared to the pen but its starting to get difficult. The battery is consistent until it blinks.

Don't know if i left out anything.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
4th Week Update and a Happy New Year to all...

First of all, I realised that my review was quoted on their website:

Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - Latest News

It actually took me more than a week to realise that. Their website design is pretty below average if you ask me but their service is commendable. I usually get response within the first 30 minutes. I have the same time zone as them but i even got immediate replies when i emailed them in the wee hours. I think they might have shifts or something to cater to the US, EU customers.

M201: This one still works very very well. I've begun to dry smoke it a bit cos the hit is just amazing. Most of the time, i still use the carts and topping them up. I realised that if I dry smoke them once in a while, I do not need to drain them at all.

I received my second order of spares more than a week ago and the battery and atomiser performance between the new and old one has no noticeable differences. This is the same for both the M201 and M402.

M402: I am beginning to like this one more than the pen. Throat hit is good. Vapour is good. Battery life is amazing. I can find no complaints for this one besides the hissing sound it makes, which becomes better after time (I don't know if i got used to it or if the sound gets lesser).

For both units, the cut off still bothers me a little but i guess its something that we have to get used to since its gonna be a standard feature in all new e-cigs according to what i observe. If you have two units to beat the cut off, it will bother you much lesser.

So far, both have passed the 1 month test with flying colours. I highly recommend them. If anyone were to buy, I suggest you take advantage of the flat shipping fee and stock up more in your first purchase. I had to make two purchases to get what i wanted because I wanted to try them out first.

Let me know if i left anything out.

erictham

Jan 1, 2009
I am planning to purchase M401 and M201, however i have some enquires,

Only M201 is using 4 holes automizer and M401 is using 2 holes type right?

Is the cartridges used for m401 and M201 same type? (Interchangeable ?)

Is the charger used for m401 and m201 the same? (Interchangeable?)

Would actually like to buy from royalsmokers but i must at least order USD$500 and above right? Any other solution?

Thank You
Eric

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Only M201 is using 4 holes automizer and M401 is using 2 holes type right?

Is the cartridges used for m401 and M201 same type? (Interchangeable ?)

Is the charger used for m401 and m201 the same? (Interchangeable?)

Would actually like to buy from royalsmokers but i must at least order USD$500 and above right? Any other solution?

Thank You
Eric

I am sure that the M201 is a 4 hole atomiser. I am not sure how to tell the holes of an M401 because I do not have one. The M402 should be the same atomiser but I'm only used to checking atomiser holes in a penstyle and not really familliar with how to spot atomiser holes for a supermini. You don't really have much to worry about though cos the drag is really easy.

Both the cartridges and chargers are NOT interchangeable.

Thats right, Royalsmoker's minimum purchase is $500 but lesser for liquid if i'm not mistaken. However, Royalsmoker does not provide flat shipping fee like Absolutelyecigs. You have to check their shipping prices to see if shipping to your country is affordable or not. That is, if you are planning to make a big purchase. Don't forget, a $500 order plus shipping can be much much more.

Since you are planning to buy 2 starter kits, i would suggest that you stock extra batteries and atomisers together with some carts, since shipping is paid for anyway. They don't sell liquid so you might have to get it somewhere else. Also, it wouldn't hurt to first check with your local customs/ friends if e-liquid can be brought in safely to your country.

Let me know how it goes. Share your experience with us cos i seem to be the minority buying from them now.

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
EDIT: Some of the following information is counterfactual, and is partially my error. Please see my later post for a more accurate representation.

Hi guys! I have just received my first order from Absolutelye-cigs. I ordered three M401 starter kits on December 19: one for a friend as a late Christmas present, one for another friend, and one for myself. Here's what I ordered:
2x M401 starter kits, brown batteries, orange LED
1x M401 starter kit, black batteries, orange LED
1x single battery: M401 brown battery, blue LED.

I received all goods ordered, except the spare battery also had an orange LED. (doh!). The biggest problem is that although I specifically e-mailed the company asking about plug adapters for the US, none were sent. Now I have to wait for 3 plug adapters from DealExtreme (they're 10.00 a piece at radioshack), which are an additional three dollars. Of course, I paid with paypal, realizing only too late that it was drawing from an empty account (30 dollar charge) which is, of course, my own stupidity. However, had the plug adapters been sent, none of this would have happened.

One additional caution is that when paying a Hong Kong company, PayPal includes a currency conversion fee. Between this fee and the flat $15 shipping fee, my order of 119.97 became 146.97. In the end, I have a plug adapter from my previous M401 order from Litecigusa, and the woodgrain batteries i've always wanted, but it cost more than I'd intended. All in all, I appreciate their customer service, but I find it cheaper in the long run to order from litecigusa (if they EVER get m401s back in stock). Additionally, the order took a full 18 days to arrive.

As a note, I haven't contacted Absolutely e-cigs to allow them to rectify things, but I intend to do so.

In summary, I got more or less what I ordered, but with a sort of fatal flaw. They seem honest (it certainly can't have seriously helped their bottom line to omit adapters) but I'd recommend dealing with more local businesses if possible.

-Matt

Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Man...I feel bad since you probably bought from them after reading my review...

I have to say that i did not incur any conversion fee at all and i've bought from them twice in USD. Your order seems to be correct at $146.97, without any extra charges. 3 starter kit and 1 extra battery plus $15 is exactly $146.97.

$10 a piece for US adapters are quite expensive. I usually get the adaptor to convert my US (blade type) to the round type at only a few bucks at my local hardware store.

18 days is crazy but i think equazcion got his much earlier. Customs?

I really think you should give them a piece of your mind and while you're at it, give them one from me too...

I know i'll be p*ssed off if it happened to me.

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
UPDATE:
Well, here's the deal about the prices: I was reading my paypal receipt wrong. Sorry about that--idiot here.

Also, here's the very nice response I received. Jury's still out, but my attitude toward this company is sweetening--we'll see when the package gets here.

Dear Matt,

First of all, please accept our most sincere apologies.

18 days for delivery is indeed unprecedented. Our other orders to the US all arrived within 10 days. We can show you some tracking numbers for you to check.

We are also sorry for the mistake on the LED and US adaptors. I cannot apologize enough for this as you have been so supportive and yet, we have dissappointed you. I will arrange for your order to be resent immediately and I'll be sure to include some free refill cartridges as a token of our appreciation for putting you through such an inconvenience.

Please believe us that this is an isolated incident and will not happen again in your future purchases from us.

I really do not know how else to express how sorry we are about this. Our customers are very important to us and i hope that we did not give you a bad first impression. Please give us a chance to make it up to you as we will send you the correct order as soon as possible.

Please accept our apology and I hope this does not spoil your New Year mood. Once again, we are very sorry. I will be sure to report this matter to the management and that we improve so that it will not happen again.

At the meantime, please feel free to contact us for any queries or needs that you may have. We will do our best to assist. I will be available to assist our customers.

I'm really sorry about this. Happy New Year, Matt!

So, given the experiences listed here and this guy's fantastic response, I'd say this company seems pretty decent. (As for the M401, it's great, just like my other one. And, it's in woodgrain!!!)

Oh, and the electrical plugs were what I remember to be euro-style--two round posts, spaced further apart than the american blades.

Attachments

• downsized_0106092135.jpg
    downsized_0106092135.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 177

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Well, I e-mailed back and said that they were being great--I guess they're sending me some free refill cartridges as well! As for the plugs, I think they're going to send some. Not sure, though. Anyway, I ordered a few from DealExtreme in the meantime for 3.00 plus 30.00 overdraft fee (since I'm an idiot).

I've also noticed that this M401 has a 4-hole design, where my previous one had two holes. There's less of an air hiss as I'm drawing on it (this is different from the atomizer hiss common to new 401 atomizers as they stay on a bit longer). The draw seems a bit harder, however. That could just be my imagination--it's not a huge difference.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Got my M401 from them today. Same issue with the adapter. Not fatal as I just swapped the lead from one of my 901 chargers and it's appeared to work great. Initial charge in progress...

So you were able to use the cord & outlet plug for 901 in the M401 charger and it worked okay?

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I noticed that they say on the web site "all products have an 8 month warranty" ... that seems like a great deal... if they really mean on "everything" ????

I wouldn't count on it as much as i like this supplier.

It will usually come with a catch like "buyer pays for shipping both ways" for warranties. Even if paying for one way shipping, you'll be better off buying a new one.

Judging by the way they are treating judasburrito, i think they will at least honour DOA returns for free.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I wouldn't count on it as much as i like this supplier.

It will usually come with a catch like "buyer pays for shipping both ways" for warranties. Even if paying for one way shipping, you'll be better off buying a new one.

Judging by the way they are treating judasburrito, i think they will at least honour DOA returns for free.

I was thinking of trying either the 201 or 402 you reviewed, but am concerned since it sounds like they are not giving a choice for the battery charger, and sending one that doesn't work in USA without getting an adaptor for it?

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I was thinking of trying either the 201 or 402 you reviewed, but am concerned since it sounds like they are not giving a choice for the battery charger, and sending one that doesn't work in USA without getting an adaptor for it?

The isn't any issues with the battery charger.

Juasburrito received a spare battery with the wrong LED colour and also European plugs without a US type adaptor. The supplier was cool enough to send Judas the adaptor, an extra battery of the right LED, US plugs and free refills....all the way from China! (Correct me if i'm wrong)

I think the suplier might be in love with judasburrito.....

If you wanna play it safe, send them an additional email or another remark during checkout for them to include the US adaptor. Quote the judas story if you need to...LOL..

Frankly, the adaptor issue would've been easily solved with a trip to a store. The LED color, would probably bother some.

Go ahead and try the ones i reviewed. Judas got a pretty good deal. 3 starter kits with an extra battery for $146 with shipping all in. Not to mention a good selection of colours.

I'm gonna say it again. I like the woodgrain battery....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread