M201 batteries...signs of wierdness or death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david 1300c

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
near emmaus, pa
Well, I think my batteries are going south. They seem to work, but their behavior has reverted to the 'shutdown' mode after a few puffs. then they will be ok for quite a few before going through the cycle again. What a bummer.
Even the 16 puffs in a minute trick to change that behavior doesn't do it.

Very sad since the batts worked great for more than a month!

Is this a symptom of them failing? I don't know. I would have expected longer life. Even now I'll get one working 'right' for an hour before it reverts back to the bad old days of cutting one off. Then I'll recharge it and get two puffs and it's done. Very frustrating. Might have to go with a PT for when I'm at home and save the batts for going out.

Anyone else experiencing this?

david 1300c

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
near emmaus, pa
The latest batteries for the M201 just are flakier than than before - take a 2 second puff and it shuts off for 2 minutes. Then it will work right for a while, then bang you sucking air.

I got the adapter and tried kr8 batteries - wow! reliable! Just a super battery experience all around.

The only drawback now is the new attys - they let in lots more air than I like. I've looked and looked based on other thread about the bew attys, but I have no clue as to what to do to make them like the originals.

Figures - solve one thing then they make you solve another. Then they'll probably discontinue them because they screwed them all up.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread