m401 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Paisley, I got the 901 to 401 adapter at LitecigUSA. About 6 bucks I think? I got it to use on my DSE 905 mod. 401 attys work fine at 3.7v. I can't tell much difference than on a 401 but maybe a bit more consistent vape? Any 3.7 mod that uses 14500 batts works about the same I think. I also like the XL 401 carts they have at litecig.

I don't have a 901 batt but good question. I also like the old style 901 attys on my 905.
Joe

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Paisley, good idea to be stocked up! The attys might become harder to get than something to power them. The DSE 905 is a kinda cheep (50 bucks) Chinese made Mod that holds a 14500 battery and operates at 3.7v, and has a 901 connection. One good thing about Mods is that the batteries will still be available and they are cheep. And, they last a long time. I think there are some better 14500 mods if you spend a bit more. Some are USA made. The 3.7v is not much stronger than a regular 401 batt that I think runs at around 2.9 to 3.1. If anything I think it has livened up some of my 401 attys. They work just fine on it.

The most important things that have helped me use my 40xs are the XL carts and... using a straight pin to help fill them. I just pop up the bucket, stick the pin in between the filler and the inside of the bucket, drop the juice on the pin (it runs right down), pull the filler back up to level w/ the top of the bucket, and add one more drop of juice if it looks like I can. Then I push the bucket back down w/ a rubber cart stopper. Sounds kinda tricky but it's not. I can fill three carts in 5 mins all w/ a diff juice. I mark the carts, and the juice bottles, w/ a small sticker so I can tell what juice is in what cart.

I tried using a syringe to fill carts for awhile but now like the pin deal better.

Oh, about those 901 batts anyone? How long do they last and at whay V. do they run at?
Joe

I've had 4 M402 Auto, all black finish, batteries for almost 3 months. I've used 2 exclusively and they are lasting about 4 hours of hard vaping, I started rotating in a third just to keep a spare one charged.

Lucky! I now have 5 402s and none of them last for more than 2 hours of moderate use. 401s seem to last about 4, maybe.

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Lucky! I now have 5 402s and none of them last for more than 2 hours of moderate use. 401s seem to last about 4, maybe.

Do your 402's have one hole on the flat base of the battery or two holes on the screw post just below the threads? Are your 402’s autos, if so maybe they are activating when you aren’t vaping and running the battery down.
The 402 autos I have are the ones with the two holes on the screw post, my 401 manuals have the single hole on the flat base as did the 401 autos that I exchanged for manuals due the their sensitivity issues. My 402 autos may be knock offs, old stock or new stock IDK, but they are still going strong, 4 hours per charge and it will be 4 months this weekend. I started rotating all my 40x batteries so none of them die of loneliness.

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Oh, about those 901 batts anyone? How long do they last and at whay V. do they run at?
Joe

I got the 905 with the gray battery from MFS, 3.? volts and it lasts close to 24 Hrs per charge. I mostly use it at home because I was dropping it alot so it's all dinged up, but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. Otherwise I like the 40x's for being out in the world, not as many strange looks and they clip to my shirt so I don't drop them as much.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Paisley, my 402 autos have 1 hole. I bet yours were old stock from back before the quality control issues some have experienced. My 402 are still going from maybe 6 mos ago and last a good while. I have not noticed any shortening of time yet. They don't get used so much lately though.

I was asking about 901 batts. I have now heard that they run at a lower than 3.7V range. The 808 batts run at 3.7 though. Your 905 works at 3.7 or it is supposed to. I started a thread about 905s here somewhere.

Oh, how do you clip your 402s to your shirt?
Joe

Do your 402's have one hole on the flat base of the battery or two holes on the screw post just below the threads? Are your 402’s autos, if so maybe they are activating when you aren’t vaping and running the battery down.
The 402 autos I have are the ones with the two holes on the screw post, my 401 manuals have the single hole on the flat base as did the 401 autos that I exchanged for manuals due the their sensitivity issues. My 402 autos may be knock offs, old stock or new stock IDK, but they are still going strong, 4 hours per charge and it will be 4 months this weekend. I started rotating all my 40x batteries so none of them die of loneliness.

Pretty sure they're all single hole. both manual and auto, they all last about the same.

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Paisley, my 402 autos have 1 hole. I bet yours were old stock from back before the quality control issues some have experienced. My 402 are still going from maybe 6 mos ago and last a good while. I have not noticed any shortening of time yet. They don't get used so much lately though.

I was asking about 901 batts. I have now heard that they run at a lower than 3.7V range. The 808 batts run at 3.7 though. Your 905 works at 3.7 or it is supposed to. I started a thread about 905s here somewhere.

Oh, how do you clip your 402s to your shirt?
Joe

I don't have any 901 battys, just the 905 and I use a Pentel mechanical pencil clip and slide it onto the 40x batty.

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
M401.jpg
This is the M401 with clip rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread