Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I use a 808 to 401 adapter in order to use the 401 atties on my Kr808s (manuals). Works very nicely.

I, too, tried a 306(?) DT and it is a little loose as you mentioned. I used tape and it held very well. However, the plastic DT gave an off flavor to the vape. I don't think it is Delrin, it was a freebie I received and had no other use for. I bet the Delrin would work well even if it looks a little hobo with the tape.

I tried rigging a 401 cart (without the filler insert) and managed to smash it too pieces. It was quite brittle. Perhaps I needed a sharper blade for cutting/trimming, ya think? LOL.

I prefer dripping to dipping for the very reason I would love a good fitting DT -- I get tired of removing the cart off and on to vape! :)

Last edited:

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
I ordered a clear 306 drip tip from liquidxpress with the LR306 Cisco "brand". That clear drip tip goes over an M401 very snugly and won't come out, unlike the delrin 306 drip tip I ordered from another source--COV. Nothing against Clouds of Vapor since the delrin drip tip wasn't made specifically for the 401.

I'm using the clear drip tip on a genuine Smoore M401 atty, the one with the nice round bridge. No leakage at all and that tip stays on secure. Haven't tried it on on a knock off 401 with the pointy bridge. There's bound to be slight variations in the diameters of attys and drip tips but you might get lucky on the first try.

I much prefer the M401 to a 306 in whatever variety for dripping. Been dripping with a 401 for about 9 months now. I use a nicobox with a 401 connector so I have no worries regarding killing a proprietary battery.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
alternately if you know anyone who does woodworking or pen turning they're super easy to make yourself... ones like the nhaler twisted tips are made of acrylic and you can get the acrylic pen blanks at a woodworking shop...you can get 3-4 out of a blank that costs the same as 1 DT ($5)...I made a few for my 306 and 510 like that took about 30-40 min apiece..you'd just have to drill a different size inner diameter for your 401...

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
alternately if you know anyone who does woodworking or pen turning they're super easy to make yourself... ones like the nhaler twisted tips are made of acrylic and you can get the acrylic pen blanks at a woodworking shop...you can get 3-4 out of a blank that costs the same as 1 DT ($5)...I made a few for my 306 and 510 like that took about 30-40 min apiece..you'd just have to drill a different size inner diameter for your 401...

Can I commision you to make me a 401 drip tip?

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I have been thinking about a drip tip of late also ...
so after reading this I went and made one, using an idea I had read about here a few weeks back .
It seems to work fine & tastes 10 X better.

So what I did is use a empty cart ... I cut the atomizer end back 3/8 of an inch,

.....I marked it then rolled it back & forth on the table under a sharp box knife blade,
just go slow and watch your pressure so you don't shatter the plastic.

That made it short enough to put the bridge just 1/4 inch or so under cart end ,
then I used an ice pick (warmed up in a flame) to make the end hole bigger,
just a little short of the side walls.
Then I used some rolled up sand paper to smooth the edges. TA DA !

Now it's a little tight, so beware of turning the atty,when pulling off & putting on since all M40X users know (or should know) that turning a M40X atty is a slow and certain death to the atty. If your wondering why here's the video YouTube - Atomizer damage prevention

And back to the unsealed batts , I would not drop more than 2-3 drops in there . If your battery ever starts flashing fast after dripping juice,take it off QUICK ! & clean out any juice that got in battery. I've seen this ...but haven't killed the batt yet , but I am also using a screwed up battery
(won't hold a charge for more then 40 mins) so if I kill it it's not a huge loss.

It gets really warm & it's kinda weird seeing the atty bridge so close to your mouth
...but It's PRETTY COOL !!! YAY! :banana:

Now I gotta work on my aim ... gotta drip it right down the center ...I think ?

Last edited:

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Pokey, how does that 401 atty work w/ the 808? They are 3.7V right? I use a 901 to 401 adapter for my 905 3.7V and it works good.
Joe

Works great, good vape and have had no problems at all. I really enjoy being able to drip without messing up the battery (I am using manuals and they are sealed).

I am thrilled with the longer battery life of the Kr808 vs. the M401s (the 808 XLs are rated at 380 mAhs and are 3.7v).

Really liking the idea of a DT so I don't have to constantly take off the mouthpiece -- not able to make one, the clear one mentioned in the earlier post is a little pricey, but that's what you get for not having the right friends or equipment! :)

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I have been thinking about a drip tip of late also ...
so after reading this I went and made one, using an idea I had read about here a few weeks back .
It seems to work fine & tastes 10 X better.

So what I did is use a empty cart ... I cut the atomizer end back 3/8 of an inch,

.....I marked it then rolled it back & forth on the table under a sharp box knife blade,
just go slow and watch your pressure so you don't shatter the plastic.

That made it short enough to put the bridge just 1/4 inch or so under cart end ,
then I used an ice pick (warmed up in a flame) to make the end hole bigger,
just a little short of the side walls.
Then I used some rolled up sand paper to smooth the edges. TA DA !

Now it's a little tight, so beware of turning the atty,when pulling off & putting on since all M40X users know (or should know) that turning a M40X atty is a slow and certain death to the atty. If your wondering why here's the video YouTube - Atomizer damage prevention

And back to the unsealed batts , I would not drop more than 2-3 drops in there . If your battery ever starts flashing fast after dripping juice,take it off QUICK ! & clean out any juice that got in battery. I've seen this ...but haven't killed the batt yet , but I am also using a screwed up battery
(won't hold a charge for more then 40 mins) so if I kill it it's not a huge loss.

It gets really warm & it's kinda weird seeing the atty bridge so close to your mouth
...but It's PRETTY COOL !!! YAY! :banana:

Now I gotta work on my aim ... gotta drip it right down the center ...I think ?

Hmmm...now you've got me thinking, again.

Curious, why are you shortening the cart to have the atty so close? Is it for better aim at the bridge since the cart is straight? I don't like it when the mouthpiece gets too hot! :)

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for the info Pokey! I may get some 808 batts to use on my 808 cartos and my 901/808 to 401 adapter. I like 401 attys w/ the adapter and 3.7V. But shoot, I will need a charger. Maybe I will need to get a starter kit but I would rather just have those XL 808s. Hmmm?
joe

Papa! Watch the classys! 808 batts goes up for sale, frequently, and it might be a less expensive way for trying it out! I've given away my extra chargers and manual XLs or I'd send one to ya, sorry!

Kelley, makes sense to me about the drip getting where it nees to go! Glad to hear it wasn't getting hot, warm is OK! Thanks for sharing the tips...

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I cut end off cart and direct drip w/ M40x.
Been doing that well over a year.
Haven't had any problems from flooding auto batt or pass through.
Sometimes I clean a gummed up batt w/ drinking alcohol.
Been using pass trough over a year and still works great.
Auto batts last a few months; keep 4 in rotation.
Attys last longer than batts; use only at a time one w/ no rotaion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread