M601XL thread size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Grant, some suppliers call the m301 a m601XL. The 301 has a sleeve and the 601 has an exposed bridge like a 401.These are kinda new so maybe that's why here is not much info in the guides. There is info about them in this Model Specific section though. I think they may both have their own threads and nothing else works w/o an adapter. And, adapters may be hard to come by. I am not positive though.
Joe

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Does anyone know the size of tap (thread making device) I'd need to connect to an M601XL atty? It's not listed in any of the thread size guides I've found.

Not sure how helpful this will be since I don't know the exact thread specs. However, the closest nut and bolt I could find locally at both Lowe's and Homedepot was the hex nut M8-1.0. It almost works but the thread is too rough at 1.0, so the Smoore thread might be M8-.5 or .75. Again, just a guess since I don't have a full set of metric tap & dies to double-check against.

Premium Electronic Cigarette Kits, Juice + Supplies and more specifically 510 to M601 Adapter

sells a 510-M601 (which also fits M301 and Xpower) adapter for reasonable price. They're in Canada so give about 3 extra days for delivery.

Edit--I just noticed you're in Ontario. Even better for you on the adapters.

Last edited:

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Now for a 901 to 601 so I can use my 905. Hmm, I wonder if an X-Power would work on a 601? Or, maybe the 900 atty that is made for the X-Power works just as good as a 601?
Joe

Let me know if you find an adapter apart from a 510 to 601. Wouldn't mind getting even more different adapters since it makes life so much easier. You might have to go initially with 901 to 510 adapter, then piggyback a 510 to 601 on top of that to use your 905.

The M601 atty threads into an Xpower. The Xpower is good for the Xpower atty, xpower cartomizer, M301 and the M601 atties.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Well now would it be better to get the X-Power or just use a 3.7V w/ adapters for 601 attys? Hmmm??? Or...
Joe

A plan might be--just to try out for minimal expenditure--get the 510 to 601 adapter plus at least one 601 atty of whichever type from electronic-cigz.com for about $23 including shipping. By whichever type I mean there's the classic M601 exposed atty, a M301 type with a sleeve (great for dripping), and a cartomizer. The electronic-cigz adapter will fit all those variations.

Later if after vaping that for a while and enjoying it then get the nice Xpower kit starting at about $50.

By 3.7v device I'm guessing you mean the 905 screwdriver clone? Don't have that myself so I don't know if the native threading is for 901, in which case you will need a 901 to 510 adapter as well. Also, not sure if the 905 is a true 3.7v device like a box mod or if it's regulated down to about 3.2v as are the eGo variations which includes the Riva and probably the Xpower. I prefer the M301 @3.2v myself but it does fine on a box mod too (3.7v).

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Thanks as always Kemuri! Ever need to know something about food, cooking, gambling math, poker, pool, or pets, I might could return the favor?

Yes, the 905 has 901 threads. And runs at true 3.7 I am told. I had to get a 901/808 carto adapter to use the 808 cartos. They work just fine. As does my 901 to 401 adapter w/ my 401 attys.

I have no 510 stuff so yes, I would also need a 901/510 and piggyback as you suggested earlier. Not sure how well that would work though?

I was thinking about getting some 808 batts since they run at 3.7V, like my 905, I am told. But maybe I should just forget about 808s and spring for the X-Power since I can then use it w/ the 601/301 attys that I would love to try. And, they maybe run at 3.2 witch might work better. My 401 attys work good at 3.7 though. Although I can tell a difference from the 401 batts.

Hey, I'm vaping OK now but the grass is always greener. :~))
Joe

Oh, I hope no new members try to read this because I bet they would get REAL comfused. :~0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread