Wood Made a new Cocobolo DNA60 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always wanted a high end wood mod but have never been able to spend the money they want for one. That is not to say they aren't worth every penny but just more than I can afford right now. Being that I am a hobbiest hand tool woodworker I thought I should be able to make one. I have made a couple in the past but they always end up a bit larger than I wanted. This time I am happy with the result so I thought I'd post it here, that is if I can figure out this picture posting.

Here are the specs: Cocobolo body, ebony screen face plate, black mitec fire switch, single 18650, tact switch up and down, Varitube 510, and Evolv dna 60 board. Heavily inspired by the JMFD which is probably my favorite high end mod right now. Everything was done using hand tools as this is how I woodwork. I must say that after doing this mod I am surprised how little some of the high end mods actually cost. This thing took some serious time to get done.

Cocobolo mod inside resize.jpg Cocobolo mod1 resize.jpg Cocobolo mod2 resize.jpg Cocobolo mod3 resize.jpg Cocobolo mod4 resize.jpg Cocobolo mod5 resize.jpg Cocobolo mod6.jpg

Cocobolo mod7.jpg

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
Mexico
I have always wanted a high end wood mod but have never been able to spend the money they want for one. That is not to say they aren't worth every penny but just more than I can afford right now. Being that I am a hobbiest hand tool woodworker I thought I should be able to make one. I have made a couple in the past but they always end up a bit larger than I wanted. This time I am happy with the result so I thought I'd post it here, that is if I can figure out this picture posting.

Here are the specs: Cocobolo body, ebony screen face plate, black mitec fire switch, single 18650, tact switch up and down, Varitube 510, and Evolv DNA 60 board. Heavily inspired by the JMFD which is probably my favorite high end mod right now. Everything was done using hand tools as this is how I woodwork. I must say that after doing this mod I am surprised how little some of the high end mods actually cost. This thing took some serious time to get done.

View attachment 638873 View attachment 638875 View attachment 638877 View attachment 638879 View attachment 638881 View attachment 638883 View attachment 638885

View attachment 638887
Very, very nice. I would have gone differently on the shape, but the end result is outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread