MadVapes Weekly Contest - July 20 through July 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Happy Monday! Time for a new contest! This week, we're giving away:

1 x e-Huge mod Kit (Comes w/ battery and charger)
1 x EHPro Squape rta
1 x 30' Spool of Vapowire
1 x 5-Pack Organic Japanese Cotton
100mL of Any e-liquid

To be entered into this contest, tell us a little bit about your vaping habits. Specifically,

When do you upgrade? Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things? Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"?

One random winner will be chosen on Friday. You can post as many times as you'd like, but each person can only be entered into the contest once.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I only started vaping two months ago, so far my upgrades have been when "OH CRAP THIS IS BROKEN". . . I started on a cheap starter kit, and I soon learned my lesson about why it was so cheap! So far I've had to run and buy a new tank and battery at my local shop and I've tossed the original starter kit completely! (The battery is completely non-functioning and the tank leaks like mad) I'm looking to upgrade my battery to a box mod by choice next paycheck. I'm not really a person who always needs the newest or the best or anything, but I would like to see what a "good" vaping experience feels like with better equipment!

poobear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2010
IN
I started vaping 4 year ago,,, I upgraded about 6 months ago,,, always on the hunt for new things for sure,,,(LIKE CHRISTMAS TO ME)I keep all my old stuff to see what I stated with and where I go from there it is like a history i'm building for me aleast that what I doing for me so I can look back in my way older years to see it,,,,

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
I always want the latest things, but I am learning to be a bit more selective than I used to be. I don't pre-order and I will wait to hear/learn some reviews before buying. All that being said, I am usually on the hunt for something new at any given time, but I've rarely had to buy something to replace a broken item.

As far as collecting vs. piffing old gear, I used to be more more of a collector, but in the last 6 months or so I have gotten rid of most all of my older mods and tanks. It is nice to have the space and I feel better about getting vape stuff into the hands of others. Generally speaking, even outside of vaping, I am finding it beneficial to donate and give away things I am not using. That old phrase about us not "owning our possessions", but our possessions "owning" us rings true(er) as I get older.

Thanks for the contest!

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
When do you upgrade? Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things? Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"?

I upgrade when my vaping journey advances. First it was EGO twist. From there I went to VV. Now I'm doing VW. I stay with what works. I have a back-up for my work device and a couple for home use. I have PIF most of my older equipment. I try to remember the old saying "If it ain't broke, why fix it."

Reactions: liblue1

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
<<<<<WINDOW SHOPPER!!!! I love to look and see what is new, but I'm often late to buy most items because I am very selective. Some things I have had to replace on short notice due to my clumsiness (I was on a tear for a couple of months where I broke three protank glass sections!!), but mostly it is about getting things that I feel like I really want. I try to keep some older items for backups and such, but the rest has been given away. Thank ya'!

vmtorres1

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2015

When I started vaping in December last year, I upgraded when the thing broke down. Now I want to upgrade whenever I have some disposable cash on hand. Usually, when I get new things, I will add the tanks to "The Collection", while mods go to my wife or friends that are getting started with vaping... I figure that it's always good to help out someone who is just getting started so they don't fall off the wagon.

chigal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2012
chicago
I also wait until I read reviews to buy new gear. The new stuff also has to fulfill my needs significantly better than what I'm using currently to make me open my wallet. I'm not about the newest shiny bright. I also don't care about latest trends, like I don't think I'll ever get into sub-ohming or cloud chasing.

So far, I've been collecting. I want to pass my old gear on to new vapers, but in the back of my mind, I worry about regulations since none of my batts use external batteries.

Thanks for the contest! Good luck all!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I tend to find something I like, that works well for me, and stick with it for quite a long time. I follow this for both mods and toppers. This usually means my older gear has been so well used it could not be sold, and I'd be embarrassed to give it away. Anything that breaks will be saved for parts, or possibly the base for a new home-built mod.

I will watch for new stuff coming out, and the reviews from early adopters. Usually means if I buy anything it's usually version 2 or later.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guess I am one of those exceptions to the rules.....I "upgrade" with a new puck mod box when I feel like building...each one is different and had a different purpose.....some are made for "in home use" with no on/off switch.....some are for dripping with a built in drip shield..........and some are smaller and made for going out.....so when a need arises for a new one that's when I will "upgrade"....
My tanks are a different story as I have been using the Unitank for over a year and will be for a long time as the new tanks will not work on my mod.....but if there were a new tank that ran about 2.2-2.8 Ohm I might consider trying it...most of my old items I have put away in a nice storage box with cartos/coils so I know what goes with what.....since I like to tinker, someday I might build my own with those parts........so I guess "my collection" is spare parts for another time......

Reactions: Stosh

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I've been vaping on and off for for about 4 years... started with the cheap Chinese knockoffs then switched to an authentic joyetech device when that broke... when post marital 'bliss' pushed back to the nasties for a while I needed a push back to vaping. My GF got me an itaste clk 1280 and a kanger EMOW for Christmas. I dabbled with that for a bit read a bunch lurking on these forums and elsewhere then took the plunge into subohming. I bought a simple setup a little while ago (eleaf 50w and kanger subtank plus). I loved it so much I've been looking to get more devices so I can use TC coils and an RDA so I can do some serious cloud chasing.

When I settle on what I want to get I'll make another purchase but will likely stick with that for a while as I want to keep the cost of vaping less than the cost of the analogs.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'm too new to vaping to even guess when how or why I might upgrade. I started vaping to beat the nasties and have already been smoke free for 15 days. I feel that I've already found the "perfect for me" mod in my 20W eGrips......it did exactly what I needed it to. Unfortunately one of them has already fallen victim to my clumsiness and needs to be replaced so I'm currently looking for something to at least match the performance of my eGrips. I would definitely be happy to try out a new eHuge for free... hint hint.

As for old equipment should I ever have any to pass on that is definitely what I'd do. I already carry a 10 pack of sanitary tester tips in the hope that I can show someone else that vaping could be their way to beat the nasties also.

DEFINITELY...VAPE IT FORWARD!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stosh

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA

I've only been vaping under two months, so vaping is still relatively new to me. However I've put likely hundreds of hours into reading and researching and thanks to this forum and ECR I've learned so much and met so many cool people. In terms of upgrading my gear and all though, there isn't a whole lot of that going on. I started with an MVP 2 on May 28th of this year and I was finally able to put down cigarettes for good, haven't had one since. A friend on the forums PIF'd a used IPV mini 2 to me and I use it quite a bit as well, although still not as much as the MVP 2. I haven't really been able to upgrade either due to money restrictions, but if I had the extra cash to spend I'd definitely acquire a couple more mods and tanks/drippers. In terms of getting rid of my old gear, I don't really have a whole lot yet, once I do start to upgrade though and acquire more, I plan to PIF some of my older stuff to friends and family.

Thanks for the contest, I appreciate the chance! :thumb:

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
Definitely go through phases. Like others have said, at first it was to upgrade from starter gear, and I went through the usual shinyitis syndrome a few times in the past year, but now I don't feel the need to keep buying more things since I am very content finally. Spend most all of my vape budget on juice, actually. Same phases go for collecting. I seem to build up the old vaping drawer in my dresser, but eventually I run into a situation where I want to offer some things to a newer vaper, and I clear some stuff out.

Fun to read these and thank you for this week's contest! :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I rarely upgrade to be honest :) Once I find something I love I stay with it. I guess I upgrade when I have to or when I get extra money to do so. My go to tank has been my FBC tank from Madvapes since I think around December 2014. I love it so much. My MVP 2.0 is my go to battery/mod (also from Madvapes). The day it gives out I will probably cry ;)
When I do get to vape shop and upgrade and if I love my old setup I keep it, but if it is something I do not need then I PIF. When I vape shop i normally buy what i need first, and if I have money left over I buy more of my favorite tank, coils, etc. Now on special occasions that I get to REALLY vape shop I do tend to pick up new things to try :)

Thank you as always Madvapes and Crowedude for the contest!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I vape it til I break it. I've been using my Cloupor T8 for a year now and since it keeps performing as expected, so I just keep chugging along with it. RDA's and tanks on the other hand keep appearing, not so much as "this is new and I want it now", but its nice to have a deep bench for trying out new juices. I have a vape graveyard (a shoebox under my bed) where the Ego's went to die with their Evod friends. Unless my Cloupor bites the dust, I will just save my money, read reviews, and wait until Temp Control has been perfected and spring for a nice new mod.

Thank you for the opportunity!

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I'm always on the lookout, but I've recently been more discriminatory. I've been vaping for almost a year now and the first 6 months were a constant, progressive move to bigger and better. I finally settled on Kayfuns and an iStick50 because it gives me the best combination of flavor and battery life. I have added a few Subtanks to my ranks, but it is mostly Kayfuns in my arsenal (12 at last count). I also recently added a Starre tank to the lineup, but I didn't buy it, I won it. I've been looking lately at a nice dripper (Velocity) and I know I'll need something with a bit more power to drive it. Something like this will be my first major upgrade purchase since February.

thanks for the contest, crowedude

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I guess my upgrades are interest based more than anything. I started with an iStick 30, a Smok micro GDC and a Nautilus mini. Then I got an iStick 50 for more battery life and added 2 standard Nautilus to that order. Then I found temp control and Snagged the Snow Wolf. Gave my 30w iStick and mini Nautilus to a friend in need. Got a SubTank and a couple rda's and some nickel wire. Now I got my girlfriend vaping to help her quit cigs so she has my 50w iStick and both my Nautilus. Well, hearing about the problems with that mod (although I've had zero problems in 3 months) I want to get her something with a better track record. Once that's taken care of, I will be looking for a bottom feeder. Then a dual 18650 mech mod. Maybe a tube style mech after that. More atty's too. I guess you could say I mean to collect, but keep giving them away instead. Maybe I don't even know what I want to do? Does this pass muster for the contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread