Status
Not open for further replies.

WifeyCO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Mile Hi City
Actually I haven't done anything this week for St. Patty day. I am just enjoying the sunny, warm weather, before the next storm come in.

irish-blessing-2.png

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Many years ago I was walking down the street with a friend who had done some traveling, watching the St. Patrick's day parade go by, and he asked me 'Do you know how they celebrate this day in Ireland?' I looked around at all the people wearing bright green and drinking booze from Big-Gulp cups, and said 'Like this?' He replied 'No, they don't do anything except make take the family to church. It's no big deal at all. All this hoopla is strictly an American custom.'
I don't know if that's changed at all over the years, but I didn't find it surprising. Anyway, I barely even know it's coming until there's a parade and I see throngs of drunken celebrants passing through my neighborhood after the big party. I tend to avoid all the 'drinking' holidays.

Thanks for another contest, MV :)

xanatos333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Here and there
Getting ready for my grandfather's birthday at the end of the week. He's turning 100 so there's going to be a lot of people I've never met before showing up and some that I don't want to see again. I'm not sure what we have planned for everybody to do yet though and I'd guess we'll play that by ear.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
We'll be going as a family to the Ozark Folk Center State Park's Skillet Restaurant for an Irish buffet that can't be beat. While there, we'll have live Irish music from a folk music group. Afterwards, we'll come home and put on another corned beef & cabbage (and tatties, neeps, and carrots) for the making of colcannon on the days following St. Patrick's.

You're invited, Crowedude, but do RSVP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread