Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I used to carry taster tips in a baggie in my pocket just hoping to find a life to save. When the opportunity finally arrived I screwed up BIG TIME!
I had a gentleman ask about my vape who said his doctor was on his back to quit the nasties. We chatted a bit and put a taster tip on my (turbocharged) Evod and left him try my tobacco flavor. He put on a big smile, nodded his head saying that's really good. So I had another Evod full of Berry flavored (i thought) liquid and offered that to him. He takes it and just as he started to hit it I remembered that I had switched the flavor to a Peppermint Pattie flavored juice! OMG!!! That poor man almost collapsed to the ground! I thought he was gonna cough up a lung! Was hoping to save him and nearly killed him.
Total stranger, never saw him again. Maybe he remembered how much he enjoyed the Tobacco flavor and took to vaping. Maybe he's out there with a shotgun trying to hunt me down for the 'Berry' flavor.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
I have helped2 others stop smoking and start vaping one was my aunt I gave an evic VT kit to she stopped right away and the other is a long time friend I gave her an istick 50w and a kanger subtank, recently I gave her my velocity rda and she has started dripping and loves it.

Thanks for the chance to win and thanks madvapes and crowdude

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
So far I have been able to help my son and his girl, my BFF and a few friends I worked with.

I started my son and his girl vaping with ego twists and kanger evods as they refused to use "big" mods. Neither of them were able to completely quit smoking and eventually returned to smoking full time until last week while visiting they saw a few kboxes I ordered on the ultra cheap for a friend and said they would use something like that. So, I quickly set them up with the same kboxes, subtanks, coils, batteries, charger and several flavors of eliquid! Both were able to quit smoking day one so far and counting :)

My BFF was also of the little stick battery twist/spinners/protank mind and she was able to successfully quit 40 years of smoking using them day one almost a year ago now. She, just two weeks ago, graduated up to provari 2.5s/nautilus at my urging (as her stick batteries kept dying on her almost as quickly as she could buy them) and she is thrilled with the bigger tanks, bigger regulated mods and the external batteries!

All of the friends I converted at work also wanted the small profile gear and most are still happily vaping away on twist/spinner ego type batteries, evods, protanks or mini nautilus. All of them were able to stop smoking using this type of gear, it has been a few years now and so far none have gone back to smoking.
I only know of 2 that stepped up to bigger/better gear and one that stopped both smoking/vaping altogether, but all of them that still vape have gone to 0 nic.
I will say though for this group there is a lot of motivation to stop smoking and nicotine use in any form as they work for a strict no-nic hiring corporation that froze already employed nicotine users in their current position when that policy went into effect.

I honestly think support and help with the gear is as important as the gear itself. Having constant positive encouragement and help close by when your gear messes up is vital to not only quitting but remaining smoke free.

I have had to coach my friends though a variety of gear problems at all times of the day and night :)
Just today my son called me from his work because his kbox was just blinking at him when he pressed the fire button and not working. He said his girl was going to stop over in a bit with it for me to look at after she dropped him off some cigs to make it through the rest of his shift (they only have one car). I told him oh no have her come by here first that I would lend him a mod and she could bring his back here for me to look at (back up tanks next month's budget, they have back up kboxes) I was able to fix the problem within a few moments and return it to him when he got off work and show him what was wrong so he could fix the problem if it happened again, but, if I was not around (or someone that could help with the problem) he would have gone back to smoking, for the day at very least, making it that much harder to quit smoking again.

I see the same thing expressed often here in the forum, new people with gear/eliquid issues often becoming frustrated and going back to smoking. The whole vaping learning curve... all the different gear required in vaping, nic levels, PG/VG levels, flavors... can be a real detriment to some being successful in quitting smoking long term no matter what type of gear they are using unless they have good help and support.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the choices we have now and even thought I am a very experienced vaper I hesitate these days to suggest options for new Vapers. My tried and tested methods have been superseded and I can't teach them about current gear.......so I stay stuck in the past and point them to more knowledgeable vapers who know about current gear.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
So far....I think 8 have stuck with vaping, 2 still dual use, and I got 1 to switch from dual use to vape only. Most of them were with simple eVod kits and some juice. The dual to vape was with a hand-me-on istick 30w and a few Protanks. I've even used an atty exchange program with a few of the locals I helped.

Like @Foggy Road , I usually have a silicone cover in the bottom of my purse when I'm out...lol...

Thanks for the contest, good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
My conversion rate is 0.
About 2 years ago after I had been vaping for 6 months I discussed it with a friend who still smoked. We talked on Skype several times and I was able to show her the ego twists and evods I had been using until I upgraded. She was very interested so I sent her a pif package with 2 twists, charger, 4 evod tanks, spare coils, some diy at various nic levels, links to information sites, etc.. I thought if she had questions/problems we could Skype and work out any questions/issues. To the best of my knowledge she never even opened the box after it arrived. Whether the starter box got pif'd as requested I do not know.
I have offered to 2 other people to set them up with some basic gear if they were interested but both passed.
I have talked with others that showed interest in vaping but do not know if they pursued it any further - I hope they did.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Was able to get 2 people started. One was still on it a month later but haven't seen him in a year so hoping he stayed with it. The other was the lady who was the recipient of a Madvapes PIF at the beginning of last year and she is still using the gear.
Thanks for the contest!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I got one of my Friends to switch by Setting him up with an iTaste VV3 and an Aerotank with Hangsen Reno 18mg Nic, which is one of the same setups I use to use, and sometimes still do! :) He has stuck to it uses a wide range of gear like most these days.

I have been trying to convert my Brother, but he wont commit to it, though I keep trying!!

Theres many people that I helped start vaping, but I didn't "Convert" them, just helped them in the right direction. Mainly people from work.

Other than that, its hard to as I dont know very many smokers...

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've tried with 4 different folks (one married couple, a friend, and a guy with whom I used to hang at the "smoke pit")

Zip, Zilch, Zero, Nada :(

Married couple (at least the wife) dabbles; the hubby can't take a drag without coughing. Friend went back to smoking - not dedicated enough to even change a coil in an EVOD tank :( Smoke Pit Guy still smokes, but vapes off and on.....

Don't know how else to help....

Thanks MadVapes and @Crowedude654 for another great contest!

xdragonx917

Aug 6, 2014
Watauga TX
I have tried to convert my wife for 2 years now and she still won't budge. I bought her a aspire cf/vw-mini Nautilus kit and she gave up after few weeks. At least once a day I ask her to try my juice. Now she just gets annoyed.[emoji17]

But I keep trying. Thanks for chance to win.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Rob Bacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2015
Spokane, Washington
Yes I have! I just last week gave a gal that works at the pharmacy i go to my cool fire iv, with triton tank, crap ton of coils, and a 30 ml bottle of juice. She had told me earlier that day that she was thinking about quitting smoking. I immediately went home and loaded up vape gear and drove back. She started to cry when i came back and showed her how to use setup. That was last week and she called me today that she hasn't smoked at all. She threw her stinkies away as soon as i gaver her my stuff.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
The only person I've helped get into vaping had already quit smoking. But she still craved the nicotine and didn't want to go back to the stinkies. I sent her an array of beginner gear, basically all my retired gear from when I first started - a couple of Iclear 16's, a Protank and a Protank Mini, a couple stick batteries and a bunch of coils. Then about a hundred emails explaining everything and answering all her questions, which I offered and did gladly.
That was almost a year ago and she's still vaping, so I guess I did something right. And not that it matters to this contest, but her favorite retailer is Mad Vapes.
Thanks for the contest!

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Have you ever converted anyone from smoking to vaping?

Might have!.

Was outside a hospital maybe 2 1/2 years ago having a vape after
visiting a relative. Two heart patients were having a smoke :facepalm: and
inquired about vaping. Explained that I was able to quit pretty much
immediately after acquiring my first mini 808d kit, suggested
to them what they should start out with, where to find more info (ECF)
and where to make their purchases. They sounded serious in making the
switch, but I have no idea as to whether or not they pursued vaping.

If so, how many people have you converted, did it stick, and what was
the device that finally got them to switch?

Possibly two. No idea if it stuck and they most likely went with the ego kits that
I had suggested to them (2 1/2 years ago is prehistoric in the vape hardware world).

Thanks for the contest Crowedude654 /MadVapes !

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Today I had a plumber in the house working on my drain lines. When he was sitting on the floor I noticed a pack of stinky's in his shirt pocket. I went and got my vape and asked him if he knew anything about it. He said he was curious so we talked vape for a half hour as he worked. All my vapes are advanced mods and tanks. I was explaining on how much it would cost for him to try vape, versus a quality starter kit when I light bulb went off. I started digging thru a drawer and found a 500 mah battery and an old Aspire BDC tank with 2 new coils, and a usb charger for the el cheapo battery. So his cost to try and see if he liked vape went from 25 to 30 for a cheap blister pack vape and juice to a bottle of juice. I could tell he was happy, he saved me a dollar as well.

PIF to the next poster....

Thanks Crowe and MadVapes

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
first ty for the contest. its contests like these that if we win..helps us to be able to pif to new vapors and such.

ive been vaping since 2010 so i have pifed to ...to many to count now lol but most that i keep in contact with r still vaping. family member that i helped r still vaping. and as i still continue my journey i still pif and help who ever i can to start to vape or be able to keep on vaping.
my first kit i pifed was a bronze colored little 510 kit i won on ecf.. they used it til i got them a ego...some people i help still like to start with the lil 510!!! i do have some that r dual users..but smoke way less than they did. so its still a win. thats one less smoke than they had the day before so i'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread