Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I love mechs. They're beautiful works of art, and with a little maintenance, will hit dependably everytime and last forever. I was a hardcore mech girl until I won a Disrupter on the innokin/ECF giveaway. I'm kinda favoring the Disrupter now, and have redirected my window shopping (all the shopping I can do atm :laugh: ) to more regulated box mods. But as soon as the dreaded problems of regulated boxes rear their ugly heads (spontaneous combustion, zapped chips, etc.), my heart would be completely shattered and I'd be right back to mechs.

...yup, I'm fickle. :blush: :D

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I love my mech mods. Reliable, easy to maintain, dirt cheap (clones) and virtually indestructible. I use both of them every day. I'm not opposed to regulated mods at all, in fact I have one little sigelei 30W mini that rocks my Kayfun 4 quite nicely. It's just that the higher wattage boxes are still a little too pricey for my limited budget.
Thanks for another cool contest, MV :)

74deeds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Seattle
YES!
I always have a few Mechs going at any given time (currently an Astro with a tobh, A stingray with a tatroe T2, and a smpl with a derringer). And a couple with LR 510, 306 or 901 attys, depending on the mod/mood. I will NEVER retire my Empire or Helix DCA setups!

YES, There are still some of us using Mech Mods!!

I know I am not alone...

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I have a few, but rarely use them especially after hearing about some SMPL explosions. I know, it is a hybrid but it still freaks me out.

I didn't see who won last weeks contest?
Aw, they're not that scary. :) You just have to know what conditions you have to have for them to be safe. Krp posted some pics of the atty pins a few pages back. And maybe stick to more traditional RBAs. (I remember one of the incidents being with an Atlantis type atty.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kprthevapr

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Aw, they're not that scary. :) You just have to know what conditions you have to have for them to be safe. Krp posted some pics of the atty pins a few pages back. And maybe stick to more traditional RBAs.
Maybe I'll give one a shot tonight. I still have a SMPL and a Nemesis. Used to use the Tobh, Magma, and Freakshow with them.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I use mechanicals as part of my rotation but it's probably down to 20% of the time. Daytime using tanks, regulated mods are handy to set the power and have it hit so consistently. In the evening, I'll often enjoy more flavors on a mechanical setup with a smaller tank or a dripper. I only use one or two regulated mods, but with the mechs I rotate through a half dozen or so, big and small. Their simplicity, reliability and good looks make them a pleasure.

Thanks for the fun!

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I've sold/given away all mine except for my nemesis, have been thinking of getting another though since it's pretty beat up now but since I only use it a couple times a month I'm not sure if it's gonna be a good investment, chances are I'm just gonna pick up a high wattage mod when I get some more money, my 40w isn't quite enough to satisfy me especially with TC.

54-58w TC is actually around where I'm aiming for so this 60w would be perfect!

Good luck everyone...

Last edited:

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
Mech's forever, Just had to loan a Mech out to a friend who dropped his Istick and broke it :( I do have a few regulated but prefer a mech mod

t3.jpg

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
I just use my regulated mods. I like how they vape, you can sub ohm, and now they have temperature control. I just think they are safer and now you can get them with replaceable batteries. I love the screen that I can play with and adjust!!! The prices are affordable and I guess I feel more confident with the safety of regulated.

Thanks for the great contest again this week!

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Last year I decided to bulletproof my vaping and added quality mechs to my collection. I need top fire mods so I was limited in my choice. I have a couple of bod mecha's (byleo) and a couple of poldiacs. I love them and they move in and out of my weekly rotation. Because I don't really vary my tanks so they are incredibly easy to use. Beautifully made and work flawlessly. All of these can use after market tubes and give me colour and size/weight options.

I am lazy when it comes to battery management so I do use kicks (I don't need them for regulation) but I like the fact they cut out when the battery gets low. I trust them and they are an integral part of my vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread