Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Yay! I finally found the rda, RBA, RTA, etc section! Well thats good.

Ohkay, so I just got a Magma today and I know these are very popular with the flavor chaser's out there. I wanted to see what everyone's favorite builds on these rda's are?

Please answer in this format:

Dual or single coil?
What gauge kanthal?
What size wrapping post?
Total resistance?
Wicking process/setup?
Any other information you feel is important.

Thanks erraybudday, my first build on it was a dual coil, 24 gauge kanthal, 1.5mm post, 0.28Ω, wick threaded through the coil and each end tucked in the respective juice well. I didn't like it very much.

~ Cullin

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I use a single parallel 28ga wrapped on a 5/64" drill bit 10 wraps at.7 ohms. Wicked with rayon with the ends just touching the bottom of the well since I only use Reos.

e9atu3yt.jpg

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Okay so I kind of took both of your advice, but reworked it a bit because my 28 gauge kanthal is a little springy and hard to work with.

So I did 10 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal around a 3/32" screwdriver for a 1.25Ω build and I'm liking this Magma a lot more now!

The flavor is incredible, I'm astonished. This also means I can use it on my BeyondVape Spire so now it's not just sitting on my vape shelf lol.

I want to get a DNA 30 chipped mod for this, I'm actually surprised how much I like regulated with an RDA.

Keep those other builds coming please!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have also read that coil distance above the air flow plays a big role in flavor production. IMO i can't tell much difference with the coil almost touching the deck or up 1 or 2 mm. Maybe someone else will give some good advice.
- Dirk

What do they say? That higher is better? Or what?

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I use a single parallel 28ga wrapped on a 5/64" drill bit 10 wraps at.7 ohms. Wicked with rayon with the ends just touching the bottom of the well since I only use Reos.

e9atu3yt.jpg

lmao I use the same build and I build a nest behind the airflow hole so no juice ever leaks out and i haven't used anything but my Magma for weeks now it is superior to everything.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406357110984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406357110984.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,511
  • uploadfromtaptalk1406357122647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406357122647.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7,697

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Welp, for some reason my 'Three Questions: Paypal and Regulated Mods' thread has mysteriously disappeared so I'm just going to ask this on this thread.

This Magma and BeyondVape Spire combo has gotten me really interested in the Clouper DNA30 Box Mod clone. My patient cap has been burned and I found one in a local B&M for $109.99. I know they are online for a lot cheaper but I kind of want it now. Now!

So, would you guys say that $109.99 is a good in-store price?

Or should I just go online and shoot myself in the foot in the mean time?

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Can you explain 'Build a nest'?

I take half of the cotton wick maybe a little less hanging down and push it behind the coil on each side then stuff the remaining cotton all the way down in the well... so basically when you drip it acts as a shield for liquid making its way to the airflow hole as seen in these pics

na7atu2u.jpg
9y6ybyza.jpg
a2aheru9.jpg

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
One of the nice things about the Magma is you can get a REALLY nice vape with higher resistances. You don't have to necessarily build a sub ohm set up on these. They work awesome @ 1.2 ohms and up. They're also good @ sub ohm levels but personally I'd stay above .5 ohms on the Magma. No real difference in flavor or vapor IMO.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Welp, for some reason my 'Three Questions: Paypal and Regulated Mods' thread has mysteriously disappeared so I'm just going to ask this on this thread.

This Magma and BeyondVape Spire combo has gotten me really interested in the Clouper DNA30 Box Mod clone. My patient cap has been burned and I found one in a local B&M for $109.99. I know they are online for a lot cheaper but I kind of want it now. Now!

So, would you guys say that $109.99 is a good in-store price?

Or should I just go online and shoot myself in the foot in the mean time?

Try haggling.
Hand em 90 dollars cash and see what happens.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
One of the nice things about the Magma is you can get a REALLY nice vape with higher resistances. You don't have to necessarily build a sub ohm set up on these. They work awesome @ 1.2 ohms and up. They're also good @ sub ohm levels but personally I'd stay above .5 ohms on the Magma. No real difference in flavor or vapor IMO.

Yep you got it. I have 4 magmas now all 4 with different coils ranging from. 5 - 1.4ohms and these things are a vaping miracle best thing to ever come out IMO. My RBAs are collecting dust on the shelf. I can go all day without having to pour (not drip because you don't need to) between the 4 I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread