RDA Magma RDA: Your Favorite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Yup, I think I'm back on 28 gauge. Dual coil 14 wraps, 2mm screwdriver at 1.04 ohms.

Previous build was 10 wraps 26 gauge. A little less surface area on those coils, and longer heat up time. Flavor and vapor on the 28 gauge is better.

I may go back up to 30 gauge at some point, but it can be a pain to work with - I'd have to use 18 wraps or so on each coil to get the same surface area.

Of course, that's with a regulated mod (sigelei 100w). I rarely cape below 4.5 volts anymore. Even a well maintained mech mod will be pushing only 3.8-4.0 volts. Yes, I've seen people metering mech mods and showing only .05 or .1 voltage drop - without any coils on it. Battery sag is going to steal at least another 0.1v (with new Sony VTCs at full charge).

BOOM!

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Been running this since this morning. It's working out pretty well.

88861009f223207ef940ad9e2c0f46c9.jpg

BOOM!

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
My Magma often has one coil that heats up slightly faster, but probably because the positive post hole is angled a bit funny. On one side, the positive post hole points towards the airflow, and on the other side it's angled away from the airflow. Makes it a PITA to get the leads the same on both coils.
BOOM!

Hey Frocket-
Glad you posted that. I have one Magma clone and two real deals. I thought something was a little off but, didn't realize it's normal. And yeah, PITA to wiggle through that angled bugger.

Thanks man!

Needinput

Jun 24, 2014
Va
For some reason I kept getting muted flavor using 28g wire. Tried close to the airholes and farther away. This was 8 wraps each at around .65 ohms.

As soon as I tried 26g I started getting great flavor using 8 wrap duels at .42 ohms. Maybe because I'm using a mech and the 28s didn't have enough wattage at .65? I see people posting 28 builds for the magma and I can't seem to get good flavor with that gauge.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
For some reason I kept getting muted flavor using 28g wire. Tried close to the airholes and farther away. This was 8 wraps each at around .65 ohms.

As soon as I tried 26g I started getting great flavor using 8 wrap duels at .42 ohms. Maybe because I'm using a mech and the 28s didn't have enough wattage at .65? I see people posting 28 builds for the magma and I can't seem to get good flavor with that gauge.

With 28gauge, a lot of people are using it for higher ohm builds (1.2-1.6Ω) because you can get great surface area with dual coils and it pumps up the voltage on regulated mods like the Cana.

I have my Magma built to 1.3Ω with a single coil, 26 gauge wrapped 9 times on a 3.0mm mandrel. The flavor is superb and vapor production is great on the iStick at 20W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread