Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Many people here use a magnetic stir plate to mix but there is far more to DYI then just stiring. Let me recommend some research and welcome to the forums.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I made my own stirplate and love it. I warm up the base mix a bit with hot water, get it stiring then add the flavor but not the nic then let it mix for bout a hour then let it sit overnight to let the airbubbles subside. Remix it so there is as little air as possible floating around for a longer period of time. Let it steep for however long then remix it again adding the nic and trying to have a few bubbles as possible. I have read that you can over oxidize your nic with too much air causing your juice to darken before its time and that can easily be done if you got a nice vortex going with the stirplate. I don't miss shaking bottles till your arm falls off one single ioda.

Reactions: Flyingfox272

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi all, first post in the DIY section! I'm just curious how you all mix your Juice? I use a magnetic stir plate and generally make 100-300ml per batch. Personally I think the combination of mixing in air as well as the warmth greatly speeds up the steeping process.

Wow... 100 ~ 300ml per batch.

That is a Lot of e-Liquid. Are you Mixing for more people that Yourself?

Flyingfox272

Jun 28, 2015
Connecticut
Dang Boy... Rats a Rot of Re-Reliquid

Do you have your Mod Duct Tapped to you Hand or Something?

LOL
LOL I love dense, thick, warm vape, I drip at about .1 ohms so the juice goes quick..... I generally keep a 500ml supply of my ADV and hundreds of ml of stuff I'm working on, got a really nice vanilla cupcake I'm vaping now.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
LOL I love dense, thick, warm vape, I drip at about .1 ohms so the juice goes quick..... I generally keep a 500ml supply of my ADV and hundreds of ml of stuff I'm working on, got a really nice vanilla cupcake I'm vaping now.

At .1 Ohms, I Imagine the e-Liquid does go Fast.

Just curious. How many Batteries do you go thru @ 30ml/day?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi all, first post in the DIY section! I'm just curious how you all mix your Juice? I use a magnetic stir plate and generally make 100-300ml per batch. Personally I think the combination of mixing in air as well as the warmth greatly speeds up the steeping process.

I usually make 120ml each of 3 flavors, minimum, every time I set out to do juices. I would surely use a mag stirrer if I had one.

Flyingfox272

Jun 28, 2015
Connecticut
Busy afternoon, 750ml
500ml rice crispy treats
250ml vanilla cupcake
250ml strawberry milkshake[GALLERY=]
image.jpg
[/GALLERY]

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I usually make 120ml each of 3 flavors, minimum, every time I set out to do juices. I would surely use a mag stirrer if I had one.

I initially mix enough base and flavor without the nic base to make 60 mls finished product. Let it steep its time, remove the amount to 12nic the 50mls leaving 7-10mls behind to seed the next mix. and repeat the process. I don't want to contaminate the seed mixes with the nicotine base. It only takes a couple days steep time to incorporate the nic base into a mix.
My DIY stirplate is the computer fan and it mixes my 25 & 50ml beakers just fine and my 100 ml wire top bottles but I don't see it having the knards to properly stir 250mls especially a high VG. I mix 60/40 so its thick and most defiantly hear the fan slowing down. I'm going to one day remove the fan blades and see if that gives it a bit more power. But generally speaking the stirplate is the cats azz since you don't have to babysit it, set a timer then walk away.

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
Here's one I made for around 6 bucks and a bunch of scrap parts. A little too much vortex in this picture, its set on 9 volts, at 12 volts it wants to take off, should be just a dimple at around 4.5 volts. Its interesting how the air bubbles can hang on to the spin bar going that fast. I will spin it up fast till its mixed and then down on slow overnight. Into the bottle in the AM. The better its mixed before it steeps the better and more consistent it will turn out, imo.

DSC01031.JPG

Last edited:

Flyingfox272

Jun 28, 2015
Connecticut
Here's one I made for around 6 bucks and a bunch of scrap parts. A little too much vortex in this picture, its set on 9 volts, at 12 volts it wants to take off, should be just a dimple at around 4.5 volts. Its interesting how the air bubbles can hang on to the spin bar going that fast. I will spin it up fast till its mixed and then down on slow overnight. Into the bottle in the AM. The better its mixed before it steeps the better and more consistent it will turn out, imo.

View attachment 467674
What is it made from? Looks very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread